[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

5 hours ago, siimav said:

I've seen reports that the .12 update fixed both the build list and toolbar issues.

Can you look into @New Horizons's issue below:

16 hours ago, New Horizons said:

Maybe you can help my with me new question.

I am using the RP-1 preset and KCT 1.4.6.10. UpradesForScience has [N]/20. So I should get an upgrade point every 20 science points. But I get points from time to time, besides I only researched about 5 science points.

22 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Can you look into @New Horizons's issue below

Sure.

@New Horizons First of all, you get an upgrade point for every 20 science points you receive which means that it doesn't matter if you actually spent or researched something with those points. The point allocation window should tell you how many science points you have earned. If you still think that something isn't working correctly, then please try to keep track of when exactly those extra KCT upgrade points are given to you.

New release, 1.4.6.12, out of beta.  This is for KSP 1.7.3

• Deleted unneeded ToolbarWrapper.cs
  • Removed the ability to move a ship from VAB to SPH and back
  • Removed all KSP1_4 #if/#endif statements
  • Following are from the RO branch
    • Fixed assembly loading for other mods that reference KCT
    • Can no longer launch vessels with locked parts
    • Those files shouldn't be in the repo
    • Reworked the code that checks for locked parts. Previous version was causing issues with a couple of other mods.
    • Can no longer do 5 more rush builds after editing a vessel
    • Added training warning and disabled Auto-hire button for RP-1
    • Update message text
    • Separated Build+Rollout into Build+Integration+Rollout
    • Fix a nasty infinite loop and add correct estimate to build list
    • Added rollout time to GUI; 
    • Fix vessel editing progress calculations
    • Fix build progress for recovered vessels
    • Refactor BP calculations and apply global multipliers to Effective cost
    • Added effectiveCost field to KCT_BuildListVessel
    • Improve .gitignore
    • Add Effective Cost [E] variable to integration and rollout cost formulas
    • Clean up the editor UI
    • Added formula for calculating rush cost
    • Fix funds being changed by integration cost on launch and recovery
    • Merge LGG->SepIntegration
    • Add missing files to RO csproj
    • Disable transferring vessels between VAB and SPH in RP-1
    • Disable the Switch Editor button while editing an existing vessel. Bad things will happen if the edits are saved in another mode than the initial one

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I still get a gift of upgrade points from time to time. I earned one science point (not spend for research) and suddenly there was one more free upgrade point.

Another possible issue: Calculation of science per year does not use Kronometer time. I have a post-scaled system of JNSQ with 18 hour day and 361 days per year. Building times are correct so far - 1 d equals 18 h, but 90 days for researching 1 point does not go in line with 1.33 sci/yr. One day researching equals 18 h, this one being correct, too.

(Checked evolution of home body carefully at Tracking Station and thus used those values in Kronometer config)

Tested on KSP 1.7.3 and KCT 1.4.6.12 beta

I can confirm now, there is one upgrade point per one science point - next I want to exclude an bad interaction with Kerbalism and RP-1 config.

Edited by New Horizons

New release, 1.4.7.   This is for KSP 1.8.x

• Disabled KCT_UpdateChecker using #if false
  • Rebuild for 1.8

There is now a new entry in CKAN for the KCT for 1.7.3. 

Important Notice

KCT has been upgraded for KSP 1.8.

In order to support the RO people, there is now a new entry in CKAN for KCT-1.7.3.

For CKAN users: If you are using KSP 1.7.3 and wish to get updates for 1.7.3, you will need to uninstall KCT and then install the 1.7.3 version of KCT.

Updates will be applied to both versions at the same time, until RO upgrades to 1.8

Edited by linuxgurugamer

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Removed the ability to move a ship from VAB to SPH and back

hello
i think its is a good option to have.
i use it wen making rovers.
plan a rover in SPH then move over to VAB to plan the lifting rocket

Edited by danielboro

5 hours ago, danielboro said:

hello
i think its is a good option to have.
i use it wen making rovers.
plan a rover in SPH then move over to VAB to plan the lifting rocket

It's a cheat.  If you want to do that, then plan in SPH and switch editors before building it

14 minutes ago, danielboro said:

is it not what you Removed ?
(i did not upgrade yet, just going from the sentence)

I believe @linuxgurugamer is referring to the stock ability to edit craft in either SPH or VAB and then load the craft in the other editor.  Then invoke KCT build.

I'm running into a strange problem with the newest version for 1.7.3: The fill tanks function isn't working for the Bonanza Cabin and Bonanza Tail in RP-1.  It works jut fine for procedural parts though. Any thoughts on how to fix?

5 minutes ago, Omnipius said:

I'm running into a strange problem with the newest version for 1.7.3: The fill tanks function isn't working for the Bonanza Cabin and Bonanza Tail in RP-1.  It works jut fine for procedural parts though. Any thoughts on how to fix?

What mod is that from (link, please)?

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you sure?  I can't find the word "Bonanza" anywhere in this mod

Oh, It's labeled in the SXT files as "Bonny", specifically "625mBonny" as the internal name.  I think RO relabels it as a Beechcraft Bonanza since that's what it is. 

5 minutes ago, Omnipius said:

Oh, It's labeled in the SXT files as "Bonny", specifically "625mBonny" as the internal name.  I think RO relabels it as a Beechcraft Bonanza since that's what it is. 

Ok.

Looking at the part in SXT, the 625mBonny does not contain any fuel

Assuming that the LMiniAircaftTail is what RO renames to Bonanza Tail, it only holds 15 units of fuel.

Please post a link to the ModuleManager.ConfigCache for the game with those parts, and I'll take a look to see what's going on.

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok.

Looking at the part in SXT, the 625mBonny does not contain any fuel

Assuming that the LMiniAircaftTail is what RO renames to Bonanza Tail, it only holds 15 units of fuel.

Please post a link to the ModuleManager.ConfigCache for the game with those parts, and I'll take a look to see what's going on.

Indeed. RO_SXT_Bonanza.cfg changes the parts to have fuel capacity. Maybe it's the late addition that's the issue?

Here's the current ModuleManager.ConfigCache

So I have a problem with KCT in version 1.8 of ksp running version 1.4.7.1 of KCT and version 1.3.2.3 of magicore all of my mods have been intalled via CKAN.

I have ran it with and without other mods and reinstalled KSP all to no avail. I didn't have this problem on a fresh install with no mods, btu once KCT was added the problem reoccurred.

So what the problem is, is that whenever I load up into a save I cannot enter the VAB or SPH and if I enter any other building I can't leave. I can click on the exit button but nothing happens.

Here is the player.log file https://www.dropbox.com/s/02xh2fotqurtbtb/Player.log?dl=0

KCT 1.4.6.12 for KSP 1.7.3 seems to have a bug related to locked parts check. If I have a contract to test an undiscovered part, KCT doesn't let me launch this craft because the vessel allegedly contains unavailable parts.

31 minutes ago, garwel said:

KCT 1.4.6.12 for KSP 1.7.3 seems to have a bug related to locked parts check. If I have a contract to test an undiscovered part, KCT doesn't let me launch this craft because the vessel allegedly contains unavailable parts.

Could you post a link to the save file, please?

1 hour ago, garwel said:

I think I'll need the meta file as well (sorry)

5 hours ago, conkick said:

So I have a problem with KCT in version 1.8 of ksp running version 1.4.7.1 of KCT and version 1.3.2.3 of magicore all of my mods have been intalled via CKAN.

I have ran it with and without other mods and reinstalled KSP all to no avail. I didn't have this problem on a fresh install with no mods, btu once KCT was added the problem reoccurred.

So what the problem is, is that whenever I load up into a save I cannot enter the VAB or SPH and if I enter any other building I can't leave. I can click on the exit button but nothing happens.

Here is the player.log file https://www.dropbox.com/s/02xh2fotqurtbtb/Player.log?dl=0

Anyone else see this issue?

I'm seeing the same issue as conkick. I first got it on an existing save, so I started a fresh one and still have it. I'd guess that it's calling some code when it tries to exist a screen and the code fails and causes the game to stay in the screen. But I haven't looked at any logs, that's just what it smells like. 

Removing KCT got things back to normal.

This is on linux, if it matters.

[Update] I looked at conkick's logs and noticed that it was complaining about not finding stuff from ToolbarController. That's not listed in CKAN as a requirement. I didn't have it installed when I tried KCT before, but I installed it since then. It wasn't showing as compatible for 1.8 until after KCT had been released for 1.8. I just tried reinstalling KCT and it seems to work now. So the problem seem to be that KCT has a dependency on ToolbarController that CKAN doesn't know about.

I also saw one oddity that I'm not sure is related to KCT. I tested using a save that was created new when I first tried out KCT, and had no tech researched. I also have a save that has a couple dozen techs researched. But when I tried it just now, the "new" save had all of the tech researched that the more advanced save does. I don't see why this would be related to KCT, but I thought I'd mention it. I'll do a little more testing, such as starting a new save to see if it also has techs researched. If it does' I'll try uninstallling KCT and see if another new game still has pre-researched techs. 

[Update2] Starting a fresh game gives me an unresearched tech tree. So I guess my pre-researched tree was a side-effect of trying to run KCT without ToolbarController. 

Edited by khearn

21 hours ago, Omnipius said:

Just tested it on my own 1.6.1 RP-1 install with the 1.4.6.12 KCT. After launching it with the fill tanks option both the Bonanza cabin and tail were filled with AvGas. The cabin was also filled to the brim with life support resources like food and water.

2 hours ago, khearn said:

[Update] I looked at conkick's logs and noticed that it was complaining about not finding stuff from ToolbarController. That's not listed in CKAN as a requirement. I didn't have it installed when I tried KCT before, but I installed it since then. It wasn't showing as compatible for 1.8 until after KCT had been released for 1.8. I just tried reinstalling KCT and it seems to work now. So the problem seem to be that KCT has a dependency on ToolbarController that CKAN doesn't know about.

Nice catch, I'll get it updated