[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

On 8/23/2020 at 10:07 PM, Kerbolox said:

I seem to have come across a weird little bug, which makes a fully built vessel disappear from the KCT build list. I have first experienced this issue in a KSP 1.8.1 install but have been able to reproduce it in KSP 1.10.1. Here is my modlist for the latter install:

@linuxgurugamer I've fixed that particular issue in RP0KCT here. The code is so heavily refactored by now that you can't just cherry pick that commit and thus need to find the correct spot in legacy code manually. 

17 hours ago, Mars Mullo said:

Hi,

Just playing a game and the build button does not seem to be functional.

Playing KSP 1.10.1 with all the dependencies and the like.. any help would be cool.

Have plans but just cant seem to get the builders working on the build...???

How about providing a log file (Player.log), see my signature for info on how to get support

Well .. working on it.. I suspec this might be the problem...

Some installed modules are incompatible! It might not be safe to launch KSP. Really launch?

RealPlume-StockConfigs v4.0.1 (KSP 1.8.1 - 1.9.99), FilterExtensions 3.2.5 (KSP 1.8.0 - 1.9.1), ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.11 (KSP 1.8.0 - 1.10.0), JanitorsCloset 0.3.7 (KSP 1.8.0 - 1.9.0), RealPlume 2:v13.3.1 (KSP 1.1 - 1.9.99), DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.9.1 (KSP 1.8.0 - 1.10.0), ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.0.1 (KSP 1.7.0 - 1.9.0), SmokeScreen 2.8.14.0 (KSP 1.8.0 - 1.9.90), KerbalChangelog v1.3.0 (KSP 1.8.0 - 1.9.99), ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.4 (KSP 1.8.0 - 1.10.0)

Yeah a heap o mods not up to date when I updated KSP in Ckan.

10 minutes ago, Mars Mullo said:

Well .. working on it.. I suspec this might be the problem...

Some installed modules are incompatible! It might not be safe to launch KSP. Really launch?

RealPlume-StockConfigs v4.0.1 (KSP 1.8.1 - 1.9.99), FilterExtensions 3.2.5 (KSP 1.8.0 - 1.9.1), ClickThroughBlocker 1:0.1.10.11 (KSP 1.8.0 - 1.10.0), JanitorsCloset 0.3.7 (KSP 1.8.0 - 1.9.0), RealPlume 2:v13.3.1 (KSP 1.1 - 1.9.99), DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.9.1 (KSP 1.8.0 - 1.10.0), ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.0.1 (KSP 1.7.0 - 1.9.0), SmokeScreen 2.8.14.0 (KSP 1.8.0 - 1.9.90), KerbalChangelog v1.3.0 (KSP 1.8.0 - 1.9.99), ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.4 (KSP 1.8.0 - 1.10.0)

Yeah a heap o mods not up to date when I updated KSP in Ckan.

I'm not sure what the incompatible modules are, but you're missing magicore, linked in the op. No problem- I made this mistake myself a few weeks ago with the exact same results. Perhaps @linuxgurugamer can put this in the op if this is such a common problem?

9 hours ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

I'm not sure what the incompatible modules are, but you're missing magicore, linked in the op. No problem- I made this mistake myself a few weeks ago with the exact same results. Perhaps @linuxgurugamer can put this in the op if this is such a common problem?

I'm not sure how much more I can do.  it's mentioned in two spots in the OP near the top, and CKAN (recommended way to install) does it automatically.

As Kopernicus Continued for KSP 1.9.x has been released, I recently updated to KSP 1.9.1. Since then, I have some trouble with various mods. Maybe it's a problem with KK, but KCT can't seem to find some of my launch pads, while others work just fine. What are the criteria for KCT in order to offer a launch site in the menu?

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm not sure how much more I can do.  it's mentioned in two spots in the OP near the top, and CKAN (recommended way to install) does it automatically.

Well, just mention that if the launch button doesn’t work, it’s probably MagiCore

OK. I just played KSP in version 1.10.1  without the recent upgrades and without any other modes with all the dependencies required and it works fine.

So Im staying in 1.10.1 because i love this mod.

Now Im going to add my other favorites one at a time in order of preference until it get any problems. If i find something that just doesn't gel with it I will let you know.

The first addistion will be KRASH...  because it's used with KCT .  IMO.

Thanks everyone.. your all wonderful helpful people.

Yup KRASH button not showing ... 

Ok...  I downloaded the spacedock version and restarted and now it is going ... it wasnt showing the sim button at teh base of the screen before and now it is.

Sweet.

Edited by Mars Mullo

On 9/5/2020 at 9:44 PM, infinite_monkey said:

As Kopernicus Continued for KSP 1.9.x has been released, I recently updated to KSP 1.9.1. Since then, I have some trouble with various mods. Maybe it's a problem with KK, but KCT can't seem to find some of my launch pads, while others work just fine. What are the criteria for KCT in order to offer a launch site in the menu?

I have recently done some testing with KCT and KK with Kerbin Side Remastered (KSR) in KSP 1.8.1 and I have also experienced some strange behavior with the launch pads KCT offers. Since I have seen this post, I'd like to share my experiences as well.

I have first tested Sandbox mode, and everything was looking geat: KCT did allow me to launch from KSC, Woomerang, and Dessert, but not from any of the pads added by KSR. After opening some of the KSR pads through the KK UI, they got available in KCT as well (not immediately in some cases, but after entering and exiting the VAB once, they always ended up showing up in KCT's "select launch site" list). After closing some of the KSR pads again, they also disappeared in KCT (again possibly after entering and exiting the VAB).

However, in Career mode, things were looking different and quite weird. KCT did not offer Woomerang and Dessert any more (which is fine and to be expected), however on some occasions, it offered all KSR pads, even although I had not opened any of them (and some of them were even hidden, i.e., they don't show up in the Tracking Station or any of the KK menus until they have been discovered). Then, after getting into KSP a few days later, I was suddenly only offered a selection of those pads (namely the non-hidden ones, however independently of whether I had opened or closed them in the KK menus), and I can't think of any reason why (no mod installs, resets, or career progress made in the meantime)...

I have made an observation which might have to do something with this behavior: With KK installed and in Sandbox mode, when you are in the VAB, all the launch pads opened in KK will be added to the drop-down list of available pads below the launch button. However, in a new Career game, this drop-down list is not available. So what I imagine could be the case, is that, more or less, when that drop-down list is generated, KK saves all its opened pads to the pads that show up in this list, and KCT gets the pads it offers from the same location (this might also explain why I had to enter and exit the VAB for the list of pads in KCT getting updated in Sandbox mode). And since in a new Career game, that drop-down list doesn't show up, things are somehow messed up... if all of that is true, then I imagine, this is rather an issue with KK, and it would have to improve the way it communicates to the game which pads are available, in order to be better compatible with KCT.
However, that is only a theory. I might very well be completely wrong with all of this.

And finally I have noticed something else that I'd like to ask about:
When you want to launch a vessel from a KK pad in Career mode, the size restrictions that apply are the ones of the KSC launch pad that is currently selected in the KCT menu. Instead, KK launch pads usually come configured with their own specific size restrictions. Is there anything one can do to make KCT use these size restrictions instead, or is this issue simply something one has to accept when combining KCT with KK?

First of all, sorry for my english.

I have been having this error: "error loading KCT data". You had been watching a tons of those ss. It happens the whole time when i load a scenary. also, when i recover a rocket from the ksc menu multiple times, the ship icon just stuck on my screen even on the main menu. sorry but i don't have enough time (you know, job) to get this error again.

I am playing on 1.8.1. i understand that you don't have the obligation to change code for an old version, but maybe the fix is easy and i am doing something wrong. Also here is a ss from CKAN and the console. I can't send you a log file, because my game don't made any of them, i don't know why.

https://imgur.com/SYXNPcn  (the ss show KCT 1.7.3, but i already tried with the 1.8 one)
https://imgur.com/o1Iasuo

Windows 10

i5 4440

GTX 1050ti ( drivers ok)

8Gb of ram

As you can see magicore and the other stuffs are installed

Edit: recently i tried with other version of ksp and the same happens. And i descoverd tons of nullreferences in all versions. i reinstalled ksp a lot of time and i also deleted the folder manually, but that no fixed the problem.  it's like a problem with magicore, but it is installed.

Edited by OwariTY
add relevant information

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, aparrently i need to enable an option and then the game will generate the damn log. Sorry dude. Here is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uag2KsY5foyAtsPY5aS4RaYagsN0tF4r/view?usp=sharing

I am using ksp 1.10, but it's also happens using 1.8.1 and 1.8.0

On 9/8/2020 at 8:36 PM, OwariTY said:

First of all, sorry for my english.

I have been having this error: "error loading KCT data". You had been watching a tons of those ss. It happens the whole time when i load a scenary. also, when i recover a rocket from the ksc menu multiple times, the ship icon just stuck on my screen even on the main menu. sorry but i don't have enough time (you know, job) to get this error again.

I am playing on 1.8.1. i understand that you don't have the obligation to change code for an old version, but maybe the fix is easy and i am doing something wrong. Also here is a ss from CKAN and the console. I can't send you a log file, because my game don't made any of them, i don't know why.

https://imgur.com/SYXNPcn  (the ss show KCT 1.7.3, but i already tried with the 1.8 one)
https://imgur.com/o1Iasuo

Windows 10

i5 4440

GTX 1050ti ( drivers ok)

8Gb of ram

As you can see magicore and the other stuffs are installed

Edit: recently i tried with other version of ksp and the same happens. And i descoverd tons of nullreferences in all versions. i reinstalled ksp a lot of time and i also deleted the folder manually, but that no fixed the problem.  it's like a problem with magicore, but it is installed.

You are running KSP 1.7.3, with an older version of KCT.

Please install the latest version for 1.7.3 from here:  https://spacedock.info/mod/2254/Kerbal Construction Time-1.7.3

and try again.  

Note that there are different versions for 1.7.3 and 1.8.1.  for 1.8.1, get this version:  https://spacedock.info/mod/222/Kerbal Construction Time

Edited by linuxgurugamer

So, I came back from hiatus and of course I have to struggle.

KSP 1.9.1 - MagiCore 1.3.2.3 - KCT 1.4.8.0

After initially having it available the settings button disappears (old issue, back again) and I cannot build a vessel as well.

I get this spammed to the log when pressing the "Build" button:

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SpaceTuxUtility, Version=0.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
  at KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_Utilities.AddVesselToBuildList (System.String launchSite) [0x00060] in <2bee4448738248838f78a85622bf5bbd>:0 
  at KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_Utilities.AddVesselToBuildList () [0x00000] in <2bee4448738248838f78a85622bf5bbd>:0 
  at KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_GUI.DrawEditorGUI (System.Int32 windowID) [0x002ca] in <2bee4448738248838f78a85622bf5bbd>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) [0x00077] in <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00077] in <fa6f9762ac624af092525d37c9d516c4>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvc759yz6iehnyq/player.log and stuff 2020-09-14-01.7z?dl=1

Edit:

I just found this

So it seems I need this as well:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/SpaceTuxLibrary/releases

But why?

Edited by Gordon Dry

9 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

SpaceTuxUtility

Cmon. Download SpaceTux Lib and link STU ;)

Upd: didn't read the post for the first time whops. It is a new dependency since 1.4.7.14(?). A dirty trick was needed to support an engine reliability and paid maintenance mod, this trick is disabled if the mod is not present and a STU method is called to check it.

Edited by DarthPointer

16 minutes ago, DarthPointer said:

The only OK solution I know to prevent this from happening is using CKAN :)

Well, within the last 5 years I gave CKAN a chance for three times - it always was a mess with exceptions, where forum posts told how to manually override this and that etc.

So not for me, I rely on an sorted archive of downloaded mods, divided by KSP version, sub-divided by working, unfixed and unsure categories, using file and folder sync with Total Commander.

Archived mods come with text files with necessary info.

Edited by Gordon Dry

I'm getting seemingly random crashes (to desktop) once in a while when entering the VAB.

I'm playing LRTR, RSS, Kopernicus Bleeding Edge and 100 other mods installed with CKAN on 1.10.1 Linux, so it can be anything.

But the last entries in my log are from KCT (I did enable debug logging), so I thought I'd try here to see if anyone knows where to look next.

Obtained 7 stack frames.
#0  0x000000009df317 in (Unknown)
#1  0x000000009df5c2 in (Unknown)
#2  0x00000000d65f53 in (Unknown)
#3  0x00000000e0fe2a in (Unknown)
#4  0x0000004050cc52 in (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Object:FindObjectsOfType (System.Type)
#5  0x000000410c009c in KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_Events:OnEditorStarted ()
#6  0x000000410b6b4c in EditorLogic:StartEditor (bool)

Full log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14x5d_QvAV8Bl0SDVqPe4Tec0o4yNdsDb/view?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, boribori said:

I'm getting seemingly random crashes (to desktop) once in a while when entering the VAB.

I'm playing LRTR, RSS, Kopernicus Bleeding Edge and 100 other mods installed with CKAN on 1.10.1 Linux, so it can be anything.

But the last entries in my log are from KCT (I did enable debug logging), so I thought I'd try here to see if anyone knows where to look next.

Obtained 7 stack frames.
#0  0x000000009df317 in (Unknown)
#1  0x000000009df5c2 in (Unknown)
#2  0x00000000d65f53 in (Unknown)
#3  0x00000000e0fe2a in (Unknown)
#4  0x0000004050cc52 in (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Object:FindObjectsOfType (System.Type)
#5  0x000000410c009c in KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_Events:OnEditorStarted ()
#6  0x000000410b6b4c in EditorLogic:StartEditor (bool)

Full log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14x5d_QvAV8Bl0SDVqPe4Tec0o4yNdsDb/view?usp=sharing

I’m not suprised with kopernicus bleeding edge, try uninstalling that