[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

On 3/13/2020 at 4:08 PM, Corax said:

Actually I'm experiencing the opposite problem–launch pads that AFAICT shouldn't be open still show up in KCT's launch site selection list...

I have the same problem, all the KerbinSide bases are available to launch from even when I haven't opened them yet.

Experiencing an issue where recovered parts aren't reset. SRBs are running immediately after the flight loads and parachutes are already deployed. I'm aware this is a problem that has already been caught and fixed on github. Im running 1.8 with the right KCT downloaded. Im not entirely sure what you need to see in order to diagnose the issue, so for now have my log file. If you need something else, let me know.

Thanks!

On 5/2/2020 at 4:56 PM, Qwarkk said:

Experiencing an issue where recovered parts aren't reset. SRBs are running immediately after the flight loads and parachutes are already deployed. I'm aware this is a problem that has already been caught and fixed on github. Im running 1.8 with the right KCT downloaded. Im not entirely sure what you need to see in order to diagnose the issue, so for now have my log file. If you need something else, let me know.

Thanks!

This does sound familiar, but what makes you think it was fixed on Github?  The current release is current with the code on Github, so if it's not working, then something else is wrong

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This does sound familiar, but what makes you think it was fixed on Github?  The current release is current with the code on Github, so if it's not working, then something else is wrong

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KCT/issues/9

I found this while searching this forum post for solutions / others with the same problem. I presumed as you closed the issue it had been resolved. The changelog for release version 1.4.6.6 also says issue 9 was fixed. I appreciate all this was nearly a year ago and code etc has probably changed!

Thanks for all your mod support as always Linux!

3 minutes ago, Qwarkk said:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KCT/issues/9

I found this while searching this forum post for solutions / others with the same problem. I presumed as you closed the issue it had been resolved. The changelog for release version 1.4.6.6 also says issue 9 was fixed. I appreciate all this was nearly a year ago and code etc has probably changed!

Thanks for all your mod support as always Linux!

I knew it sounded familiar.

Just so you know, last night I was doing exactly that, reusing SRBs, and wasn't having that problem.  Any chance you could try testing with a much smaller install?

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I knew it sounded familiar.

Just so you know, last night I was doing exactly that, reusing SRBs, and wasn't having that problem.  Any chance you could try testing with a much smaller install?

Of course. Will give it a test and get back to you. I have a few mods I suspect may be causing it, I'll start from stock and slowly add select mods until I can consistently reproduce the bug.

• 3 weeks later...

So I have been using KCT in a RO career playthrough and I noticed that KCT does not refill RealFuels engine ignitors when you recover a vessel to SPH, and then refill the tanks before an airlaunch. Is this an intentional feature or a bug?

Edited by Nikola

I don't know if this is an issue with KCT or Oh scrap. I'm posting it in both areas to be certain. I have an issue where whenever I recover a craft, I still get the funds for the craft. Even if I recover to the VAB/SPH (a KCT feature). I am pretty sure that with both of these mods installed, I shouldn't be getting any funds back no matter where I recover too. I also have FMRS and Stage Recovery. Sorry for the messy log file, There are a few separate issues I am trying to solve right now.

KSP Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hzfoj7xVsr-0k0vROBqV08CLG-sZQndK/view?usp=sharing

On 10/27/2019 at 12:32 PM, khearn said:

I'm seeing the same issue as conkick. I first got it on an existing save, so I started a fresh one and still have it. I'd guess that it's calling some code when it tries to exist a screen and the code fails and causes the game to stay in the screen. But I haven't looked at any logs, that's just what it smells like. 

Removing KCT got things back to normal.

This is on linux, if it matters.

[Update] I looked at conkick's logs and noticed that it was complaining about not finding stuff from ToolbarController. That's not listed in CKAN as a requirement. I didn't have it installed when I tried KCT before, but I installed it since then. It wasn't showing as compatible for 1.8 until after KCT had been released for 1.8. I just tried reinstalling KCT and it seems to work now. So the problem seem to be that KCT has a dependency on ToolbarController that CKAN doesn't know about.

I also saw one oddity that I'm not sure is related to KCT. I tested using a save that was created new when I first tried out KCT, and had no tech researched. I also have a save that has a couple dozen techs researched. But when I tried it just now, the "new" save had all of the tech researched that the more advanced save does. I don't see why this would be related to KCT, but I thought I'd mention it. I'll do a little more testing, such as starting a new save to see if it also has techs researched. If it does' I'll try uninstallling KCT and see if another new game still has pre-researched techs. 

[Update2] Starting a fresh game gives me an unresearched tech tree. So I guess my pre-researched tree was a side-effect of trying to run KCT without ToolbarController. 

Similar issue, except I have toolbarcontroller installed.

KSP: 1.9.1 Windows 64bit w/ Making History and Breaking Ground

Issue: No ability to exit building screen when entered

Mods Installed:

Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.7.13

Dependencies: Magicore 1.8.0-1.3.2.3, ToolbarController 1.8.0-0.1.9.4

ModuleManager 4.1.3

Reproduction Steps: Once the game loads, enter the Astronaut Complex. Try to leave it, it won't work.

Log: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/604420170324115468/716109950027563008/Player.log

23 hours ago, Tangle said:

Similar issue, except I have toolbarcontroller installed.

KSP: 1.9.1 Windows 64bit w/ Making History and Breaking Ground

Issue: No ability to exit building screen when entered

Mods Installed:

Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.7.13

Dependencies: Magicore 1.8.0-1.3.2.3, ToolbarController 1.8.0-0.1.9.4

ModuleManager 4.1.3

Reproduction Steps: Once the game loads, enter the Astronaut Complex. Try to leave it, it won't work.

Log: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/604420170324115468/716109950027563008/Player.log

Apologies. It seems I always miss a dependency- this time it was clickthroughblocker.

Thanks for keeping so many of these old mods alive. Not sure if this has been mentioned before but if I select retrieve active vessel I get the vessel back(awsome) but I also get back the full cost of the rocket(Not cool...cheating). Is there any way to make it so you do not get any part refunds if this option was selected?

• 2 weeks later...

Does this actually work on 1.9.1? The thread subject says 1.9.x but I can't seem to find a 1.9 download on the git or ckan? Am I just mistaken or is the most recent supported revision 1.8?

2 hours ago, Schu said:

Does this actually work on 1.9.1? The thread subject says 1.9.x but I can't seem to find a 1.9 download on the git or ckan? Am I just mistaken or is the most recent supported revision 1.8?

Given the number of mods that I support, I usually do not update mods unless they need updating. The thread title is 

Found a small bug in the latest version of KCT.

I normally play with the default settings for KCT, however, in my latest save I disabled 'tech unlock times' and kept 'techtree unlock give points' enabled.  Under these conditions in a new save with just KCT and dependencies unlocking new nodes on the tech tree does not actually give new points.  The dialog will fire and tell you it is adding a point, but when you look at your upgrade point totals the totals do not increase.

One small wrinkle to this bug.  If you start a brand new save and give yourself some science points, and then use those points to buy tech nodes the mod works as expected.  However, after flying one mission, unlocking further tech nodes and the bug will reappear.

I am just going to re-enable 'tech unlock times' and continue playing, but wanted to report it for future playthroughs. 

Thanks so much for all your mod work it is greatly appreciated!

Hello

I've been using KCT for a long time but today I got the "An error while KCT loading data occurred. Things will be seriously broken!"

Here's my log

The only thing I did different is that I recovered with kct feature a stage that I landed with FMRS (first time doing it, I don't even know if it works), but the message appeared after my lander bugged at landing in minmus and I used hyperedit to fix it, and now when I leave spacecenter and come back the message pops up, any idea what's going on?

Thanks

Is it possible to add a repair function or "Rebuild this vessel as in this saved ship"?
It seems to me that it will be enough to allow open\merge saved vessel, but perhaps it just seems to me.

And I also noticed that we can fill the items that are launched from SPH, but to fill the items in VAB, you need to open the editor. (if this is important, I use " Real Fuels")

Which repo and branch should I target my PR to in order add a "reset" module? I have tested it and it works fine, the only things I need to know are repository name and branch. I guess these are LGG/KCT, master and I'd like to make sure I'm right.

I see that only stock modules are provided with such config, but I really wish my users have no need to be bothered with changing files in order to have interesting gameplay features that are the result of "integration" with KCT.

Upd: it won't do the business, I need a way to know whether the part is loaded with a saved ship/subassemly or it is on a KCT-edited craft. Is it any possible for a partmodule detect that it belongs to a KCT-built craft and not be foolished if I use save button while editing the craft and then open it as a new vessel?

Edited by DarthPointer

Is there a setting to increase recovery time depending on distance to KSC?

I can't to find anything in the options, and I think this is ridiculous that I fly to the pole for few hours, and recovery takes only 15 minutes.

Dumb question about using KCT with Bureaucracy:

I want to turn off KCT's facility upgrade setting to allow Bureaucracy to handle it, but I just want to double-check I'm choosing the right setting, because the wording on the Bureaucracy page just refers to the "Building Upgrade" setting for KCT, which doesn't appear in the settings panel. I'm assuming I want to turn off "KSC Upgrade Times", but I was just unsure because of how much Bureaucracy does with KSC facilities whether that's all I need to turn off in KCT.

15 hours ago, RocketRyleigh said:

Dumb question about using KCT with Bureaucracy:

I want to turn off KCT's facility upgrade setting to allow Bureaucracy to handle it, but I just want to double-check I'm choosing the right setting, because the wording on the Bureaucracy page just refers to the "Building Upgrade" setting for KCT, which doesn't appear in the settings panel. I'm assuming I want to turn off "KSC Upgrade Times", but I was just unsure because of how much Bureaucracy does with KSC facilities whether that's all I need to turn off in KCT.

AFAIK "KSC Upgrade Times" is the one you should switch off.

Bureaucracy: click the regular button and read the "stock" green screen message to get what you have done.