[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, cakepie said:

@linuxgurugamer since you're obviously here though not necessarily on GH: an ack on PR#8 would be nice.

Sorry, been busy with other stuff.

I saw it, will merge it when I get to it, but I want to be able to give it proper consideration.  There is a bug in KCT I need to look at, might get to it tomorrow night..

On 5/4/2019 at 6:08 AM, vardicd said:

I was not able to replicate. I was admittedly using a 60~ part plane, not a 30, so I'm not sure if that'll have any bearing. I just happened to have a plane on the runway from my previous video about the missing kerbals I posted, and used it for the test. was able to break, recover, rebuild, launch and fly the falcon stubby.

Maybe it's conflict I have? I don't know how to reproduce this bug since it also happened to a rocket that I tried to edit to change a few things before launching.

Here's my modlist:

[x] Science! Continued (xScienceContinued 5.20)
Airplane Plus (AirplanePlus 26.1)
AmpYear (AmpYearPowerManager 1:V1.5.4.0)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.6.0)
Background Resources (BackgroundResources v0.13.12.0)
Basic DeltaV (BasicDeltaV 5.2)
Basic Orbit (BasicOrbit 8.4)
CapCom - Mission Control On The Go (CapCom 2.10)
Celestial Body Science Editor (CelestialBodyScienceEditor 11.0)
Chatterer (Chatterer 0.9.96)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.7.1)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit 4.1.0.0)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.1.0.0)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.3.6)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.27.1)
Contract Pack: Clever Sats (ContractConfigurator-CleverSats 1.4)
Contract Pack: RemoteTech (ContractConfigurator-RemoteTech 2.1.4)
Contract Parser (ContractParser 8.0)
Crew R&R (CrewQueueTwo 1.1.9.1)
Crowd Sourced Flags (CrowdSourcedFlags 1.55.5)
Custom Barn Kit (CustomBarnKit 1.1.19.0)
DeepFreeze Continued... (DeepFreeze V0.25.0.0)
Deployable Engines Plugin (DeployableEngines 1.0.0)
Distant Object Enhancement (DistantObject v1.9.1.1)
Distant Object Enhancement default config (DistantObject-default v1.9.1.1)
DMagic Orbital Science (DMagicOrbitalScience 1.4.2)
Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.8.3)
Dynamic Battery Storage (DynamicBatteryStorage 2:1.4.0.0)
Ferram Aerospace Research Continued (FerramAerospaceResearchContinued 3:0.15.10.1)
Final Frontier (FinalFrontier 1.5.3-3465)
Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.12.0)
Firespitter Resources config (FirespitterResourcesConfig v7.12.0)
Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes (HideEmptyTechNodes 1.1.0)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.10.0.0)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 1.2)
Kerbal Construction Time (KerbalConstructionTime 1.4.6.4)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.18)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement Continued (KerbalJointReinforcementContinued v3.4.0)
KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artifical Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) (KRASH 0.5.29.8)
KW Rocketry Rebalanced (KWRocketryRebalanced 3.2.6.1)
LoreFriendly Serious Parody Flag Pack (LSPFlags v2.1)
MagiCore (MagiCore 1.3.1.5)
Mark IV Spaceplane System (MarkIVSpaceplaneSystem 3.0.4)
ModularFlightIntegrator (ModularFlightIntegrator 1.2.6.0)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.0.2)
Near Future Construction (NearFutureConstruction 1.0.6)
Near Future Electrical (NearFutureElectrical 1.0.1)
Near Future Electrical Core (NearFutureElectrical-Core 1.0.1)
Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 1:0.5.0)
Near Future Propulsion (NearFuturePropulsion 1.1.0)
Near Future Solar (NearFutureSolar 0.8.15)
Near Future Solar Core (NearFutureSolar-Core 0.8.15)
Near Future Spacecraft (NearFutureSpacecraft 1.2.3)
Probes Before Crew [PBC] (ProbesBeforeCrew 2.70)
Progress Parser (ProgressParser 10.0)
RasterPropMonitor (RasterPropMonitor 1:v0.30.6)
RasterPropMonitor Core (RasterPropMonitor-Core 1:v0.30.6)
RCS Build Aid Continued (RCSBuildAidCont 1:0.9.7.6)
Real Plume (RealPlume 2:v11.2.0)
Real Plume - Stock Configs (RealPlume-StockConfigs v1.3.1)
RealChute Parachute Systems (RealChute v1.4.7.3)
RemoteTech (RemoteTech v1.9.1)
REPOSoftTech-Agencies (REPOSoftTech-Agencies V1.5.4.0)
SCANsat (SCANsat v18.10)
scatterer (Scatterer 2:v0.0540)
scatterer - default config (Scatterer-config 2:v0.0540)
scatterer - sunflare (Scatterer-sunflare 2:v0.0540)
ScienceAlert ReAlerted (ScienceAlert 1.9.6.2)
SmokeScreen - Extended FX Plugin (SmokeScreen 2.8.1.0)
Sounding Rockets! (SoundingRockets 1.1.0.0)
StageRecovery (StageRecovery 1.9.1)
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux (StationPartsExpansionRedux 1.1.0)
Strategia (Strategia 1.7.3)
TAC Life Support (TACLS) (TACLS v0.13.12.0)
Tarsier Space Technology with Galaxies Continued... (TarsierSpaceTechnologyWithGalaxies 1:7.5)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1.7.18)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.6.20)
TriggerAu Flags (TriggerAu-Flags v2.9.3.0)
Universal Storage II (UniversalStorage2 1.7.0.10)
USI Tools (USITools 1.1.0.0)
Waypoint Manager (WaypointManager 2.7.5)

Also I've manually installed:
 - MKS
 - SVE with planetshine
 - EVE
 - Konstruction

11 hours ago, ImaginaryVenus5 said:

Maybe it's conflict I have? I don't know how to reproduce this bug since it also happened to a rocket that I tried to edit to change a few things before launching.

I have no idea, I'm using some of the mods you are, but our lists are so different I can't point to just a few that might be causing you issues.

I know I'm probably missing something really obvious, but I can't figure out how to enable the Community Trait Icons compatibility.

In the 1.4.5.7 patch notes you mention its optional, but I cant seem to find the option (I have CTI 1.1.1 installed along with KCT 1.4.6.4)

5 hours ago, CyanAngel said:

I know I'm probably missing something really obvious, but I can't figure out how to enable the Community Trait Icons compatibility.

In the 1.4.5.7 patch notes you mention its optional, but I cant seem to find the option (I have CTI 1.1.1 installed along with KCT 1.4.6.4)

It's optional, in that it doesn't have to be there, but if it is, then it will be used automatically

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's optional, in that it doesn't have to be there, but if it is, then it will be used automatically

Ah so if CTI is there it will automatically use it. Must be some kind of mod conflict then, I'll see if I can figure out whats gone wrong. Thanks for your help

Loving this mod, along with Scrapyard, Oh Scrap, and KRASH! One oddity I've found (or maybe I just missed it) is that there doesn't seem to be a way to edit the time it takes to recover a vessel. I've been doing static engine tests for Oh Scrap! and find that oddly it takes longer to use KCT's vessel recovery  from the launchpad than to recover instantly and rebuild it with the Scrapyard bonuses for reusing the parts.

Hello

Just wanted to say, awesome mod!
Got into this game only a few days ago but this adds a lot to the management aspect.

Any way to use the icons of the vessels when you click load in the editor in the list of vessels build/stored?
Would help to identify them quicker :)

7 hours ago, kerbnub said:

I've been doing static engine tests for Oh Scrap!

How do you do static tests? That's something that I have been wondering for a while now

7 hours ago, kerbnub said:

...and find that oddly it takes longer to use KCT's vessel recovery  from the launchpad than to recover instantly and rebuild it with the Scrapyard bonuses for reusing the parts.

...even more odd that I wasn't even aware of this KCT vessel recovery function :confused:
Where  is it found, and is it only available when for vessels that are on the lauchpad? 

Edited by gap

2 hours ago, gap said:

How do you do static tests? That's something that I have been wondering for a while now

...even more odd that I wasn't even aware of this KCT vessel recovery function :confused:
Where  is it found, and is it only available when for vessels that are on the lauchpad? 

I demonstrated the use of the KCT recovery function in the video I posted on the previous page, reposted below for you. Static tests can be done by simply building a craft, rolling it out to the Launchpad or runway WITH LAUNCH CLAMPS ATTACHED. fire the engine you want to test and let it run for a second or so. DO NOT RELEASE THE LAUNCH CLAMPS, then recover the vessel.

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:08 PM, vardicd said:

I was not able to replicate. I was admittedly using a 60~ part plane, not a 30, so I'm not sure if that'll have any bearing. I just happened to have a plane on the runway from my previous video about the missing kerbals I posted, and used it for the test. was able to break, recover, rebuild, launch and fly the falcon stubby.

46 minutes ago, vardicd said:

I demonstrated the use of the KCT recovery function in the video I posted on the previous page, reposted below for you.

Thank you vardicd! 

I had missed that video. I watched it now and I must say that it answers my question.

46 minutes ago, vardicd said:

Static tests can be done by simply building a craft, rolling it out to the Launchpad or runway WITH LAUNCH CLAMPS ATTACHED. fire the engine you want to test and let it run for a second or so. DO NOT RELEASE THE LAUNCH CLAMPS, then recover the vessel.

Are launch clamps available in the stock teck tree?

In my current campaign I am using hard settings together with KCT, CrewR&R, OhScrap, and Monthly Budgets end a few other realism mods. This combination makes my  game progression extremely slow (which I hate and enjoy enormously BTW lol). With only two pilots hired at the beginning of the career before rescue missions become available, a single part failure might mean the delaying of an effective launch for weeks, and it can jeopardize the lives of my precious kerbals; for this reason I always fit parachutes in excess to my crafts, even though this trick alone does't guarantee a 100% survival rate (I hate to scrap two career beginnigs for this reason). Probe cores are the next thing I am going to unlock and they will represent a big step forward in my career, but I couldn't locate any lauch clamps in the tech tree, at least not in the first nodes...

Edited by gap

5 hours ago, gap said:

Thank you vardicd! 

I had missed that video. I watched it now and I must say that it answers my question.

Are launch clamps available in the stock teck tree?

In my current campaign I am using hard settings together with KCT, CrewR&R, OhScrap, and Monthly Budgets end a few other realism mods. This combination makes my  game progression extremely slow (which I hate and enjoy enormously BTW lol). With only two pilots hired at the beginning of the career before rescue missions become available, a single part failure might mean the delaying of an effective launch for weeks, and it can jeopardize the lives of my precious kerbals; for this reason I always fit parachutes in excess to my crafts, even though this trick alone does't guarantee a 100% survival rate (I hate to scrap two career beginnigs for this reason). Probe cores are the next thing I am going to unlock and they will represent a big step forward in my career, but I couldn't locate any lauch clamps in the tech tree, at least not in the first nodes...

If you don't have launch clamps, build your rocket upside down. put the engine nozzle facing upwards, so the thrust of the rocket pushes the craft towards the ground, instead of up into the air. command pod or probe core, below the fuel tank, below the rocket which points up. the rocket exhaust goes up, which pushes your "craft" down, so there's no chance of it going up and crashing.

21 hours ago, vardicd said:

If you don't have launch clamps, build your rocket upside down. put the engine nozzle facing upwards, so the thrust of the rocket pushes the craft towards the ground, instead of up into the air. command pod or probe core, below the fuel tank, below the rocket which points up. the rocket exhaust goes up, which pushes your "craft" down, so there's no chance of it going up and crashing.

Exactly what I'm doing ^^

I usually remove most of the fuel, too, so it's very cheap to build, and since it doesn't actually leave the ground, there's no launchpad reconditioning time. You get the testing done, and can recover it for 100%.

It would actually make more sense to build and test on the runway, so there's no rollout time either, but my build rates are all faster for launchpad, so it ends up being faster anyway. And I believe the VAB and SPH build rates from experience are reduced separately too, which arguably should be combined.

Just a quick question as I have tried reading up on the topic and finding no answers.

What is generating upgrade points?

Some reference:

I've in 270days and landed and returned a pod on the Mün. Also started my kerbed (manned) exploration by connecting two vessels in orbit. Next plan to "discover" Minmus (research bodies).
Still I am unsure to what is the cause of the very sparsely receivec upgrade points. Still only building for 2,5BP on rate 1 VAB

On 5/9/2019 at 11:02 AM, CyanAngel said:

Tested on KSP 1.6.1 and 1.7, clean installs for both test. Trait icons don't appear, log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tekual4my67yu1/output_log.txt?dl=0

@CyanAngel CTI maintaner here, I've managed to reproduce your issue on KSP 1.6.1 with CTI 1.1.1 and KCT 1.4.6.4 + MagiCore 1.3.1.5 so it's not just you.
Unfortunately the latest KCT broke something, you can try rolling back to KCT 1.4.6 or 1.4.5.10 instead to get the icons to show up.

@linuxgurugamer  I've looked at the log file supplied

I think the problem is that you initialized static bool useCTI which means it will check with CTIWrapper as soon as any KCT_GUI is instantiated anywhere

// Find out if the Community Trait Icons are installed
internal static bool useCTI = CTIWrapper.initCTIWrapper() && CTIWrapper.CTI.Loaded;

This worked when you first implemented it, but in commit commit ede985b you created a new Addon  KCT_GuiDataAndWhitelistItemsDatabase with  KSPAddon.Startup.Instantly which has this:

void OnGUI()
{
  if (!GuiInit)
  {
    KCT_GUI.InitBuildListVars();
    //KCT_GUI.InitBuildPlans();
    GuiInit = true;
  }
}

And I suspect this is responsible for introducing the regression -- now you're checking CTIWrapper in LOADING, waaaay before CTIAddon has loaded anything -- so  CTIWrapper.CTI.Loaded returns false.  From user's log:

L229 [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'KCT_GuiDataAndWhitelistItemsDatabase' from assembly 'KerbalConstructionTime'
L301 [KerbalConstructionTime|CTIWrapper] Attempting to wrap Community Trait Icons...
L305 [KerbalConstructionTime|CTIWrapper] Community Trait Icons found: ver 1.1.1.0
L15671 [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From LOADING to MAINMENU =====================
L15685 [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'CTIAddon' from assembly 'CommunityTraitIcons'
L15689 [Community Trait Icons] Tinting icon for Pilot.
L15693 [Community Trait Icons] Tinting icon for Engineer.
etc

CTIAddon needs to let GameDatabase finish loading as well as allow ModuleManager to run any patches. It is set as  KSPAddon.Startup.MainMenu .

The earliest time to (easily) call CTI is SpaceCenter. It can be done in MainMenu but there are caveats there -- will probably work later in the scene (e.g. when adjusting new game difficulty settings) but if you want to do it in Start() or even Awake() you have to start taking into consideration possible issues due to the order in which addons are loaded (apparently BFS alphabetical, but don't rely on it). I had to grapple with that when doing integration for Indicator Lights and found a couple of solutions [ 1 , 2 ] but seriously it's not worth the trouble if you don't absolutely have to do it that early.

hth.

Edited by cakepie

1 hour ago, cakepie said:

CTIAddon needs to let GameDatabase finish loading as well as allow ModuleManager to run any patches. It is set as  KSPAddon.Startup.MainMenu .

The earliest time to (easily) call CTI is SpaceCenter. It can be done in MainMenu but there are caveats there -- will probably work later in the scene (e.g. when adjusting new game difficulty settings) but if you want to do it in Start() or even Awake() you have to start taking into consideration possible issues due to the order in which addons are loaded (apparently BFS alphabetical, but don't rely on it). I had to grapple with that when doing integration for Indicator Lights and found a couple of solutions [ 1 , 2 ] but seriously it's not worth the trouble if you don't absolutely have to do it that early.

hth.

Sounds like you found it, thanks.  I've been busy with another, was planning on getting back to this soon.  This came during various optimizations I have been doing to improve performance.

I'll merge your PR and fix this this morning

Edited by linuxgurugamer

3 hours ago, EasyAce said:

Just a quick question as I have tried reading up on the topic and finding no answers.

What is generating upgrade points?

To the best of my knowledge you can:

• buy update points using funds, reputation or science points, but KCT discourages this mechanism: the more UP you buy, the more expensive the next purchase will be;
  • acquire points via technological research: each unlocked the tech tree node provides one free UP;
  • reassign already assigned upgrade points (moving them where they are more need at any given moment), but again is not something you want to do too often, as each time you do that, you loose 2 points.

1 hour ago, gap said:

To the best of my knowledge you can:

• buy update points using funds, reputation or science points, but KCT discourages this mechanism: the more UP you buy, the more expensive the next purchase will be;
  • acquire points via technological research: each unlocked the tech tree node provides one free UP;
  • reassign already assigned upgrade points (moving them where they are more need at any given moment), but again is not something you want to do too often, as each time you do that, you loose 2 points.

Thanks, so basically each time I unloch a new tech I receive an upgrade point. Nice to know :)

New release, 1.4.6.5:

• Fixed initialization of the CTIWrapper
  • Merged PR by @cakepie for fetching the kerbal icon

note that I am aware of two outstanding issues:

I hope to be finished with my current project (ModuleSequentialAnimateGeneric) soon, and will then be able to look at these two issues.  There is also the following enhancement I'd like to implement:

32 minutes ago, EasyAce said:

Thanks, so basically each time I unloch a new tech I receive an upgrade point. Nice to know :)

That's more or less correct, but now that I rethink about it, waiting the actual unlocking of tech nodes is not a requirement for getting credited the relative upgrade points; if memory serves me well, you receive them as soon as you start researching the new technologies :)

On 4/27/2019 at 8:57 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I don’t support RO.  The RO people have a release specific for RO.  You need to use then ask for help in the RO thread

:(

I was really hoping for a fix for my planes ending up sat on their tail after recovery. Maybe my hacked up merge of KCT 1.4.6 and KCT RO will work...