[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, Darkherring said:

I would have a small feature request - would it be possible to add information about science gain after building a rocket in the message window? I know it shows up on the screen, but I always forget to take a look. Thank you in advance :)

I've added it to the issues as an enhancement request

On 4/7/2019 at 5:00 AM, aat said:

Small window glitch (still on 1.4.6.1):

when left-clicking on the launchpad or the runway, the launch window opens of a fraction of second and immediately closes afterward.

I guess it is KCT that forces it to close, otherwise would be possible to launch without building a craft. Maybe the window should  not open at all?

On 4/7/2019 at 8:30 AM, gap said:

I confirm the behaviour reported by aat, but unlike him I would like being able to access the launchpad by clicking on it (as in stock game).

I understand the limit evidenced by him (i.e. the need to avoid the selection of spacecrafts that have not been built yet), but I wonder if the rocket selection interface available there could be limited to only show vessels already available in the KCT's VAB storage.

And here is a typical modders' nightmare:  two people who want the exact opposite.

A quick answer to @aat is that it sounds like that's what's happening.  I don't see it, but it may be system dependent.

@gap that would add a fair-amount of work to make happen.  And right now I'm busy with performance issues, and some other mods as well

12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

And here is a typical modders' nightmare:  two people who want the exact opposite.

A quick answer to @aat is that it sounds like that's what's happening.  I don't see it, but it may be system dependent.

@gap that would add a fair-amount of work to make happen.  And right now I'm busy with performance issues, and some other mods as well

Well, I think we could easily find an agreement on this point. Imho the main obstacle is that you currently lack the time and probably also the motivation to address this little flaw, and whatever are our desires, we must respect that :)

Has anyone seen this problem? I can't seem to assign kerbals to rockets when launching them via KCT. Looking at KSP.log:

[WRN 21:58:05.528] Cannot add crewmember Kathson Kerman to parachuteRadial. Part Crew Capacity Exceeded.
[ERR 21:58:05.528] Error when assigning Kathson Kerman to parachuteRadial

A different try had Sergei trying to get added to an RCS thruster. I'm running KerbalConstructionTime-Stock 1.4.6.2 on KSP 1.6.1, with a small pile of mods. This weekend I'm planning to start methodically disabling mods to see if one of them is interfering, but I thought I'd ask here in case someone else has already seen this and has a quick fix (or knows which mod would be the cause).

I'm not sure when this cropped up, as I have been doing primarily unmanned missions so far.

1 hour ago, salajander said:

Has anyone seen this problem? I can't seem to assign kerbals to rockets when launching them via KCT. Looking at KSP.log:

[WRN 21:58:05.528] Cannot add crewmember Kathson Kerman to parachuteRadial. Part Crew Capacity Exceeded.

A different try had Sergei trying to get added to an RCS thruster. I'm running KerbalConstructionTime-Stock 1.4.6.2 on KSP 1.6.1, with a small pile of mods. This weekend I'm planning to start methodically disabling mods to see if one of them is interfering, but I thought I'd ask here in case someone else has already seen this and has a quick fix (or knows which mod would be the cause).

I'm not sure when this cropped up, as I have been doing primarily unmanned missions so far.

I can't recall ever seeing this

7 hours ago, salajander said:

Those messages aren't even from KCT

If you still have the save file, it would be interesting to see it

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Those messages aren't even from KCT

If you still have the save file, it would be interesting to see it

I've shared the entire save folder as well as a list of mods installed and KSP.log here.

The Kerbalism install is a still-being-worked on newer version, but all the others are standard latest releases.

23 minutes ago, salajander said:

Did a quick test, and the same thing happens in a fresh save. Should have some time to pull out various mods to see if they help later tonight or tomorrow.

Please remove Kerbalism first.  I don't support Kerbalism because it changes too much, if that turns out to be the problem, then it won't get fixed.

48 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Please remove Kerbalism first.  I don't support Kerbalism because it changes too much, if that turns out to be the problem, then it won't get fixed.

Yep, a clean install with just KCT and Kerbalism fails this way. That's really too bad - I'm going to miss using KCT.

Thanks for all the work you do maintaining the various other mods I'm using, in any case!

30 minutes ago, salajander said:

Yep, a clean install with just KCT and Kerbalism fails this way. That's really too bad - I'm going to miss using KCT.

It seems as though deleting the various ModuleManager cache files has fixed it. Not sure what was going on, or if there was something else I did that helped? But in any event I had a clean install with just KCT and Kerbalism reproduce the issue, until I deleted the caches. Very odd.

6 minutes ago, salajander said:

It seems as though deleting the various ModuleManager cache files has fixed it. Not sure what was going on, or if there was something else I did that helped? But in any event I had a clean install with just KCT and Kerbalism reproduce the issue, until I deleted the caches. Very odd.

I'll keep that in mind

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm using kerbalism in my save game, and it's working fine. I'm not having any issues or conflicts. Missed where he said a mm cache delete fixed his problem. Only meant to say that KCT and Kerbalism, apparently, can play nice together.

Edited by vardicd

Yeah, it was odd. Everything was working when I started this playthrough a few weeks ago, then I moved to mostly uncrewed flights. When I went back to crewed missions, I had the issue. Even more strangely, I set up a clean KSP 1.6.1 + Kerbalism + KCT install and on first run I had the issue. At some point I deleted the MM cache and it worked again, so I tried the same thing in my full setup, which then worked again.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok, I have no idea what's going on. My success with removing MM caches didn't last, and now that doesn't seem to do anything at all. Disabling Kerbalism doesn't help. Nor does disabling most of the other mods.

I can sometimes get craft that's nothing but a single MK1 capsule to work, but anything else doesn't. It's always the same error, trying to add a kerbal to a parachute or something.

I'm going to keep trying to figure out what combination of mods is troublesome. Though perhaps at this point there's just something horked about my save?

Ok. I have KSP 1.6.1 with only this in GameData:

000_ClickThroughBlocker
001_ToolbarControl
KerbalConstructionTime
MagiCore
ModuleManager.4.0.2.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
ScrapYard
Squad
SquadExpansion

I built a KV-1 Onion with a Mk 1 capsule on top, a parachute, and a goo container. Sent it to be built with KCT, launch, fill seats, and at the launch pad there are no Kerbals. It tried to put Jeb in the Goo and Bob into the parachute.

I'm at a loss on what's going on here. I've uploaded KSP.log and the save file to https://drive.google.com/open?id=18Peh-VUjj4dN64p-ycqSaViG8iBb3KoN

I have in the past experienced something that sounds exactly like this. However, it was because I had removed a ton of mods from a save, and had ships still being built by KCT. I did not have this problem on a new save. Your log is full of things like this...

[ERR 11:56:58.824] ScenarioModule is null.

[ERR 11:56:58.824] Cannot find a Module of typename 'StnSciScenario'

[ERR 11:56:58.824] Cannot find a Module of typename 'KerbalAlarmClockScenario'

[ERR 11:56:58.824] Cannot find a Module of typename 'Kerbalism'

[ERR 11:56:58.824] Cannot find a Module of typename 'AmpYear'

Youv'e removed a ton of mods from this save. Im betting you removed a bunch of it with ships in the build queue.  Try testing your install again in a new save. I may be way off base, but Id bet it works.

2 minutes ago, Cristy2017 said:

Hello, what is the "plans" tab that is now part of the mod? Last time I installed KCT it didn't have that. I haven't found anything that explains it, sorry if it's a dumb question.

Now you can start building saved craft from any screen.