[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

Asterisk launchsite menu should be available prior to rollout when the ship is fully in storage. It stores (stored I guess) which site you had selected in the VAB but you should be able to change it before rollout in case those pads are in use. At least that's how I remember it :P

58 minutes ago, magico13 said:

Asterisk launchsite menu should be available prior to rollout when the ship is fully in storage. It stores (stored I guess) which site you had selected in the VAB but you should be able to change it before rollout in case those pads are in use. At least that's how I remember it :P

Yeah it doesn't seem to be there at all anymore.

3 hours ago, vardicd said:

Yeah it doesn't seem to be there at all anymore.

Experiencing the same issue. To confirm that the issue is not from any other mod, tried the latest KCT on fresh 1.8.1 install with all DLC.

The issue was still there. While remembering the button existed until recently, the obvious next step was rolling back until the button reappears.

Used the latest version of ClickThroughBlocker, ToolbarController, MagicCore. Changed only KCT mod itself.

It didn't take much time as the button reappeared when using KCT 1.4.6.10.

So it seems that whatever the change happened between 1.4.6.10 and 1.4.6.11 got rid of the button.

I hope this would be helpful.

13 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New beta, 1.4.6.20 for KSP 1.7.3, 1.4.7.9 for KSP 1.8.x

• Removed old #if which was disabling the multiple launchsites

Available here:  

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KCT/releases/tag/1.4.7.9

This has indeed solved the issue I was having. The "select launchsite" is now showing up, and the KK launchsites are listed and usable. Thanks a million @linuxgurugamer and @siimav.

KCT doesn't honor KK's purchased or opened sites system, meaning I can launch from any KK site, whether I've paid the fee to open it or not, but that's a very minor issue. I can always just force myself not to use a base until I've opened it within KK.

Edited by kananesgi

@linuxgurugamer Just found a potential bug with the latest beta version. Had 2 contracts pop to test parts, one was an SRB and the other was a decoupler, the Striker [ I can't remember if that's a stock part or not, might be from a mod} and the tt-38k radial decoupler, which I'm pretty sure is stock. I had not yet researched these parts, but the contracts allowed me to have them for testing purposes. KCT blocked me from using them. I was allowed to build the craft, but was not allowed to launch them because the parts had not been researched yet.

21 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New beta, 1.4.6.20 for KSP 1.7.3, 1.4.7.9 for KSP 1.8.x

• Removed old #if which was disabling the multiple launchsites

Available here:  

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KCT/releases/tag/1.4.7.9

Now I can select launch sites, but it seems i lost the ability to active recover a craft:

j1TyRtX.png

I don't know what is spamming but my KSP.log is 39 MB, so i put it on G drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MuSThhSYSNDwOBqj3LO46T5OdeMHirRG

13 minutes ago, Master39 said:

Now I can select launch sites, but it seems i lost the ability to active recover a craft... 

Hmm, I didn't have any problems like this last night, but I only briefly tested it with a tiny rocket from the VAB. It recovered to the VAB without incident. I'll be doing more with it today most likely. I'll report if I run into issues. 

Edited by kananesgi

@linuxgurugamer

I just tried reverting to the old version that I had before (1.4.7.7) and the active recovery is working again, also I noticed that the beta was breaking my Kerbal Konstruct install somehow with summoning the menu probably causing the console spam i that filled that 39MB log, this is also fixed by reverting to 1.4.7.7

@kananesgi Do you have KK installed?

@Master39

Yes, I use KK. I haven't had any issues so far with the beta, but I'm not much of a beta tester. I'm not sure if I'm getting errors in my log from this, because I've got several other mods that are throwing errors (but they still working). I did get one CTD the first time I tried to launch from one of the KK pads (from KSC Extended) in my career game, but I reloaded and it worked the second time around. I do not have the MH expansion, though.

3 hours ago, Master39 said:

@kananesgi

Maybe it's scrapyard or KSC Harbour, for now I'll stick with 1.4.7.7 and use a single launch pad, maybe tomorrow I'll try to remove those two mods and see if that's the problem.

It's actually coming from KerbalKonstructs, but I have no idea why yet.

10 hours ago, Master39 said:

Now I can select launch sites, but it seems i lost the ability to active recover a craft:

j1TyRtX.png

I don't know what is spamming but my KSP.log is 39 MB, so i put it on G drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MuSThhSYSNDwOBqj3LO46T5OdeMHirRG

A complete modlist,please

11 minutes ago, Master39 said:

Is there some way of generating it? I don't want to miss something in the folder structure

If you use CKAN, you can export it.  Otherwise, get me the Player.Log along with the KSP.log files (I assume you are using 1.8.1)

Oh, and install ZeroMiniAvc, I see you have a number of MiniAVC dlls and they are broken

12 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Otherwise, get me the Player.Log along with the KSP.log files (I assume you are using 1.8.1)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RKzzg6fXPsGuch2Ka7v-NfrIw1OGQdIr

14 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Oh, and install ZeroMiniAvc, I see you have a number of MiniAVC dlls and they are broken

Doing it at the next restart, thanks for the advise and for your help

@Master39

Please try this.  I don't know if it will help, but I did this for someone else who is having issues with KCT and the toolbar:

It's a custom build of the Blizzy toolbar, unzip it into: 000_Toolbar\Plugins

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3rp42ab8shrmrv/aaa_Toolbar.zip?dl=0

It IS going to be spamming the log file, so be patient, and see if it fixes your problem.

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Master39

Please try this.  I don't know if it will help, but I did this for someone else who is having issues with KCT and the toolbar:

It's a custom build of the Blizzy toolbar, unzip it into: 000_Toolbar\Plugins

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k3rp42ab8shrmrv/aaa_Toolbar.zip?dl=0

It IS going to be spamming the log file, so be patient, and see if it fixes your problem.

I don't know if it was the fact that hadn't the Toolbar Plugin (I must have missed a dependancy somewhere) installed or your custom version but the problem is fixed now, thank you!

Do you need logs of the working run or that i try with an unmodified version of the Toolbar?

6 hours ago, Master39 said:

I don't know if it was the fact that hadn't the Toolbar Plugin (I must have missed a dependancy somewhere) installed or your custom version but the problem is fixed now, thank you!

Do you need logs of the working run or that i try with an unmodified version of the Toolbar?

Please try with an unmodified version of the Toolbar

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Please try with an unmodified version of the Toolbar

Ok, tomorrow I'll try and report back (now I'm at work)

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Master39 said:

Ok, tomorrow I'll try and report back (now I'm at work)

Actually, wait until tomorrow.

I have found the cause of a toolbar problem, which appears to be a cause of the memory leak.  I neec to do some more testing and will then put out a new beta this evening.

New beta, 1.4.6.21 for KSP 1.7.3 & 1.4.7.10 for KSP 1.8.x

• Fixed issue of blizzy toolbar button sometimes not being there when the UI scale was not 100%
  • Fixed issue of toolbar buttons (both blizzy & stock) not changing when clicked
  • Removed old code which provided the textures for the Blizzy toolbar
  • Minor refactoring of code in KerbalConstructionTime.cs in Start() to replace multiple If's with a switch
  • Fixed small memory leak by replacing all the "new Wait4Second" with constants
  • Fixed big memory lean (1-3 meg/sec) caused by needless changing of textures in the toolbar buttons
  • Removed unused function:  GetStockButtonTexture, not needed since the ToolbarController handles all of that 
  • Fixed the unable to resize Blizzy's toolbar when KCT icon is transferred to it

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KCT/releases/tag/1.4.7.10

Those of you who downloaded that test dll for the toolbar can revert the change

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 1/16/2020 at 11:00 PM, kananesgi said:

This has indeed solved the issue I was having. The "select launchsite" is now showing up, and the KK launchsites are listed and usable. Thanks a million @linuxgurugamer and @siimav.

@kananesgi and @Master39 question for both of you to clarify an issue I'm still experiencing with the beta and i want to know if it's just me. I don't use KK so I don't know if you can select launch sites in the editor, like you can with the stock making history sites, Woomerang and Desert, and I don't remember if either of you said if you have the expansion or not but in the screenshot below if i select either of the expansion sites the game will either load directly out to the launch pad, skipping KCT's build time, or it will add the craft to the build list, but build it out to the main launchpad at KSC.

xzX5UMD.jpg

I do have the asterisk menu option to move built craft to the other 2 launchsites, and it does work, so it's only a minor inconvenience if i have to launch all craft this way instead of building them directly to the respective launchpads, but i was wondering if either of you or anyone else was also seeing this behavior.

9ER52iG.jpg

aEbuAYY.jpg