[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

Since 1.4.6, it seems that the second I press stage on a vessel created from the VAB, it immediately switches to 90 degrees off and goes boom. Video below:

http://i.tivec.org/2019-03-27_19-41-35.mp4

This seems to happen to new vessels built in the VAB as well as vessels in the build queue. Pretty explosions though! :D

Should also be noted I'm using the mod VABReorienter by Snark so the angle it goes off might not be what's expected. Nonetheless, it shouldn't tilt by 90 when launching :P

Do you want me to put it on the issue tracker as well?

Edited by Tivec

1 hour ago, Tivec said:

Since 1.4.6, it seems that the second I press stage on a vessel created from the VAB, it immediately switches to 90 degrees off and goes boom. Video below:

http://i.tivec.org/2019-03-27_19-41-35.mp4

This seems to happen to new vessels built in the VAB as well as vessels in the build queue. Pretty explosions though! :D

Should also be noted I'm using the mod VABReorienter by Snark so the angle it goes off might not be what's expected. Nonetheless, it shouldn't tilt by 90 when launching :P

Do you want me to put it on the issue tracker as well?

First, please remove that and try again.

Second, either way, open an issue.  It's possible the code I had to touch to fix the other problem was being used by this as well.

I have the same issue (and I don't use VABReorienter). It happened to a vessel created in VAB, then recovered back into VAB, edited and built again. When I launch it, it turns 90 degrees (i.e. horizontally) and big bada-boom! I haven't checked if the same thing happens without recovering it first.

Edited by garwel

1 hour ago, garwel said:

I have the same issue (and I don't use VABReorienter). It happened to a vessel created in VAB, then recovered back into VAB, edited and built again. When I launch it, it turns 90 degrees (i.e. horizontally) and big bada-boom! I haven't checked if the same thing happens without recovering it first.

Working on a fix right now

Good thing I knew to come and look here.  Was having problems with exactly what the latest hotfix was supposed to fix.  Unfortunately, though, it doesn't seem to be available from CKAN which is my primary method of getting updates.  Just an FYI.

8 hours ago, Kaidesa said:

Good thing I knew to come and look here.  Was having problems with exactly what the latest hotfix was supposed to fix.  Unfortunately, though, it doesn't seem to be available from CKAN which is my primary method of getting updates.  Just an FYI.

It takes CKAN a few hours to get updated.  I just checked, it's now available

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Hello,

I'm testing a KSP 1.6.1 install with mods, including the latest version of KCT ( 1.4.6.1 )

I was just setting some options and testing the install, when suddenly I realized that the KCT button and main panel had disappeared.

This happened sometime after I recovered the first and only vessel I launched.

Don't know if it could be related: after exiting to the main screen, the bar icon of  the AutoAsparagus mod appeared on the top right (of course the main screen should have no icons)

In addition, I'm experiencing the same lag in the VAB reported by @SpaceInvader

Here is the log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sueicptwebt00h2/KSP.log?dl=0

28 minutes ago, aat said:

I'm testing a KSP 1.6.1 install with mods, including the latest version of KCT ( 1.4.6.1 )

I was just setting some options and testing the install, when suddenly I realized that the KCT button and main panel had disappeared.

This happened sometime after I recovered the first and only vessel I launched.

Don't know if it could be related: after exiting to the main screen, the bar icon of  the AutoAsparagus mod appeared on the top right (of course the main screen should have no icons)

Is it possible you activated the Blizzy toolbar without realizing it?  If so, you need to open the Blizzy toolbar to enable the icon there

Please try to replicate this with as few mods as possible.

The thing about the AutoAsparagus seems to indicate there may have been an underlying issue with KSP

28 minutes ago, aat said:

In addition, I'm experiencing the same lag in the VAB reported by @SpaceInvader

I've found the problem, a workaround is to use the Blizzy toolbar until I release a fix.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

19 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is it possible you activated the Blizzy toolbar without realizing it?  If so, you need to open the Blizzy toolbar to enable the icon there

The thing about the AutoAsparagus seems to indicate there may have been an underlying issue with KSP

I've found the problem, a workaround is to use the Blizzy toolbar until I release a fix.

I'd like to jump in here an state that I've tried switching to Blizzy's toolbar using the KCT settings option and it has essentially no effect on the lag that I'm experiencing. This applies to both the full install and the minimal install. Additionally it did not decrease GC frequency on either install.

Edited by SpacedInvader

19 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Yes i confirm that I somehow switched to the Blizzy toolbar without noticing, or that somehow got enabled only after a few screen changes.

Also the autoasparagus thing seems a bug of that mod itself

Sorry for the previous report

21 minutes ago, SpacedInvader said:

I'd like to jump in here an state that I've tried switching to Blizzy's toolbar using the KCT settings option and it has essentially no effect on the lag that I'm experiencing. This applies to both the full install and the minimal install. Additionally it did not decrease GC frequency on either install.

I confirm this in my install, since now I'm using Blizzy but the lag is still present

1 hour ago, aat said:

Yes i confirm that I somehow switched to the Blizzy toolbar without noticing, or that somehow got enabled only after a few screen changes.

Also the autoasparagus thing seems a bug of that mod itself

Sorry for the previous report

Not a problem

1 hour ago, SpacedInvader said:

That odd.  Ok, I'll have to push out a release sooner than I wanted for this

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not a problem

That odd.  Ok, I'll have to push out a release sooner than I wanted for this

I don't necessarily think there is a reason to rush a release, I was just reporting that the toolbar fix didn't seem to work for me. The stuttering is painful, yes, but I can bear it for the time being as I'd rather you take the time you need to make improvements rather than feel a need to rush them out asap. Just my 2 cents.

I'm not sure if this is standard behavior, but when using the "Fill tanks and launch" option when launching a vehicle of any kind, ALL optional tanks including but not limited to ore tanks from certain mods as well as life support options (especially from Kerbalism) get restocked to max as well.  This is all well and good, but when removing shielding from a command pod, one would not expect that to be set to max when using said option.

I suppose I automatically assumed it worked primarily for fuel, or is that not its intention? 

Edited by Kaidesa

4 hours ago, Kaidesa said:

I'm not sure if this is standard behavior, but when using the "Fill tanks and launch" option when launching a vehicle of any kind, ALL optional tanks including but not limited to ore tanks from certain mods as well as life support options (especially from Kerbalism) get restocked to max as well.  This is all well and good, but when removing shielding from a command pod, one would not expect that to be set to max when using said option.

I suppose I automatically assumed it worked primarily for fuel, or is that not its intention? 

It's a new option, and is supposed to only fill unlocked tanks.

I suppose I'll have to add some code to check for fuel vs other stuff, but why wouldn't you want the life support to be refilled, except for waste product

40 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's a new option, and is supposed to only fill unlocked tanks.

I suppose I'll have to add some code to check for fuel vs other stuff, but why wouldn't you want the life support to be refilled, except for waste product

Well, the problem being it seems to refill everything, including stuff it shouldn't.  Waste and waste water, CO2...  Y'know, everything that ensures your Kerbals will die the second they escape the atmosphere.  It also automatically increases the shielding to max, which while having protection from radiation is nice and all, instantly sinking and drowning to death after re-entry to Kerbin and landing in the water... not so much.

1 hour ago, Kaidesa said:

Well, the problem being it seems to refill everything, including stuff it shouldn't.  Waste and waste water, CO2...  Y'know, everything that ensures your Kerbals will die the second they escape the atmosphere.  It also automatically increases the shielding to max, which while having protection from radiation is nice and all, instantly sinking and drowning to death after re-entry to Kerbin and landing in the water... not so much.

Ok, so I'll have to put some thought into this, maybe a whitelist of resources which are fuel

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm adding a whitelist to KCT to address the fuel issue raised above.  Hope to get it out tomorrow

Cool!! Thanks!!

Other quality of life improvements that the mod can benefit:

- Main KCT panel staying active after scene change (as of now, it disappears when returning to the KSC view, so each time we need to click on the icon again)

- Launch site chooser in KCT panel, or just before rolling out, or when commissioning a plan (as of now, we need to go inside the editor to change the launch site, and we can't change it afterwards)

8 minutes ago, aat said:

- Launch site chooser in KCT panel, or just before rolling out, or when commissioning a plan (as of now, we need to go inside the editor to change the launch site, and we can't change it afterwards)

Click the icon to the left of the vessel name in the Storage section when showing the Build List, you can select the launch site from the menu which is displayed at that time

11 minutes ago, aat said:

- Main KCT panel staying active after scene change (as of now, it disappears when returning to the KSC view, so each time we need to click on the icon again)

I'm pretty sure it does, at least it does in my testing from the editor to the space center, also from the tracking station back to the spacecenter.  I do see an issue when returning from the Admin, Astronaut Complex and R&D

On another note for everybody, I found the memory leak and cause of the stuttering.

Ok, the changes were significant enough to make me want a beta, here:

1.4.6.2-beta

• Optimized the stock toolbar button texture setting (for the flashing of the button)
  • Removed log spam: UpdateTechlistIconColor
  • Added whitelist of fuels for the "Fill Tanks" & "Fill Tanks and Launch"
  • Moved initialization of static GUI stuff into the loader
  • Fixed memory leak and cause of stuttering in the editor

The whitelist is set up for stock fuels, it's in the file FuelResources.cfg.  Stock fuels which will be refilled are:

• LiquidFuel
  • Oxidizer
  • XenonGas
  • MonoPropellant
  • SolidFuel

There is also a config for RealFuels, which is untested.   

Spoiler
  • AK20
  • AK27
  • Aerozine50
  • Aniline
  • AvGas
  • ClF3
  • ClF5
  • Diborane
  • Ethane
  • Ethanol
  • Ethanol75