[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

On 1/17/2020 at 12:10 PM, Master39 said:

For some reason I cannot delete the above bit. Sorry LGG, don't mean to ping you. 

@vardicd Since I don't have the expansion, I don't select a pad from the editor as you do. With KK, there is a button in the regular toolbar which opens a set of windows that allow you to open and close facilities, as well as choose the launch site. This does not work, however, with KCT. The asterisk menu is how I'm doing it. May seem strange that it's rolling out to a pad on the other side of the world, but I just imagine that it was actually built at that location instead of the KSC

Just now, kananesgi said:

For some reason I cannot delete the above bit. Sorry LGG, don't mean to ping you. 

@vardicd Since I don't have the expansion, I don't select a pad from the editor as you do. With KK, there is a button in the regular toolbar which opens a set of windows that allow you to open and close facilities, as well as choose the launch site. This does not work, however, with KCT. The asterisk menu is how I'm doing it. May seem strange that it's rolling out to a pad on the other side of the world, but I just imagine that it was actually built at that location instead of the KSC

Yeah as I mentioned, I don't use KK and I wasn't sure how it worked, but I suspected it would have it's own method. It's a minor issue, and I can live with it. I was just wondering if it was just me or not, as I've had a lot of mod interaction bugs I've been working through with my install, and I was hoping someone could verify if it was working fine for them [meaning it's a bug on my end] or not working for them.

I've released KST from beta, it's now uptodate:

New release, 1.4.6.21 for KSP 1.7.3  &  1.4.7.10 for KSP 1.8.x

Fixed issue of blizzy toolbar button sometimes not being there when the UI scale was not 100%
Fixed issue of toolbar buttons (both blizzy & stock) not changing when clicked
Removed old code which provided the textures for the Blizzy toolbar
Minor refactoring of code in KerbalConstructionTime.cs in Start() to replace multiple If's with a switch
Fixed small memory leak by replacing all the "new Wait4Second" with constants
Fixed big memory lean (1-3 meg/sec) caused by needless changing of textures in the toolbar buttons
Removed unused function:  GetStockButtonTexture, not needed since the ToolbarController handles all of that 
Fixed the unable to resize Blizzy's toolbar when KCT icon is transferred to it
Added AirLaunch configs

9 hours ago, vardicd said:

Yeah as I mentioned, I don't use KK and I wasn't sure how it worked, but I suspected it would have it's own method. It's a minor issue, and I can live with it. I was just wondering if it was just me or not, as I've had a lot of mod interaction bugs I've been working through with my install, and I was hoping someone could verify if it was working fine for them [meaning it's a bug on my end] or not working for them.

I have the expansion but I don't use that button, I just use (now that's there) the asterisk menu.

Maybe this evening I'll have time to test the last update and see if I have the same problem.

KCT 1.7.3 not working with version 1.7.3. I'm hoping you could point out any incompatibilities or common solutions to this problem.

Details:

Spoiler

I cannot open the KCT menu. The button for KCT toggles, but nothing happens. I cannot use the KCT menu at any point in time for any reason.

In addition, Toolbar Controller does not give me the normal beginning of game popup asking me for toolbar controlling.

When I build a craft and launch it, KCT gives me the "Added craft to build queue" popup, but no Kerbal Alarm Clock time popup appears. The craft never builds, because the KCT menu cannot be opened and ergo the craft is unable to be rolled out.

This is obviously not ideal performance. I don't know what's causing it, but I can't spend too much time testing-- I have my first day at a new job tomorrow which I really shouldn't be up this late before.

GameData:

Spoiler

Mod folders:

_LOCAL (Extra folder for Tweakscale for 1.7.3)

000_ClickThroughBlocker

001_ToolbarControl

BetterTimeWarp

KAS

KerbalConstructionTime

KIS

Kopernicus

KSPRC

KSRSS

MagiCore

Modular Flight Integrator

RSS-Textures

Squad

SquadExpansion (contains both expansions)

TriggerTech (contains Kerbal Alarm Clock for 1.7.3)

TweakScale

Nonfolder files:

999_Scale_Redist.dll

ModuleManager.3.1.1.dll

ModuleManager.4.0.2.dll

ModuleManager.4.0.3.dl

ModuleManager.ConfigCache

ModuleManager.ConfigSHA

ModuleManager.Physics

ModuleManager.README.md

ModuleManager.TechTree

ModuleManagerLicence.md

8 minutes ago, LittleBitMore said:

ModuleManager.3.1.1.dll

ModuleManager.4.0.2.dll

ModuleManager.4.0.3.dl

The current ModuleManager version is 4.1.3, and I believe the current versions of KCT and several other mods need the up to date version to work. Also you shouldn't really have 3 different versions of ModuleManager in your install. Some times you'll get older versions in mods you download, because those mods haven't been updated for a while. Grab the most up to date version from the source linked below, get rid of the other 3 versions in your install and see if that fixes it?

10 hours ago, LittleBitMore said:

KCT 1.7.3 not working with version 1.7.3. I'm hoping you could point out any incompatibilities or common solutions to this problem.

Details:

Reveal hidden contents

I cannot open the KCT menu. The button for KCT toggles, but nothing happens. I cannot use the KCT menu at any point in time for any reason.

In addition, Toolbar Controller does not give me the normal beginning of game popup asking me for toolbar controlling.

When I build a craft and launch it, KCT gives me the "Added craft to build queue" popup, but no Kerbal Alarm Clock time popup appears. The craft never builds, because the KCT menu cannot be opened and ergo the craft is unable to be rolled out.

This is obviously not ideal performance. I don't know what's causing it, but I can't spend too much time testing-- I have my first day at a new job tomorrow which I really shouldn't be up this late before.

GameData:

Reveal hidden contents

Mod folders:

_LOCAL (Extra folder for Tweakscale for 1.7.3)

000_ClickThroughBlocker

001_ToolbarControl

BetterTimeWarp

KAS

KerbalConstructionTime

KIS

Kopernicus

KSPRC

KSRSS

MagiCore

Modular Flight Integrator

RSS-Textures

Squad

SquadExpansion (contains both expansions)

TriggerTech (contains Kerbal Alarm Clock for 1.7.3)

TweakScale

Nonfolder files:

999_Scale_Redist.dll

ModuleManager.3.1.1.dll

ModuleManager.4.0.2.dll

ModuleManager.4.0.3.dl

ModuleManager.ConfigCache

ModuleManager.ConfigSHA

ModuleManager.Physics

ModuleManager.README.md

ModuleManager.TechTree

ModuleManagerLicence.md

40 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

He can't get the latest ModuleManager because it's built for 1.8

@LittleBitMore[ - Usually when that happens it's a MagiCore issue. Make sure you have the latest Magicore for 1.7.3

Ah whoops, that's what i get for trying to help close to bed time, i missed that he was playing on an older version of KSP. my bad.

Tested with the normal release of the toolbar and the lastest release and everything seems fine, I can recover the crafts and the KK menu works as intended.

On 1/20/2020 at 2:59 AM, vardicd said:

but i was wondering if either of you or anyone else was also seeing this behavior.

Can confirm I have have the same bug, but is not a problem for me, the asterisk menu i more than enough.

50 minutes ago, Master39 said:

Tested with the normal release of the toolbar and the lastest release and everything seems fine, I can recover the crafts and the KK menu works as intended.

Can confirm I have have the same bug, but is not a problem for me, the asterisk menu i more than enough.

yeah teh asterisk menu is how i've been doing it as well, and that's fine. I just wanted to know if it was a local problem or not. thanks for checking.

7 hours ago, Galland1998 said:

I'm using KCT in a 1.7.3 RP-1 playthrough and you have the option to recover aircraft to the SPH for quicker turn around.  When you do that are the parachutes used on that flight reset or do you need to edit the craft and replace the "used" items prior to the next flight?

Parachutes are reset.

So I have a strange issue that I think is KCT related but I am not sure.  I am running KSP 1.7.3 with RSS/RO RP-1 play through and am making use of the new airlaunch feature for my rocket planes.  I launched a rocket plane via air launch and that all worked great  (thanks for adding that option by the way).  I use a parachute during the landing phase and then then recover the aircraft to the SPH.  The plane then shows up in the KCT build list as its being "reconditioned" and once that is complete options to launch or air launch pop back up again as you would expect.  I click the button to do another air launch and this time it tells me that the aircraft that I just got done air launching is too big to air launch.  

I then edit the aircraft via the KCT menu but when I am in the SPH editor the aircraft is effectively spawned outside the editor.  I turn on the HangerExtender mod and find that the aircraft was spawned in the editor very high and the right in the scene.  I then drag the aircraft back down to a normal position in the editor save the "edits" and go back and look at the main KCT GUI.  There it is saying that it needs effectively 25-30% of the build time for a new airplane to effect the changes.  When the changes are done I can Air Launch again without a problem. 

Its still faster than building a new airplane, and we get the air launch option but is this working as intended or am I doing something wrong?

4 hours ago, Galland1998 said:

So I have a strange issue that I think is KCT related but I am not sure.  I am running KSP 1.7.3 with RSS/RO RP-1 play through and am making use of the new airlaunch feature for my rocket planes.  I launched a rocket plane via air launch and that all worked great  (thanks for adding that option by the way).  I use a parachute during the landing phase and then then recover the aircraft to the SPH.  The plane then shows up in the KCT build list as its being "reconditioned" and once that is complete options to launch or air launch pop back up again as you would expect.  I click the button to do another air launch and this time it tells me that the aircraft that I just got done air launching is too big to air launch.  

I then edit the aircraft via the KCT menu but when I am in the SPH editor the aircraft is effectively spawned outside the editor.  I turn on the HangerExtender mod and find that the aircraft was spawned in the editor very high and the right in the scene.  I then drag the aircraft back down to a normal position in the editor save the "edits" and go back and look at the main KCT GUI.  There it is saying that it needs effectively 25-30% of the build time for a new airplane to effect the changes.  When the changes are done I can Air Launch again without a problem. 

Its still faster than building a new airplane, and we get the air launch option but is this working as intended or am I doing something wrong?

@siimav , this sounds like it's related to your work

9 hours ago, Galland1998 said:

am making use of the new airlaunch feature for my rocket planes.  I launched a rocket plane via air launch and that all worked great  (thanks for adding that option by the way). 

Wait, air launch? How does that work? Is that RO only, or can that be used in stock as well? I haven't seen any options for this, that i realize, anyway.

I fixed it!

It was me not organizing my versions so I was probably picking a 1.7.0 version (for my To Boldly Go saves) or a 1.8.1 version (for my up-to-date saves).

It wasn't KCT at all, it was a wake up call to organize my versions (which I have been doing now).

29 minutes ago, vardicd said:

Wait, air launch? How does that work? Is that RO only, or can that be used in stock as well? I haven't seen any options for this, that i realize, anyway.

It's specifically meant for RP-1 but can also be made to work in stock if someone writes tech progression configs for it.

Here's a short demo on how it's supposed to work.

5 hours ago, siimav said:

It's specifically meant for RP-1 but can also be made to work in stock if someone writes tech progression configs for it.

Here's a short demo on how it's supposed to work.

I have configs for it, but they need to be updated because the tech nodes they reference don't exist in stock.  I hope to get to that soon in the next day or so

Edited by linuxgurugamer