[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

Hello.  I'm having an issue with this mod and am hoping someone could help me out.  I have put hundreds of hours into this game (all heavily modded) and consider KCT to be a crucial mod to peak game-play.  On a fresh KSP 1.9.1 install with no other mods installed, I have KCT 1.4.7.13 installed as well ass MagiCore 1.8.0-1.3.2.3.  When I start a new game, I don't see the KCT gui.  I am only able to click on the research facility.  Other facilities highlight when I hover over but do nothing when I click.  When inside the research facility, I am unable to leave it.  I have linked my KSP.log file here.  Thank you for the time.

You're missing a dependancy.

[EXC 20:49:25.091] BadImageFormatException: Could not resolve field token 0x040001a7, due to: Could not load type of field 'KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_GameStates:toolbarControl' (26) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.8.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.8.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none> assembly:E:\My Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KerbalConstructionTime\Plugins\KerbalConstructionTime.dll type:KCT_GameStates member:(null) signature:<none>

Get and install the toolbar control mod (and clickthroughblocker)

15 hours ago, Phoenix-D said:

You're missing a dependancy.

[EXC 20:49:25.091] BadImageFormatException: Could not resolve field token 0x040001a7, due to: Could not load type of field 'KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_GameStates:toolbarControl' (26) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.8.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.8.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none> assembly:E:\My Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KerbalConstructionTime\Plugins\KerbalConstructionTime.dll type:KCT_GameStates member:(null) signature:<none>

Get and install the toolbar control mod (and clickthroughblocker)

This helped with KCT as well as other addons I was having trouble with.  Thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Linuxgurugamer, was told I should contact you on the forums to inform you of an error I found today, and someone else ran into shortly afterwards.

I was having problems where I could not actually add anything to build in RO+RP1. I could simulate, add the building plan, but nothing would ever actually start building. Hitting "build" or "launch" did nothing, but did produce this in the console:

unknown.png

Found this error, looked in my game directory, and there was nothing related to SpaceTux so, found the github at https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/SpaceTuxLibrary/releases and manually added to my gamedata relaunched game, and now KCT is working and I can add to build.

Wanted to post my solution in-case it helps anyone else, or if there is a current issue with the CKAN installation/setup that is skipping SpaceTuxLibrary (i did a complete fresh install following the instructions today, perhaps I missed something in there that discussed this, or may need to be added?)

I presume since the version hasn't been bumped, either this doesn't work for 1.10, or it hasn't finished testing for 1.10-- which is a bummer, since I was planning on adding this to my new mission report. Can anyone conirm or deny my suspicions of KCT not functioning properly in 1.10?

EDIT: scratch that, the CKAN version works for 1.10-- sorry for inconveniencing you

Edited by LittleBitMore

Hello everyone. I have some good news about this great mod (at least I hope the news are good). I have found a way to add KCT-built vessels merging. So if you launch a reusable LV that is recovered not in a single piece (like Falcon Heavy or Space Shuttle) you can recover these pieces, start editing one of them and select other vessels from storage to merge. It should take way less time than scraping and rebuilding the whole system around one of the pieces (can be configured via Merge Time Percent - a new field in KCT settings window).

Here is the PR with all the changes I needed. I have done some testing and found no bugs yet. I'd like other KCT contributors (especially @linuxgurugamer) to check it and say if it is OK or needs some tweaks.

Edited by DarthPointer

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to have a modded career with kerbal construction time in 1.10.1, Unfortunately the game refuses to load whenever I have it installed. Is there a version of it that does work with 1.10.1 or an alternative mod that does? (Im on win10 if this helps). When I mean "not loading" I mean its getting hung up on verifying the breaking ground expansion and not proceeding into the games playable state. Or am I just an idiot who's installing it wrong.

EDIT: I put the unzipped for magicore and KCS in my gamedata folder screwing up the paths so it got confused

Edited by I troll children online.

3 hours ago, Gfurst said:

Hey all, great mod as always, gratitude to @linuxgurugamer for maintaining once again. Always end getting back to this almost essential mod every time I get to play KSP.

Anyway, the "planned vessels" feature is new, how its supposed to work?

You mean the "add to plans" etc. feature?

It's shortcut for adding frequently built craft to the production queue so you don't have to go into the SPH/VAB editor, load the craft, "launch" it to queue, etc. each time. You can manage that from the space center view (or even in flight? i'm not certain about that)

1 hour ago, Beetlecat said:

It's shortcut for adding frequently built craft to the production queue so you don't have to go into the SPH/VAB editor, load the craft, "launch" it to queue, etc. each time. You can manage that from the space center view (or even in flight? i'm not certain about that)

Nice, that's what I thought, do you know if takes from the latest craft version file? In case if you change something in the vessel after having saved it.

1 hour ago, Gfurst said:

Nice, that's what I thought, do you know if takes from the latest craft version file? In case if you change something in the vessel after having saved it.

11 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I think it's a snapshot

Okay -- in that case, if you make tweaks (in the editor, obviously) to a design--- just re-add it to the saved plans to make the new version available to queue up. :)

2 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

Anybody else unable to Save a stored vessel after editing?  Nothing happens when I click on the Save button.  Previously, it would exit the SPH and the craft would go back into the queue.

You are missing a new dependency. SpaceTux Library. Y'd better checked the forum thread xD.

What are the requirements for adding a third build slot for the VAB or the SPH? I can never remember. And is it configurable somewhere?

Also, should go without saying really, but while I'm here: massive respect to everyone involved in developing & maintaining this mod - may honestly be the single best mod for KSP (despite very tough competition!)