[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

On 6/3/2019 at 9:09 AM, Flibble said:

I have an issue with a recovered plane. When I relaunch it, the controls become hard to use - it feels like I have some weird asymmetric drag or similar as it will pull to one side (usually the left). I had my kOS autopilot set to maintain heading and it required 6 degrees of bank to fly in a straight line (before recovery it would fly straight with 0 degree bank). When I switched over to manual controls I found it really hard to fly as it was pulling to the side so hard.

Is this likely to be something not getting reset properly when the  ship is recovered? I'm using FAR and B9 procedural wings, so there are a few extra settings over stock, maybe it's one of them?

I have no idea about FAR or B9.  Most  likely it is one of those.  

On 6/5/2019 at 5:01 PM, Flibble said:

Possibly related, when I do fill tanks and launch electric charge is not filled. Is that deliberate?

Not intensionally.  When filling it only fills fuel tanks, EC is not fuel.  But it should set the EC to full.

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not intensionally.  When filling it only fills fuel tanks, EC is not fuel.  But it should set the EC to full.

I don't have the plane in my save any more, but I recovered to SPH then did a launch with full tanks and it filled the fuel (Kerosene) but didn't fill any of the other tanks (EC was 3500/9000, oxygen, water, etc left as they were).

Is it because ElectricCharge is not listed in the white list? https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KCT/blob/master/GameData/KerbalConstructionTime/FuelResources.cfg

I'm using the VAB and Part Count preset and I changed the overall multiplier to 0.1x, but it doesn't seem to have any effect? Builds still take the same amount of time. Am I doing something wrong?

edit: Figured it out, had to add the [O] variable to the formula. 

Edited by subyng

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Caeden said:

Probably hate to hear this - but any idea for an update to 1.7.2?

For me the latest KCT version seems to work with KSP v1.7.1.
Probably linuxgurugamer will have a better answer, but to the best of my (very limited) knowledge, I don't see any reason why the same KCT version shouldn't work with KSP v1.7.2 or with the upcoming v1.7.3.

I want to better understand how KCT formulas works.   

KCT_Preset_Formula
	{
		NodeFormula = (1+([N]*.75)) / 86400 / 365 * sign(-[I]) * (1+([R] * 0.25)) 
		UpgradeFundsFormula = 20000
		UpgradesForScience = [N]/20
		UpgradeScienceFormula = -1
		ResearchFormula = -1
		EffectivePartFormula = [PV]*[RV]*[MV]*[C]
		ProceduralPartFormula = [PV]*[RV]*[MV]*[C]
		BPFormula = 250000 + ([E]*1000)
		KSCUpgradeFormula = (([C]*0.2)^(0.75))*5000
		ReconditioningFormula = abs([RE]-[S])*(([BP]-250000) * (0.7 + (([SN]^0.5)*0.05) + (([SP]^0.5)*0.05)) * (([L]+4)^2) * 0.00012)*50
		BuildRateFormula = (1+([L]*0.25))*(([I]+1)*[N]*0.025 + max(0.05-[I], 0))*sign([L]-[I])
		UpgradeResetFormula = -1
		InventorySaleFormula = 0
		// (0.7 + (([SN]^0.5)*0.05) + (([SP]^0.5)*0.05))
		RolloutCostFormula = (((([L]+1)^2.5)*200)-180) + (((([BP]-250000) / 1000) - (0.9 * [C])) * 0.6)
		NewLaunchPadCostFormula = 25000*(0.75 + ([N]^1.25)*.25)
	}

Do you know of any documentation?

42 minutes ago, New Horizons said:

In that case I think you need to browse the source code to figure out the formula parameters. The letters can even mean completely different things between 2 formulas.

See here and here, for example.

I'm having an odd problem that a cursory search hasn't found an answer to. When I recover a vessel and fill the tanks the next time I launch the vessel is in the exact state I recover it in with the only exception being the newly filled tanks. As a result any one time use science experiments are already used up, parachutes are already deployed and SRBs are already lit and are now firing as soon as the vessel loads on the pad. I don't know if this is a setting but if so I haven't found it.  

I am using 1.7.1 with the breaking ground and missing history dlc. I've tried this with a clean install with the same results. 

Thanks for any help.

7 hours ago, New Horizons said:

Here's the original documentation from way back when: https://github.com/magico13/KCT/wiki/Preset-Formulas-and-Math-Parser-Documentation

This project has changed hands a few times, and apparently not all parts were carried over, documentation being one of those. Best take it with a grain of salt, I don't know if anything has changed under the hood.

For all of you who have been waiting patiently for bug fixes, I've finally started working on this again.

Kudos to github user @Snucker who pointed out a typo in one of the lines I changed when doing all the performance improvements.  I've made that change and also merged in a PR which fixes the EC issue.

the only two bugs I'm aware of at this time are:

Recovered, edited plane disappears after savinghttps://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KCT/issues/10

Recovered crafts in the editor don't resethttps://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KCT/issues/9

and they both may be the same bug.

There are also a few enhancement requests, I'll see what I can do.  Right now my big push is to update all my mods for 1.7.2, but this has been waiting long enough that I will devote some dedicated time to it over the weekend.

Since KSP 1.7.0 I've seen strange new behavior from this mod after recovering/reusing craft.  This is one of my must-have mods, so I'm familiar with it.  The new issues with recovered craft:

1. Single-use experiments are not reset
  2. Parachutes are not reset
  3. EC (as others have mentioned) are not reset.
  4. Kerbals are not removed from external pilot seats (this one is weird, I have to manually grab them and remove them in the hangar).

To put it simply, nothing seems to get reset when a craft is reused.  

Edited by radinator

Love the mod.  Question:  Is this a bug or a feature I'm not aware of?

I landed and KCT recovered my 1st stage booster, edited it to plop on a new upper stage / payload.  I made sure staging was correct, but when I eventually launched, the first stage rocket wouldn't activate upon staging.  I had to right click and click on activate engine to get it to start.  I can activate it via Action Groups, if that matters.

Other possibly relevant points, this was running under KRASH.  Initially, I tried launching using my standard KOS script, which spat out an error due to an inactive engine.  That's when I found I couldn't activate the engine through staging.

Edited by Soda Popinski

I'm aware it was being worked on.  An earlier report mentioned it was happening since 1.7.1, I was reporting that it was also happening in 1.7.0.  I know he was working on it, just helping locate when it started happening, since that helps identify the specific problem.

I tried testing the new beta with 1.7.2 and a newly created game. It did not reset/close the goo containers between flights. Although I got credit for the science between flights the experiment still contained the science.  It also auto-staged when I hit the launch button, which means that instead of going to the launch pad and waiting for me to stage to start the launch, it went to the launch pad and immediately launched. 

Edited by radinator

32 minutes ago, radinator said:

I'm aware it was being worked on.  An earlier report mentioned it was happening since 1.7.1, I was reporting that it was also happening in 1.7.0.  I know he was working on it, just helping locate when it started happening, since that helps identify the specific problem.

I tried testing the new beta with 1.7.2 and a newly created game. It did not reset/close the goo containers between flights. Although I got credit for the science between flights the experiment still contained the science.  It also auto-staged when I hit the launch button, which means that instead of going to the launch pad and waiting for me to stage to start the launch, it went to the launch pad and immediately launched. 

If you are going to report any info, you need to tell me the version of the mod, as well as the game.  Otherwise it's mostly meaningless with nothing specific for me to look at.

Please list a series of specific  steps which I can do to replicate this.  A reasonable example would be: 

"Put a Mk1pod on the pad with goo containers, collected goo and then recovered using KCT."

or, since you mentioned autostage, it might be:

"Put a Mk1 pod on an SRB and a couple of goo containers on the pad.  Collected the science and then recovered using KCT.  Relaunched using the same rocket and it autostaged when I hit the launch button"

Which launch button?  the one in the editor, or the KCT one?

The more specific information you can provide, the better chance I'll have of both replicating and fixing it.

FYI, a video with comments would also be great

Ok.

Tabula rasa, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game from Steam, no DLC included. 1.7.2

I unpacked your beta, and put the KCT folder in GameData.

Started a basic career game.

This time, on startup, the KCT initial startup window (where I believe you spend the initial points) popped up, but it was empty.

Could go no farther as I could not dismiss the popup.  [Correction: If I clicked on the KCT icon in the lower right corner, then another KCT popup frame shows up in the upper right corner (as expected), but that also was empty.]

Edited by radinator

11 minutes ago, radinator said:

Ok.

Tabula rasa, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game from Steam, no DLC included. 1.7.2

I unpacked your beta, and put the KCT folder in GameData.

Started a basic career game.

This time, on startup, the KCT initial startup window (where I believe you spend the initial points) popped up, but it was empty.

Could go no farther as I could not dismiss the popup.  [Correction: If I clicked on the KCT icon in the lower right corner, then another KCT popup frame shows up in the upper right corner (as expected), but that also was empty.]

Would be best to first install KCT using CKAN so that you get all the dependencies, then replace the KCT folder with the beta

CKAN/KCT + your beta.

New game, basic capsule, chute, "Flea" SRB with 3 fins + 2 Mystery Goo.  Built the craft with the appropriate delay, launched, did experiments (2x mystery goo + crew report). Recovered with KCT then edited the craft.  Filled the tanks (SRB) properly. EC did not fill, which I believe is normal.  Mystery Goo containers still open (hadn't closed, which I believe they used to do with previous KSP versions < 1.7.)

I closed one of the Mystery Goo containers to see if there would be a difference between the open and closed one later on.  Saved the edits via the KCT window.  After launch pad is reconditioned, I used KCT window in the corner to rollout the craft, and when done I hit launch in the KCT window.  The middle-of-screen KCT popup then happens, asking to 'launch' , 'fill tanks & launch', ..I select launch.

Scene jumps to launch pad and immediately fires the engines (I did not stage the engines to fire). The parachute had never reset, so I notice I don't have a chute available to land this time.  As it is flying, I try the Mystery Goo containers.  Neither will do the experiment, instead asking if I want to reset contains, as they already have data in them. One is open and one is closed, as I left them in the VAB, but neither reset the data/experiment.  Likewise, the Crew Report is asking if I want to overwrite the (already existing) data.

Rocket then crashes.

14 hours ago, subyng said:

Just chiming in to confirm that when recovering an entire vessel to VAB, any previously staged SRBs will immediately start firing when the vessel is re-flown. 

This is a known bug, see the post right above yours.