[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

How can one enter settings menu, when there is no button anymore? I left the initial settings menu too quickly and now Ii wonat to look my settings up and maybe change them.

Another question: Is it possible to have building and roll out in one pass? It can be annoying to click on rollout after time warping to the finished build rocket. Counting down the last seconds takes the ongest time from each step.

Edited by New Horizons

2 hours ago, New Horizons said:

How can one enter settings menu, when there is no button anymore? I left the initial settings menu too quickly and now Ii wonat to look my settings up and maybe change them.

Another question: Is it possible to have building and roll out in one pass? It can be annoying to click on rollout after time warping to the finished build rocket. Counting down the last seconds takes the ongest time from each step.

Right-click on the toolbar button to get the settings page.

Re. The building and rollout, not at the present time. Too many ways to get a collision on the pad.  

Ill take a look at the countdown, see if I can streamline it a bit

12 hours ago, New Horizons said:

Counting down the last seconds takes the ongest time from each step.

The issue is with the KAC alarms that get automatically added. You should disable those from the KCT settings and the warps will be nearly instantaneous.

7 hours ago, siimav said:

The issue is with the KAC alarms that get automatically added. You should disable those from the KCT settings and the warps will be nearly instantaneous.

Thank you! Deactivating KAC entries helped a lot and with Better Time Warp mod gameplay is much more fluent now. 

On 10/21/2019 at 12:41 PM, ecaheti said:

I'm having issue with KCT launch on KSP 1.8. If the mod is there, the initial load of KSP get stuck. Am I the only one ?

All plugins (i.e. mods with DLL that actually affect gameplay) are broken in KSP 1.8 until they are updated. You need to wait or revert to KSP 1.7.3.

25 minutes ago, garwel said:

All plugins (i.e. mods with DLL that actually affect gameplay) are broken in KSP 1.8 until they are updated.

Technically that is not correct as some mods do work without any changes or recompiles in 1.8. KJR Continued is one such example. It's compiled against KSP 1.3.1 and works with every KSP version since then.

But you're right that people shouldn't expect mods that were released for previous versions to also work in 1.8. Mods that do work are probably a lot rarer than mods that have issues in the latest update.

7 hours ago, siimav said:

Technically that is not correct as some mods do work without any changes or recompiles in 1.8. KJR Continued is one such example. It's compiled against KSP 1.3.1 and works with every KSP version since then.

I didn't know that. But apparently KJR is a very simple mod, so it wasn't really affected by the change of the underlying platform. But unfortunately it's not the case with most others.

I have a question about KCT.  Currently, I'm manually using a formula for build time (based on the KVASS mod) but I've made a few exceptions.  The main one is I assume normal aircraft (airliners, fighters, etc) is part of a fleet rather than having to build each one.  Spaceplanes, experimental aircraft and other oddities still have to be built normally.   If I wanted to use KCT, is there a way to exempt certain craft like that? 

The RO branch has been very busy, and I've just finished merging all their changes.  I'm calling this a beta, with the possibility of being turned into a full release if no issues are found.

As a beta, you will need to install it manually, it is NOT available via CKAN:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KCT/releases/tag/1.4.6.11

• Removed the ability to move a ship from VAB to SPH and back
  • Removed all KSP1_4 #if/#endif statements
  • Following are from the RO branch
    • Fixed assembly loading for other mods that reference KCT
    • Can no longer launch vessels with locked parts
    • Reworked the code that checks for locked parts. Previous version was causing issues with a couple of other mods.
    • Can no longer do 5 more rush builds after editing a vessel
    • Added training warning and disabled Auto-hire button for RP-1
    • Update message text
    • Separated Build+Rollout into Build+Integration+Rollout
    • Fix a nasty infinite loop and add correct estimate to build list
    • Added rollout time to GUI; 
    • Fix vessel editing progress calculations
    • Fix build progress for recovered vessels
    • Refactor BP calculations and apply global multipliers to Effective cost
    • Added effectiveCost field to KCT_BuildListVessel
    • Improve .gitignore
    • Add Effective Cost [E] variable to integration and rollout cost formulas
    • Clean up the editor UI
    • Added formula for calculating rush cost
    • Fix funds being changed by integration cost on launch and recovery
    • Merge LGG->SepIntegration
    • Add missing files to RO csproj
    • Disable transferring vessels between VAB and SPH in RP-1
    • Disable the Switch Editor button while editing an existing vessel. Bad things will happen if the edits are saved in another mode than the initial one

Please try it out and let me know how it goes.

According to "Refactor BP calculations and apply global multipliers to Effective cost":

Those from RP1-Preset

Global_Variables
        {
            ModuleTagHumanRated = 1.25
            ModuleTagNuclear = 1.5
        }

were not working probably before, but no are?

I just tried 1.4.6.11 on a new JNSQ game. I built a sounding rocket and launched it. After return to the space center scene, the rocket has not been removed from the VAB storage. I was able to launch it again.

45 minutes ago, todi said:

I just tried 1.4.6.11 on a new JNSQ game. I built a sounding rocket and launched it. After return to the space center scene, the rocket has not been removed from the VAB storage. I was able to launch it again.

What happened to the rocket? Crash, recover, left on land or in the sea? Etc

Please confirm what version of KSP you were running

Edited by linuxgurugamer

KSP version is 1.7.3

The first rocket crashed, but it always happens. I tried launching and immediately switching back to the space center: same thing.

Another thing I noticed: the KCT button is missing in flight scene. edit: That's the stock toolbar button. I'm not using the Toolbar mod

Edited by todi

Maybe you can help my with me new question.

I am using the RP-1 preset and KCT 1.4.6.10. UpradesForScience has [N]/20. So I should get an upgrade point every 20 science points. But I get points from time to time, besides I only researched about 5 science points.

New beta, 1.4.6.12

• Added back in missing files
  • Deleted unneeded ToolbarWrapper.cs
  • Merged in PR from @siimav by hand

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KCT/releases/tag/1.4.6.12

This fixes the problem with vessels not being removed from the launch queue @todi, possibly @New Horizons's problem as well