[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

6 minutes ago, nickicool said:

Is this compatible with 1.11.1? And have planed for update it?

Hi!

1) Check few posts above, you may find the answer

2) Test it on your own. Both mainteiner(s) and users would be happy to see any report about this.

I personally stay on 1.8.1 and only install higher versions for brief compatibility tests so I have stopped asking this question few years ago. xD
IMHO: chances are KCT will be fine with 1.11.1.

Edited by DarthPointer

Hi there. New to the forums, and I thought I would give y'all a heads-up about an issue I've been having with KCT. Caveat: I haven't tested this extensively, and I don't have any tasty logs for you (though I could use some guidance on which ones to include in the future, and where to find them). But what I do have is a solution, in case anyone runs into the same issue. 

I'm running a fairly huge (for me) modpack, so naturally I get crashes from time to time. But occasionally, I find that KCT stops working when I restart the game after a hard-lock crash. The icon just doesn't show up in the toolbar. I found that it works in new saves, though, so I checked the KCT_Settings.cfg file in the bad save folder -- lo and behold, it was empty. So I copied over KCT_Settings.cfg from the new save (with the settings I want) to the bad save and voila! It works again. 

Despite my lack of rigor in tracking down the cause, I still feel like this information could be of some use to someone. :)  

edit: I'm on KSP 1.11.1.3066 and using KCT 1.4.9 from CKAN. I can at least tell you that much. 

Edited by Aigamuxa

Is there anyway to control the auto added alarms to KAC?  I dont want these alarms to stop warp, I have disabled that on all other alarms but I am guessing KCT passes the variables to KAC.

Any tips if I can make this work, either here or in KAC?

What? Why nobody told about this mod?

It should be known as ESSENTIAL! And I'm talking about the whole package (KCT, scrapyard, ohscrap, KRASH, RR Crew, SRecovery)

KSP will never be the same for me. Thank you.

Edited by Factor_X

Sorry if this has been asked already, just seeing if I can get a quick answer. When using multiple launch sites, is it possible to take off with a plane from one space center runway, land at a different space center runway, then recover the plane to the SPH of the landing destination? Then refuel & take off again from that runway?

35 minutes ago, BuckStickly said:

Sorry if this has been asked already, just seeing if I can get a quick answer. When using multiple launch sites, is it possible to take off with a plane from one space center runway, land at a different space center runway, then recover the plane to the SPH of the landing destination? Then refuel & take off again from that runway?

Yes, it is. There's a vessel storage manager, and a UI to store vessels in a hangar. Can be the SPH or other buildings that are set as a hangar facility.

How does the new stock kerbal inventory system work with this mod. It seems like inventories are attached to individual kerbals (instead of seats like in KIS). Does this still work with KCT? I don't think any of the items are saved to their inventory when leaving because I cant seem to remove the parachute or RCS pack. Im mostly just wondering if anyone else has this issue and if anyone is dealing with it. 

Edited by kirmie44

54 minutes ago, kirmie44 said:

How does the new stock kerbal inventory system work with this mod. It seems like inventories are attached to individual kerbals (instead of seats like in KIS). Does this still work with KCT? I don't think any of the items are saved to their inventory when leaving because I cant seem to remove the parachute or RCS pack. Im mostly just wondering if anyone else has this issue and if anyone is dealing with it. 

It doesn't, hasn't been updated for it yet

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It doesn't, hasn't been updated for it yet

Thanks for quick response! 

I have found it is still possible to use items and change inventory, you just have to do it for each individual Kerbal and remember who has what.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey. Encountered a really strange bug today. I'm playing on the latest KSP version with a fairly large amount of mods. I opened up my main career save to find that KCT has seemingly vanished in it. it just brings me to the stock launch pad and runway with no KCT menu.  the mod  is still present in all other saves I have though, which is odd. I haven't installed any new mods since last opening the game, and it's worked flawlessly since today.   Could you look into this?

1 hour ago, Jhorriga said:

Hey. Encountered a really strange bug today. I'm playing on the latest KSP version with a fairly large amount of mods. I opened up my main career save to find that KCT has seemingly vanished in it. it just brings me to the stock launch pad and runway with no KCT menu.  the mod  is still present in all other saves I have though, which is odd. I haven't installed any new mods since last opening the game, and it's worked flawlessly since today.   Could you look into this?

Is it possible it's been disabled from the KCT icon on the KSC scene?  If the KCT icon is visible on the toolbar in the KSC view, right click and see if the button has been pressed.

11 minutes ago, Pehvbot said:

Is it possible it's been disabled from the KCT icon on the KSC scene?  If the KCT icon is visible on the toolbar in the KSC view, right click and see if the button has been pressed.

The KCT icon is absent. FYI the research uses the stock system as well. The save behaves as if KCT isn't installed. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question... if you have parts... say engines.... in an stock inventory that is recovered,  do those inventory parts then get added into the general kct onventory ro make construction time less (scrapyard needed perhaps?).

Just wondering if parts could be 3d printed using say Sandcastle and then recovered, would they be available for construction if they weren't welded to a craft before recovery.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if it was asked already (if it was I cant find it so I apologize in advance) but how can you unlock other launch sites (desert airfield, woomerang etc.) when playing career mode? In sandbox I can click select launchsite and pick but in career the only option available is KSC

On 5/9/2021 at 5:07 AM, Bracken Alistair said:

Not sure if it was asked already (if it was I cant find it so I apologize in advance) but how can you unlock other launch sites (desert airfield, woomerang etc.) when playing career mode? In sandbox I can click select launchsite and pick but in career the only option available is KSC

I'm also trying to figure this out. Haven't been able to find an answer in this thread so far...

Hi everyone! I've been using KerbalContructionTime for a while now on a heavily moded ksp 1.11.1. No problem so far, when I recently realized that when you edit the ship with liquid fuel tanks only, once available in KCT and ready for take off, the ship comes out with liquid fuel and oxidant ... oxidant which is extra weight for an atomic engine. The problem occurs with KCT. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I would be very grateful for the help.

2 hours ago, Earthbound Spartan said:

Hi everyone! I've been using KerbalContructionTime for a while now on a heavily moded ksp 1.11.1. No problem so far, when I recently realized that when you edit the ship with liquid fuel tanks only, once available in KCT and ready for take off, the ship comes out with liquid fuel and oxidant ... oxidant which is extra weight for an atomic engine. The problem occurs with KCT. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I would be very grateful for the help.

Would help to know what other mods you have installed.

Log file would also be helpful}

Hello, I've been digging through this thread and the 1.4 KCT thread, but I'm not finding this answered already.

How do you unlock/upgrade to allow for multiple craft to be built at the same time? Is this a Presets thing or is it somewhere else? 

Thanks for any help  ya'll can provide!