[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

I have no idea what dll you are running, but it's not my version.

I found this from the log file.  In your log file:

KerbalConstructionTime v1.0.3.1 / v1.4.1.00

and in the current log file, using KCT which I just downloaded:

KerbalConstructionTime v1.4.5.5 / v1.4.1.00

It looks like you are running either the RO code or an old version.  Either way, it has nothing to do with my release

1 hour ago, Svm420 said:

@linuxgurugamer

The issue is your release. I stated at the beginning I am running 1.5.1. Your latest release has 2 downloads 1 for 1.5.1 and 1 for 1.6.1. I am using the 1 for my version 1.5.1 . But now that i did more testing since you didn't help at all and seem to do as little as possible to help. The 1.5.1 release is bad. Also i wont report issues in the future. Being treated like my issue doesn't exist. :rolleyes:

Reveal hidden contents

GPxgDlQ.png

Ummm, if you feel that way fine.  But all I can do is respond.  For instance, this is the first time you said which version of KSP you were running.  I'm not clairvoyant, how would I know?  Yes, it's in the log file, but I wasn't looking at the KSP version, I was looking at the KCT info.

Also, while the github has multiple versions, the compiles for the previous version are there as a courtesy.  In most cases there isn't a problem, but now that you've identified both the KSP version and where you got the dll from, I'll be able to do a proper test of your situation.

If you feel I'm short, well, you try supporting over 179 mods.

1 hour ago, Svm420 said:

The issue is your release. I stated at the beginning I am running 1.5.1. Your latest release has 2 downloads 1 for 1.5.1 and 1 for 1.6.1. I am using the 1 for my version 1.5.1 . But now that i did more testing since you didn't help at all and seem to do as little as possible to help. The 1.5.1 release is bad. Also i wont report issues in the future. Being treated like my issue doesn't exist. :rolleyes:

You do realize, don't you, that modders put in many long hours, for free, to give you shiny toys, for free, asking nothing in return?  And that therefore they owe you nothing whatsoever, right?  They do what they do out of community spirit and the goodness of their hearts, so it's pretty poor form to kvetch at them.

I also assume that you realize that @linuxgurugamer supports tons of mods, and has many, many thousands of users, and (like any modder) is simply not going to have the bandwidth to hand-hold everyone, no matter how public-spirited he may be.  Some of those thousands of users are going to have legitimate technical problems with the mods-- which of course modders generally want to know about and address, because naturally no modder wants bugs in their mods.

But you have to put yourself in the modder's shoes.  Many more users encounter technical problems due to installation errors, version incompatibilities, etc. on the user's end.  That happens all the time, and there's absolutely nothing that a modder can do about that-- it's not as though the modder can see everything you've done on your machine.

1 hour ago, Svm420 said:

The issue is your release.

Yet to be established.  That mod has quite a few users, and if it were a really serious problem for everyone, other people would likely be chiming in with this, too.  If you're the only person to have this issue, there's a good chance that the problem is somewhere on your end-- e.g. a stray version lurking around, an incompatibility with some dependency's version, etc.  It's not @linuxgurugamer's job to debug your computer setup.  This is then bolstered by the log entry that seems to point at some other version being around.

1 hour ago, Svm420 said:

Being treated like my issue doesn't exist. :rolleyes:

This is simply and patently untrue, and any modder would likely stop listening to you at this point.

I've read through the thread up to this point.  You reported your problem, and LGG quite politely engaged with you to try to narrow the problem down.  I count no fewer than six responses from LGG, up to the point that you made the comment I'm quoting here.  He asked you clarifying questions, he went and looked at code.  This is far from "treating you like your issue doesn't exist".

And when you included a log file that has a statement that it's running an old version?  Any modder would see that as a bright red flag that indicates there's likely a version problem on your end-- which he quite politely told you, as a simple statement of fact.

Given all the many, many thousands of users he needs to support, and given the hundreds of mods he keeps up, I doubt that any modder in a situation like that would have the time to dive deep into an issue that the user's own log seems to indicate is a version problem.

That doesn't mean there can't be some issue with the release.  (Remember that this isn't LGG's code, either-- he's adopted someone else's, it's not like he can wave a magic wand and instantly catch all problems.)  Maybe there could be.  But it also could very well be that you've got an installation problem on your end.  And since there are thousands of you but only one LGG, it's unavoidable that the modder is going to need you to do the spadework to eliminate version issues as a possible concern, before spending a lot more time on it.  He's not being dismissive.  He's being responsible.

So, if you'd like to continue getting free technical support from an unpaid volunteer who does all this in his spare time, I'd suggest that lashing out at them is probably not the most effective way to accomplish that.

8 minutes ago, Svm420 said:

Treat people reporting issues as people who want to help not a burden wasting your time.

Sure.  That's good advice.  And that's what LGG has demonstrated that he does, time and time again, for hundreds of mods, over a period of years.

10 minutes ago, Svm420 said:

Your whole mindset seemed to be to prove my issues was mine

Correct.  That's what a responsible modder needs to do, because he's also helping tons of other people, and very very often it is a problem on the user's end.  So the user needs to meet them at least halfway.

I've confirmed there is a problem with the build for 1.5.1.  It's there because I'm maintaining compatibility with the RO version.

That being said, the 1.6.1 version will work on 1.5.1 without any problem.  So, @Svm420 please download and install the 1.6.1 version and see how it works

New release, 1.4.5.7 (this fixes the build issue)

This first section is specific to the RO:

• Added AssemblyVersion-RO.tt for the RO build
  • Modified AssemblyVersion-RO.tt to write AssemblyFileVersion instead of AssemblyVersion
  • Commented out the AssemblyFileVersion in VersionInfo.cs
  • Renamed KerbalConstructionTime.version to KerbalConstructionTime-RO.version
  • Added Pre-build steps to run the TextTemplate

This is the regular build

• Moved several GUIStyle vars out of DrawBuildListWindow(), made them static and initted them one time only
  • Thanks to @JadeOfMaar for this:
    • Added buttons for the stock toolbar, not fuzzy anymore
  • Renamed existing button files to indicate the size of the icon
  • Added code to deal with "Important" for stock toolbar
  • Changed Fill Tank to ignore locked tanks
  • Added new button on launch dialog:  Fill tanks & Launch, ignores locked tanks
  • Added support for Community Trait Icons for the crew selection. It's optional, but really looks nice
  • Replaced level number by itself with the number in parens, followed by stars in the crew selection 
  • Make crew selection window a bit wider to accomodate the icons
  • Added a Building Plans window
  • New button on top bar in Editor to open up the Building Plans window
    • Will not save a vessel as a plan without a name.
    • Saving a vessel with the same name as an existing one will overwrite the old one
  • Removed all blocks of commented-out code 
  • Fixed jenkins to define the KSP1_4 flag

27 minutes ago, New Horizons said:

Thank you for this new release. I noticed, that the update information on game startup points to nowhere. The link seems to be broken somehow.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you are referring to.  Is it the link from AVC?  or the in-game link?

Edit:  I just saw the link shown in AVC was wrong, I've fixed it and it will be in the next release

Edited by linuxgurugamer

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I've confirmed there is a problem with the build for 1.5.1.  It's there because I'm maintaining compatibility with the RO version.

That being said, the 1.6.1 version will work on 1.5.1 without any problem.  So, @Svm420 please download and install the 1.6.1 version and see how it works

Can you tweak the metadata/version file/whatever ?

CKAN sees the old 1.4.0.69 (for 1.4.1). All the Newer version since then only show as for 1.6.1 only.

CKAN does not see the KCT versions for 1.5.1.

2 minutes ago, BlackHat said:

Can you tweak the metadata/version file/whatever ?

CKAN sees the old 1.4.0.69 (for 1.4.1). All the Newer version since then only show as for 1.6.1 only.

CKAN does not see the KCT versions for 1.5.1.

Not really, older version need to be done by hand.  It's the result of providing builds for 3 versions of KSP.  

CKAN sees the 1.4.0.69 because there is only one file for that version of KSP.  CKAN is not capable at this time of having the same mod having different files for each version of KSP.

However, the 1.6.1 version does work on 1.5.1 without any problems (from some testing I've done)

@linuxgurugamer I seem to have run into a problem, and I'm not sure what's causing it, I just downloaded this mod's newest version 1.4.5.7, playing on KSP 1.6.1, and since updating, I've noticed a few other mods have had their interfaces and buttons broken, when I revert back to the older version of KCT, 1.4.5.6, the interfaces and buttons are restored. The affected mods I've noticed so far are KRASH [the flight simulation mod] FMRS, and x-science I'll post screenshots below. I'm not sure why KCT would be having an effect on these mods, or what I might have done wrong in updating this mod, to cause this problem. I'm perfectly willing to provide you with any logs, or information you need, but sadly the KSP output logs were moved a [few/one] versions ago, and I can never remember how to find them now. If you, or someone can point me at the right location, I'll happily post a link to them for you. 

EDIT: I found the outputlog: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ls7ykhn56xgfsz9/output_log For KCT error.txt?dl=0

ftZwexu.jpg

RCPbdDa.jpg

vwLxyI0.jpg

5lGN2Zc.jpg

Edited by vardicd

29 minutes ago, vardicd said:

@linuxgurugamer I seem to have run into a problem, and I'm not sure what's causing it, I just downloaded this mod's newest version 1.4.5.7, playing on KSP 1.6.1, and since updating, I've noticed a few other mods have had their interfaces and buttons broken, when I revert back to the older version of KCT, 1.4.5.6, the interfaces and buttons are restored. The affected mods I've noticed so far are KRASH [the flight simulation mod] FMRS, and x-science I'll post screenshots below. I'm not sure why KCT would be having an effect on these mods, or what I might have done wrong in updating this mod, to cause this problem. I'm perfectly willing to provide you with any logs, or information you need, but sadly the KSP output logs were moved a [few/one] version ago, and I can never remember where or how to find them now.

ftZwexu.jpg

RCPbdDa.jpg

vwLxyI0.jpg

5lGN2Zc.jpg 0

I am also seeing this, and in addition to KRASH, I also see it with CraftOrganizer and KAC since the new KCT update. 

Y35TJlV.png

uooJsC4.png

The settings page for KCT itself is also looking very odd since: 

V0UhGr4.png

It is like the button graphics are removed or "forgotten"...

Edit: I also found this in Action Group Manager, as well as ScienceAlert ReAlerted. 

VNlZxRz.png

I've attached the log, but a cursory check doesn't tell me anything that could be the reason for the GUI issues.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yorobitx0edrm64/KSP.log?dl=0

On a side note: What's the purpose of the Building Plans page and how are you supposed to use it? 

Edited by Tivec

3 hours ago, Tivec said:

What's the purpose of the Building Plans page and how are you supposed to use it

The Building Plans window is used to start a build on a stored plan from anywhere in KSP.  

The process starts in the Editor.  There is a new button on the top bar, colored blue.  Click that when you have a vessel in the editor for which you would like to save the plan for. It brings up a dialog where you can add it to the building plans, or view the current building plans for either the VAB or SPH. This are NOT vessels under construction.

Side note:  I've fixed the issue with the buttons getting messed up, but found a bug in the Building Plans window, will get that fixed before a new release

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The Building Plans window is used to start a build on a stored plan from anywhere in KSP.  

The process starts in the Editor.  There is a new button on the top bar, colored blue.  Click that when you have a vessel in the editor for which you would like to save the plan for. It brings up a dialog where you can add it to the building plans, or view the current building plans for either the VAB or SPH. This are NOT vessels under construction.

Side note:  I've fixed the issue with the buttons getting messed up, but found a bug in the Building Plans window, will get that fixed before a new release

Aha! That's an excellent upgrade to KCT, being able to build vessels you frequently build without having to go to the VAB/SPH.

Also, did you see the bug I posted on the tracker? https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KCT/issues/3

New release, 1.4.5.8

• Updated stock version file download link
  • Fixed main skin button being changed in the new Build Plans window, was messing up all other windows after it had been opened one time
  • Updated button to add to building plans to show message if vessel not named or if it is 'Untitled Space Vessel'
  • Added message if no vessel in editor

@linuxgurugamer So I just woke up, downloaded KCT 1.4.5.8, and tried it out, seems to have fixed all the issues I was having with various buttons and interfaces, however, it seems to have created a new one, with itself. When you click on the plans button in one of the editors, the KCT build window bricks itself, again assuming I haven't done something wrong with updating the mod. Updated output log link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ao716ml8oiz7ig/output_log For new KCT error.txt?dl=0

dchh83Z.jpg

Nuts, I thought I had fixed that.

It's not you.  I've been unable to reproduce it since I fixed an issue with the window, do  you have a complete set of steps to reproduce it every time?

It's not every time, once it works, it will continue to work.  It's indicative of an uninitialized variable, but I haven't found it yet, because it is seemingly random 

Edit: I think I just found it, and it's actually deeper than I thought.  I have to fix duplicated window ids in several places.  Most of these are old, just the building plans is new

Edited by linuxgurugamer

New release, 1.4.5.9

• Added dynamic window ids, determined at runtime.  Avoids duplicates which lead to strange errors

Please let me know if the build plans window  gets messed up again.

Also, I am looking into the old bug of launching a recovered plane (and editing it) puts it up on it's tail