[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

6 minutes ago, siimav said:

Yep, that's definitely an oversight

While you are looking at it - you might want to look at this one too - I already tagged LGG, but as it seems like you are looking at it:

thread starts here:

TL:DR - KCT either needs to double check the "inactive" flag on the ProtoCrewMember before loading them after hiring, or just not allow auto hire when Bureaucracy is installed (I'd prefer the latter).

Just now, siimav said:

You should probably log an issue on GH about it though. I'm not sure when I would actually have the time to take a look at the code and fix the issues.

Sure, do you want a separate issue for varcids thing and one for the Bureaucracy stuff, or just both together? (as they are separate, but related)

Just now, severedsolo said:

Sure, do you want a separate issue for varcids thing and one for the Bureaucracy stuff, or just both together? (as they are separate, but related)

Just throw them together as they are related to the same area of code.

12 hours ago, siimav said:

Just throw them together as they are related to the same area of code.

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

And I might be able to get to it also

On 2/21/2020 at 3:04 AM, vardicd said:

So i just noticed the hire crew button that pops up when launching a craft and not having any active Kerbals to crew the craft, allows you to hire crew even if you don't have the room in the astronaut complex, and if you don't have the funds to actually hire them, you just go into debt. is that an oversight?

Raised #64

Hey guys, I'm playing a RP-1 campaign and I'm not always getting the option to recover the vessel to VAB... Is there any kind of upgrade required for that? I couldn't find anything about it..

When I've just launched a vessel, and it's either on the runway or on the launchpad, I get the option to recover to either VAB and SPH. But after I launched it and it's landed, I only get the option to recover to SPH (both on the altimeter button and on KCT button)

I started a new campaign save, and the results were the same. However, I also tried a sandbox save, and there it would allow me to recover to either. That's what made me think it could be something related to campaign upgrades... anyone know what's going on? 

Hello !

Not a bug report, but it would be great if someone could give me some help on this one...

I've got KSP 1.9 installed on a windows and a linux PC.
Both have the same addons (except EVE which is installed only on windows), all installed via CKAN.

I played for some time on windows, and I'm now trying to use my save on linux.
But the game is unresponsive, and the KCT GUI won't show.
I've got the following in KSP.log:

[EXC 08:32:27.682] KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
        System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].get_Item (TKey key) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
        KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_TechItem.GetBlockingTech (KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_GameStates+KCT_TechItemIlist`1[T] techList) (at <62d999a8f87c484eb1d9f06778574928>:0)
        KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_Utilities.NextThingToFinish () (at <62d999a8f87c484eb1d9f06778574928>:0)
        KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_GUI.DrawBuildListWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <62d999a8f87c484eb1d9f06778574928>:0)
        UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) (at <5c0adbf4bfd64247bdedbb543f29b763>:0)
        UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at <5c0adbf4bfd64247bdedbb543f29b763>:0)
        UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Did I forgot something?
Should I try removing and re-installing KCT?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Removing and re-installing KCT via CKAN resolved the issue!
Sorry for the useless post :s

Edited by jkadarn
Issue resolved!

I just realized that the recovery time seems rather unrealistic. It was about 30 minutes, while launchpad is still reconditioning for another day.

I think it should be a minimum time of about an hour, plus some time depending on mass and distance. Assuming realistic masses of reentering vessels, it should be done in "helicopter speed" or slower. Exception: vehicles on the launch pad, then it should just be the same as rollback time.

3 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

I just realized that the recovery time seems rather unrealistic. It was about 30 minutes, while launchpad is still reconditioning for another day.

I think it should be a minimum time of about an hour, plus some time depending on mass and distance. Assuming realistic masses of reentering vessels, it should be done in "helicopter speed" or slower. Exception: vehicles on the launch pad, then it should just be the same as rollback time.

Was this in response to another post?  Recovery time for what?

4 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

The recovery/recondition/rollout, etc. wait times are configurable in the KCT settings, and are functions of craft size, and maybe literally cost. The forumlas are a little arcane looking, but you can figure out what modifiers to tweak to halve or double the time, etc.

"Recovery" can account for a whole lot of different things like post-op visual inspections, reconditioning of parts, checking all avionics, etc. Not just the literal time to wheel something back into the barn, so bumping that up a bit could make a lot of sense.

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Was this in response to another post?  Recovery time for what?

No, not a response, just something I noticed, sorry for the confusion. Recovery time = time for recovering a vessel ;-)

Thanks for the hint @Beetlecat. I checked the settings and the wiki, but found nothing about vessel recovery time.

36 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

No, not a response, just something I noticed, sorry for the confusion. Recovery time = time for recovering a vessel ;-)

Thanks for the hint @Beetlecat. I checked the settings and the wiki, but found nothing about vessel recovery time.

Oh, shoot -- I may have been mistaken that it was adjustable. The profile setup panel has *lots* of options. Maybe it's buried in there somewhere :)

8 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Oh, shoot -- I may have been mistaken that it was adjustable. The profile setup panel has *lots* of options. Maybe it's buried in there somewhere :)

If it's the same as a while back, it should be related to the rollout time. I think I wrote it as equal to the rollout time when at the KSC and twice the rollout time on the other side of Kerbin.

3 hours ago, magico13 said:

If it's the same as a while back, it should be related to the rollout time. I think I wrote it as equal to the rollout time when at the KSC and twice the rollout time on the other side of Kerbin.

So linear from 1 to 2 times rollout time? Problem is, what you recover is usually just the command capsule plus some minor stuff, so rollout time for that vessel wouldn't be very long. I'd consider rollout time the minimum, plus some additional time if there's crew aboard (say 30 minutes), plus a time that varies with distance. "Helicopter speed" (about 200 km/h) would be a maximum, as helicopters have a limited range, so "ship speed" would be more realistic for longer distances (more than 50 km or so). I'd assume several days (see Falcon 9 booster recovery, Apollo...)

2 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

So linear from 1 to 2 times rollout time? Problem is, what you recover is usually just the command capsule plus some minor stuff, so rollout time for that vessel wouldn't be very long. I'd consider rollout time the minimum, plus some additional time if there's crew aboard (say 30 minutes), plus a time that varies with distance. "Helicopter speed" (about 200 km/h) would be a maximum, as helicopters have a limited range, so "ship speed" would be more realistic for longer distances (more than 50 km or so). I'd assume several days (see Falcon 9 booster recovery, Apollo...)

You could adjust the formula to set it to just about anything, including setting minimums and changing the scaling (somewhat, you can't change it by distance unless that's been added after I left). The only limitation is that recovery and rollout are tied to each other and distance isn't an available variable. The one you'd want to change is the ReconditioningFormula. Recovery seems to have gotten to be a bigger feature than when I was writing it, I never really liked that feature because it was error prone to try to change an active ship into a craft file.

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

NIMBY seems to have the code in it to determine how far away a vessel is from a recovery point.  I suppose I can tap into that and somehow create a variable which could be used in a formula 

It's already in KCT, although only from the KSC and not other locations. https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KCT/blob/master/Kerbal_Construction_Time/KCT_Recon_Rollout.cs#L135

Edited by magico13

Just now, magico13 said:

It's already in KCT, although only from the KSC and not other locations. https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KCT/blob/master/Kerbal_Construction_Time/KCT_Recon_Rollout.cs#L135

Oh nice. Not sure when I'll have time, but I'll definitely keep it in mind.  Thanks

1 minute ago, magico13 said:

For me personally, that would be fine. I don't know how else this could be managed - you'd need different inventories for different launch sites, plus some possibilities of transportation within them. Interesting idea, but that would need a completely new mod...

17 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

For me personally, that would be fine. I don't know how else this could be managed - you'd need different inventories for different launch sites, plus some possibilities of transportation within them. Interesting idea, but that would need a completely new mod...

Funny that you mention that because with KSCSwitcher installed KCT would treat each KSC almost completely separate. Different build queues, different ship inventories, different upgrades. Some stuff was shared though, like the tech tree.

2 hours ago, magico13 said:

Funny that you mention that because with KSCSwitcher installed KCT would treat each KSC almost completely separate. Different build queues, different ship inventories, different upgrades. Some stuff was shared though, like the tech tree.

So there's a menu where your recovered ship should go? Well, then it makes totally sense to take that into account for recovery time as well :D