Jump to content

[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly


linuxgurugamer
 Share

Recommended Posts

Very sorry for the delay in getting these bugs fixed.

However....

New release, 1.4.6.6

  • Merged PR from RCrockford:
    • Fixes #17 filling tanks doesn't fill EC.
    • Added missing fuels: EC, various RF monoprops, RF solids, TAC-LS resources.
  • Fixed issue of recovered crafts not resetting (#9)
  • Fixed issue of edited craft not being saved (#10)
  • Added line showing science earned to the vessel Complete message (#6)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer!

I have an issue in the VAB, namely I get very small stutters that are most noticable when the camera is moving around. Uninstalling KCT fixes the issue. They are not GC Runs (I checked with MemGraph), but I do get a lot of these messages in the KSP.log:

 

[LOG 18:36:14.981] [KCT] Attempting to take control of launch button
[LOG 18:36:15.025] [KCT] HandleEditorButton.controller is null
[LOG 18:36:15.503] [KCT] Attempting to take control of launch button
[LOG 18:36:15.546] [KCT] HandleEditorButton.controller is null
[LOG 18:36:16.027] [KCT] Attempting to take control of launch button

I'm using KCT version 1.4.6.6 with KSP 1.6.1, but 1.4.6.1is also affected.

Disabling "Override Launch Button" in the settings does *not* work around the issue, stutters are still there.

Please note that the Realism Overhaul fork of KCT (here: https://github.com/KSP-RO/KCT) does not have these stutters! So there is likely something that broke between when it was forked and now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Kobymaru said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer!

I have an issue in the VAB, namely I get very small stutters that are most noticable when the camera is moving around. Uninstalling KCT fixes the issue. They are not GC Runs (I checked with MemGraph), but I do get a lot of these messages in the KSP.log:

 

[LOG 18:36:14.981] [KCT] Attempting to take control of launch button
[LOG 18:36:15.025] [KCT] HandleEditorButton.controller is null
[LOG 18:36:15.503] [KCT] Attempting to take control of launch button
[LOG 18:36:15.546] [KCT] HandleEditorButton.controller is null
[LOG 18:36:16.027] [KCT] Attempting to take control of launch button

I'm using KCT version 1.4.6.6 with KSP 1.6.1, but 1.4.6.1is also affected.

Disabling "Override Launch Button" in the settings does *not* work around the issue, stutters are still there.

Please note that the Realism Overhaul fork of KCT (here: https://github.com/KSP-RO/KCT) does not have these stutters! So there is likely something that broke between when it was forked and now.

Given that the RO fork is several commits back from mine, it sounds like something might have been broken in one of my recent updates.

I'll have to take a look

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

 

I haven't used KCT for a long long time, and I'm going back to it now. In the "old time" there was a possibility to store a recovered vessel on a hangar to re-use it after top-up its tanks, I can't find the option any more. When I recover a vessel, it's simply unassembled and its parts put in my inventory from Scrapyard. I use Stage Recovery too (but not Oh scrap!)

 

Do I miss something ?

 

EDIT : OK, don't mind, as usual I discover how to do it just AFTER posting ^^ 

Edited by Cassin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for taking over this mod. I'm returning to KSP after break and it's a releaf to see some of the best mods still being maintained.

 

I had an issue when trying to down open and use it the mod as I didn't realise that Magicore was a depandancy. I got there in the end, but it may be worth highlighting this.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey there

Can someone have a look at my config file and tell me where I'm going wrong? I've made a custom config for my game, which started as the default config. I turned off tech unlock times, set the upgrade reset formula to 0, and set the starting points to 4,8,16. Pretty sure that's the only changes I made.

However, when I unlock my first tech node, I get the message saying an upgrade point has been added, but no point is added? I assume it must be linked to one of the values I've changed, but I don't know which would affect it. Switching back to the default config sets the upgrade points as expected.

Any advice?

Spoiler
KCT_Preset
{
	name = MyCustom
	shortName = MyCustom
	description = My Custom Config
	author = Me
	allowDeletion = False
	career = True
	science = True
	sandbox = True
	KCT_Preset_General
	{
		Enabled = True
		BuildTimes = True
		ReconditioningTimes = True
		ReconditioningBlocksPad = False
		TechUnlockTimes = False
		KSCUpgradeTimes = True
		TechUpgrades = True
		SharedUpgradePool = False
		StartingPoints = 4,8,16
		MaxRushClicks = 0
		RushMultiplier = 0.200000003
	}
	KCT_Preset_Time
	{
		OverallMultiplier = 1
		BuildEffect = 1
		InventoryEffect = 100
		ReconditioningEffect = 1728
		MaxReconditioning = 345600
		RolloutReconSplit = 0
	}
	KCT_Preset_Formula
	{
		NodeFormula = 2^([N]+1) / 86400
		UpgradeFundsFormula = min(2^([N]+4) * 1000, 1024000)
		UpgradeScienceFormula = min(2^([N]+2) * 1.0, 512)
		UpgradesForScience = 0
		ResearchFormula = [N]*0.5/86400
		EffectivePartFormula = min([c]/([I] + ([B]*([U]+1))), [c])*[MV]*[PV]
		ProceduralPartFormula = (([c]-[A]) + ([A]*10/max([I],1))) / max([B]*([U]+1),1) *[MV]*[PV]
		BPFormula = ([E]^(1/2))*2000*[O]
		KSCUpgradeFormula = ([C]^(1/2))*1000*[O]
		ReconditioningFormula = min([M]*[O]*[E], [X])*abs([RE]-[S]) / ([LM]-[L]+1)
		BuildRateFormula = (([I]+1)*0.05*[N] + max(0.1-[I], 0))*sign(2*[L]-[I]+1)
		UpgradeResetFormula = 0
		InventorySaleFormula = ([V]+[P] / 10000)^(0.5)
		RolloutCostFormula = 0
		NewLaunchPadCostFormula = 100000*([N]^3)
	}
	KCT_Preset_Part_Variables
	{
		Part_Variables
		{
		}
		Module_Variables
		{
		}
		Resource_Variables
		{
		}
		Global_Variables
		{
		}
	}
}

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, strudo76 said:

Hey there

Can someone have a look at my config file and tell me where I'm going wrong? I've made a custom config for my game, which started as the default config. I turned off tech unlock times, set the upgrade reset formula to 0, and set the starting points to 4,8,16. Pretty sure that's the only changes I made.

However, when I unlock my first tech node, I get the message saying an upgrade point has been added, but no point is added? I assume it must be linked to one of the values I've changed, but I don't know which would affect it. Switching back to the default config sets the upgrade points as expected.

Any advice?

IIRC, this option is set in the KCT settings window, not in the config file. It's a button that says something like "Research Unlocks Upgrades" (not sure about the proper name).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Tonas1997 said:

Anyone having troubles using Kerbal Konstructs launchsites with KCT? Worked perfectly on 1.3.1, but my current 1.6.1 install can't detect new KK launchsites.

You need to mention what version of KCT and KK are being used

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kerbal Construction Time: 1.4.6.1

Kerbal Konstructs: 1.7.0.3

(I grabbed the most recent version of KK, since there were no notes about compatibility with specific KSP versions)

EDIT: even after rolling back to KK ver. 1.4.5.64 (compatible with 1.6.1 as per CKAN) the problem persisted; this seems to be an issue on KCT's side.

Edited by Tonas1997
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same error as Gamerscircle,

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198060418631/screenshot/789737935213582619

here is the log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZVHvjCQp6tP2Ug9_FvSyPtdMRRTGORqE

It happened while reverting to launch pad, because my contracts for the mission were expired(?)

EDIT: the contracts bug was caused by a conflict between 2 other mods

 

Edited by Dutchbook
additional clarification
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update on the KerbalKonstructs issue: the added launchsites appear on persist.sfs:

LaunchSites
{
	KSC2
	{
		favouriteSite = No
		MissionCount = 0
		MissionLog = No Log
		isOpen = False
	}
	LAUNCHPAD
	{
		favouriteSite = No
		MissionCount = 0
		MissionLog = No Log
		isOpen = True
	}
	LVLC-1
	{
		favouriteSite = No
		MissionCount = 0
		MissionLog = No Log
		isOpen = True
	}
	RUNWAY
	{
		favouriteSite = No
		MissionCount = 0
		MissionLog = No Log
		isOpen = True
	}
}

Kerbal Construction Time does seem to recognize both the default launchpad and KSC2 (which is added by KK), but not LVLC-1. So there seems to be some sort of partial compatibility...(?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Newcomer to KCT here: is anyone else encountering an issue where the button shows up on the default Toolbar (I'm running at 4K, so I tend to avoid Blizzy's smaller toolbar where I can)....but clicking it simply causes a function-less grey bar to appear in the corner? 

Likewise, the blue button shows up in the VAB, but you still can't go through the initial configuration process (I installed this into a save around 80 days into the first career year).

I assume I have some other mod that's conflicting with it (though what, I can't say). So this is entirely my fault, but maybe someone else made the same mistake. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Synthesis said:

Newcomer to KCT here: is anyone else encountering an issue where the button shows up on the default Toolbar (I'm running at 4K, so I tend to avoid Blizzy's smaller toolbar where I can)....but clicking it simply causes a function-less grey bar to appear in the corner? 

Were you aware that the recent update to the Blizzy toolbar now includes scaling of the buttons?  This was added specifically because of the new 4k monitors which are available.

9 hours ago, Synthesis said:

Likewise, the blue button shows up in the VAB, but you still can't go through the initial configuration process (I installed this into a save around 80 days into the first career year).

I assume I have some other mod that's conflicting with it (though what, I can't say). So this is entirely my fault, but maybe someone else made the same mistake. 

Please provide a log file.  There is a lot of information which is useful in the file, and which you didn't provide, such as:

  • OS you are running on
  • KSP version
  • Version of all the installed mods
  • Exceptions which are created by errors in code
  • Etc

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Were you aware that the recent update to the Blizzy toolbar now includes scaling of the buttons?  This was added specifically because of the new 4k monitors which are available.

Please provide a log file.  There is a lot of information which is useful in the file, and which you didn't provide, such as:

  • OS you are running on
  • KSP version
  • Version of all the installed mods
  • Exceptions which are created by errors in code
  • Etc

 

Oh, thanks. I was hoping it might be something that sounded immediately familiar, but I guess not. Do you need the whole log file, or just a specific part? I'll need to generate a new one since my last one was without the mod installed. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Synthesis said:

Oh, thanks. I was hoping it might be something that sounded immediately familiar, but I guess not. Do you need the whole log file, or just a specific part? I'll need to generate a new one since my last one was without the mod installed. 

 

The whole log file.  Quite often there is useful information separated by thousands of lines

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The whole log file.  Quite often there is useful information separated by thousands of lines

Ah, understood. This should be accessible:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah5pbj-ZvUZajrsyLCndKa2tF9-RcA?e=jKc2fu

I'm grateful you're looking at it, I've been a fan of your work going to IFILS, and I'm definitely reliant on them. I guess I should check Blizzybar too given the UI options. 

EDIT: If you need it on another file host, just let me know.

Edited by Synthesis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2019 at 10:12 PM, Synthesis said:

Ah, understood. This should be accessible:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah5pbj-ZvUZajrsyLCndKa2tF9-RcA?e=jKc2fu

I'm grateful you're looking at it, I've been a fan of your work going to IFILS, and I'm definitely reliant on them. I guess I should check Blizzybar too given the UI options. 

EDIT: If you need it on another file host, just let me know.

Well, whatever you did, the log file has 2,869 exceptions

Looks like you need to install the MagiCore mod.

Most of the exceptions were that being missing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, whatever you did, the log file has 2,869 exceptions

Looks like you need to install the MagiCore mod.

Most of the exceptions were that being missing

Oh, thank you. I don't know how I missed that as a requirement (to be honest, I'm surprised I don't recognize the name, I thought I knew most of the old asset mods and this sort of thing). Thanks, I will give that a try. 

EDIT: Unfortunately, I still have the same menu problem, so that didn't change. Still, at least I have the correct prerequisite. There's probably still a conflict with another mod, as I originally suspected. 

EDIT EDIT: Magicore wasn't updated! The menu shows up now, hurrah!

Edited by Synthesis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17ObhJBwHa7xOrtin-J4jkDyYCxntF5_e

Hello.  I have played literally thousands of hours of KSP, mostly with KCT.  I haven't played in a versin or two but do want to with 1.7.  I'm having issue using KCT as seen in the screenshot below.  Please let me know if there's something I can fix or anything more that you need.  Thank you so much.

EDIT:  I also want to mention that the log and screenshot were both with only KCT as as the sole installed mod.

QM7BqHR.png

 

 

Edited by Cornholio
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...