[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

Games stops responding when I recover vessel to VAB. Btw what is the point in recovering to VAB? Has that anything to do with scrapparts because I do not use that. Its not a dependency so I did not install. Standard recovery works. Seems a bit odd. Anyway if you need logs or anything to help out I can provide otherwise standard recovery is fine for me. 

New release, 1.4.5.23 for KSP 1.7.3, 1.4.7.12 for KSP 1.8.x

• Thanks to user  @siimav for the following:
    • Fix vessel Situation snapping to Landed on airlaunch
    • Add more custom events
    • Fix deleting a pad causing issues with other pad constructions
    • Fix vessel Situation snapping to Landed on airlaunch

Is there a way to merge two previously built crafts (if I want to build and test different parts of my spacecraft separately, then merge them to launch them together) ? I know that I can build a part, then test it, then edit it and launch the whole spacecraft, but I haven't found any option to merge two different previously built parts.

8 hours ago, esmenard said:

Is there a way to merge two previously built crafts (if I want to build and test different parts of my spacecraft separately, then merge them to launch them together) ? I know that I can build a part, then test it, then edit it and launch the whole spacecraft, but I haven't found any option to merge two different previously built parts.

The only way of merging 2 craft is to save them as subassemblies, then merge them in the editor and rebuild it from scratch. you could use the scrap yard mod to re-use the parts you've already built, so you're not technically building the parts from scratch.

On 2/2/2020 at 1:56 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Recovering to VAB or SPH keeps it in inventory, so you could launch it again without having to build it again. Mostly used with airplanes.

Re. The game not responding, post a log file.

sorry I missed this reply but it started working by itself. No idea why. Otherwise I would have given log. 

I didn't find any mention of that yet on the forums or anywhere else, so sorry if it was already answered: I receive upgrade points over time, and I have no idea why or how. There doesn't seem to be any setting related to that and any mention of that being supposed to happen anywhere online.

Like after a mission and a few days I would check the upgrades panel, and I would have some free extra unspent upgrade points.

Is that a bug or a feature? could someone please explain the logic of that?

3 hours ago, Valerian said:

Like after a mission and a few days I would check the upgrades panel, and I would have some free extra unspent upgrade points.

Upgrades are normally gotten by unlocking nodes in the tech tree. Typically one upgrade per node. It should pop up a message in the top left indicating that when you purchase a tech node.

4 minutes ago, Kerbal007 said:

Hi all, is this working in 1.9? I have all dependencies up to date, but when it comes to building, I cannot add my vessel to the list, I click the buttons and nothing happens :s 

working just fine for me.

Just now, vardicd said:

working just fine for me.

I must be doing something wrong, its throwing no log errors in the console , the tech tree is working as it should. In the VAB I have a saved ship I load, open building plans and construction menu, and have two large buttons - Add to building plans & Build, neither of which are working

Just now, Kerbal007 said:

I must be doing something wrong, its throwing no log errors in the console , the tech tree is working as it should. In the VAB I have a saved ship I load, open building plans and construction menu, and have two large buttons - Add to building plans & Build, neither of which are working

you should just click the stock launch button, that should, if everything is working, load the vessel into the build list.

2 minutes ago, vardicd said:

you should just click the stock launch button, that should, if everything is working, load the vessel into the build list.

The launch button is for lack of a better word, locked/inactive. I have Jeb in the stock pod, construction time is not increasing with parts either its says 0

Edited by Kerbal007

2 minutes ago, Kerbal007 said:

The launch button is for lack of a better word, locked/inactive. I have Jeb in the stock pod, construction time is not increasing with parts either its says 0

Then I don't know, all I can say is i know it can work. double check your install, and other than that, it's beyond my ability to help as is. 

Just now, vardicd said:

Then I don't know, all I can say is i know it can work. double check your install, and other than that, it's beyond my ability to help as is. 

Ok I removed RCS Build Aid, reloaded the game, and just loaded a vessel and its working :/ Appreciate your help, it got my troubleshooting brain working

Hi @linuxgurugamer, I am running into an error with my game when using both KCT and research bodies.  I am attempting to upgrade the observatory (from the Research Bodies Mod) and I get an error indicating invalid facility type.  I've included some details below along with the log files.  Let me know if you need anything else.

KSP: 1.8.1

Problem: Unable to upgrade observatory (from Research Bodies mod) using KCT.  Corresponding error message in log:

[EXC 15:58:20.763] Exception: Invalid facility type Observatory
    KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_KSCContextMenuOverrider.GetFacilityType () (at <74b4d5f147c347928d727c08f01c29f0>:0)
    KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_KSCContextMenuOverrider.ProcessUpgrade () (at <74b4d5f147c347928d727c08f01c29f0>:0)
    KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_KSCContextMenuOverrider.HandleUpgrade () (at <74b4d5f147c347928d727c08f01c29f0>:0)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at <22fd67f59718453e9250a6de1843ef8b>:0)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at <22fd67f59718453e9250a6de1843ef8b>:0)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at <22fd67f59718453e9250a6de1843ef8b>:0)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at <22fd67f59718453e9250a6de1843ef8b>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Mods installed:

Over 140 mods installed

KCT - 1.4.7.12

Research Bodies - V1.11.0.0

Reproduction steps:

At the Main KSC scene, select to upgrade observatory to level 2.  Received error messages

Log:

Log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4ziyseglpbs4ry/KSP.log?dl=0

Save file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4ugz5bxwb3gl9r/quicksave1.sfs?dl=0

@linuxgurugamer So i just noticed the hire crew button that pops up when launching a craft and not having any active Kerbals to crew the craft, allows you to hire crew even if you don't have the room in the astronaut complex, and if you don't have the funds to actually hire them, you just go into debt. is that an oversight?

ObJIY9x.jpg

Edited by vardicd

1 hour ago, vardicd said:

So i just noticed the hire crew button that pops up when launching a craft and not having any active Kerbals to crew the craft, allows you to hire crew even if you don't have the room in the astronaut complex, and if you don't have the funds to actually hire them, you just go into debt. is that an oversight?

I'm actually going to defer to @siimav on this, he is more knowledgeable than I am on this mod

New release, 1.4.6.24 for KSP 1.7.3, 1.4.7.13 for KSP 1.8+

• Thanks to @siimav for these:
    • Apparently there are mods that define custom KSC facility types. Those cannot currently be resolved to the KSP SpaceCenterFacility enum and will cause facility upgrade attempts to fail.  I made KCT_UpgradingBuilding.facilityType field nullable so that any custom facilities would just be null there. In the process I also found out that KSP is unable to automatically persist nullable enums so a workaround had to be written for that.
    • All spent funds that are related to vessel building & rollout are now logged under TransactionReasons.VesselRollout.  This is rather important for RP-1 career logger

if I had to choose a single mod that had made KSP career way more fun to play it is this mod. Thank you for helping to fix the unfinished career mode the devs gave up on. Thank you for adding a new machanic to the game that requires you to actually manage your space program's production.... gives the career mode a way more immersive feel... out of all the mods I use this is the best one that adds the most to kerbal. You actually added strategy to their game. Who would have thought once strategy was added things would become fun... go figure?? :)Thank you for making this. This mod +life support (Kerbalism) makes the game actually fun to play and provides a challenege if you are trying to not get kerbals killed. All missions and rescues have to be planned in advance. It is such a great mechanic that the kerbal devs should have added themselves. Really disappointed with vanilla career mode. It is so lazily done. Just annoys me we have to rely on modders.

Edited by c39687