I need help

3 hours ago, ArsenicWinner81 said:

Does this game have toxic players?

Not really, nor would it matter since it's single player.

3 hours ago, ArsenicWinner81 said:

Is there a building menu?

There is a building editor if that's what you are asking? Where you got o build the ships you will be using to complete your contracts.

49 minutes ago, Mikenike said:

Can somebody help me with how to dock two craft?

Build a set of docking trainers.  These would be two identical probes, each one composed of a docking port, probe, antenna, small battery, small monopropellant tank, three or four four-way RCS thrusters at the centre of mass, three or four OX-STAT solar panels, maybe a reaction wheel, Oscar-B or R-12 fuel tank, and an Ant engine.  You can modify that as you please for compactness and cost; you may wish, for example, to have one be the permanent dockee and give it no monopropellant or thrusters.  You may decide to use radial batteries instead of inline ones.  If you use the right probe core, you may not need a reaction wheel.

The point is to get a set of light, cheap, easy-to-fly probes that do nothing but help you practise docking.  You may launch them together or separately, but I recommend together because then you can focus on docking without also having to deal with rendezvous (which is a complicated subject in itself and worth studying, but let's take small bites at first, right?)  Use a separator between them and fly the stack to low orbit using the launcher of your choice.  Separate the dockers from the launcher, separate the dockers from one another, and set to.

Here is a video about how to accomplish docking.  It also deals with the late stages of rendezvous (many such videos do).  If you prefer another tutorial, then there are many to choose from:  how to dock is likely the most-asked question for beginning players, and there are literally hundreds of tutorials on the subject.

Thanks Zheetan when I find time to watch it while playing Ksp I will do that, got any ideas for a smaller rocket to launch them in, in case that doesn’t work can you send me a rendezvous tutorial so I can do that. I have an already set up craft that can dock together but it is manned will that work, it is one big capsule at a time sadly.

22 hours ago, Mikenike said:

[G]ot any ideas for a smaller rocket to launch them in

If you build those probes as I suggested, even with maximum parts, the total mass is well under one tonne.  Two of them are just over one and one-half tonnes.  If you can get anything at all to orbit, then you can get these to orbit.  Honestly, the bigger issue will be the part count; if you're playing career, then you should consider starting a sandbox save just to have access to the parts and the upgraded launchpad.

22 hours ago, Mikenike said:

I have an already set up craft that can dock together but it is manned will that work, it is one big capsule at a time sadly.

Manned is fine.  The main reason for the docking trainers is that they are fairly light and cheap, and lively enough at the controls that you can try a few different docking scenarios with them and still find the process both interesting and informative.  Once you get the basics of docking, it isn't much more difficult to manage docking with a giant, lumbering ship that is oddly-shaped or has docking ports in weird places, and so forth.  The issues with those kinds of craft are more about piloting than the actual docking, so if you can learn about docking separately, then you can focus on the piloting.

Yes Arsenic they can die because of an explosion or hitting something I.e. Kerbin’s surface going too fast, every part has a “speed limit” when hitting something. In sandbox mode you can recruit as many Kerbals as you want as you have unlimited resources and every thing is maxed out.

Hey Zheetan my Ksp forums page won’t let me log out or look at my msgs or notifications, what’s going on, is the sever attacking itself?

Edited by Mikenike

On 3/22/2019 at 9:11 AM, Mikenike said:

Yes Arsenic they can die because of an explosion or hitting something I.e. Kerbin’s surface going too fast, every part has a “speed limit” when hitting something. In sandbox mode you can recruit as many Kerbals as you want as you have unlimited resources and every thing is maxed out.

Hey Zheetan my Ksp forums page won’t let me log out or look at my msgs or notifications, what’s going on, is the sever attacking itself?

Yes Arsenic they can.

No Aresenic you can’t do it intentionally but you can blow one up by colliding with an object or you can go so fast or stresses the airframe so much it breaks, and you can “melt”  parts by putting a small rocket for example and attaching a capsule to the bottom if you were to fire it off the booster would heat the capsule until it exploded because of the high heat.

Ok you can intentionally run a rocket into the ground but otherwise you can’t.

Edited by Mikenike

On 3/22/2019 at 10:02 AM, Mikenike said:

Hey Zheetan what is a good de orbit engine for a larger capsule that can carry a crew of 7?

Any engine that you can point retrograde.  It has nothing to do with the engine power once you're in space; the only issue is ensuring that you:

1. Have enough fuel.
  2. Have enough rotational control to keep the engine pointed retrograde.

That being said, I'd advise against a solid rocket booster; you need to be able to shut the engine off.

In the past, I've used engines going from the Rhino on an asteroid tug that I was retiring for a new model, to the Spider for things such as escape pods where it was a pod, a heat shield, two or three radial engines outside that shield, and a fuel tank somewhere.  Of course, on that one, I forgot a parachute ... but it de-orbited without any issues.

On 3/22/2019 at 10:11 AM, Mikenike said:

I wouldn't know.  I'm not a server administrator or on staff here in any capacity; I just like helping with questions.

Hey guys, I haven’t posted here in a while but I forgot how to start new thread as I want to make a thread were people can list possible improvements to help Squad out here, as I am sure that they started this forum page so they must want to hear our opinions.

10 minutes ago, Mikenike said:

Hey guys, I haven’t posted here in a while but I forgot how to start new thread as I want to make a thread were people can list possible improvements to help Squad out here, as I am sure that they started this forum page so they must want to hear our opinions.

How about Suggestions and Development?

• 1 month later...

Hey, I have a new question for you guys. Would an Saturn 5 type setup with 4 Mastadons and one smaller engine work for lifting two hitchhikers and a full size lab plus batteries and solar panels. Do you guys think its over kill?

On 5/24/2019 at 8:35 AM, Mikenike said:

Hey, I have a new question for you guys. Would an Saturn 5 type setup with 4 Mastadons and one smaller engine work for lifting two hitchhikers and a full size lab plus batteries and solar panels. Do you guys think its over kill?

Depends on where you plan to put it.  If you're going to LKO, then yeah, way overkill.

I just built as station as you described, and got it into a 300km x 257km orbit with:

1st stage: Twinboar (engine/fuel) and Rockomax Jumbo 64 (fuel)

2nd Stage: RE-I5 Skipper (engine),  RC-L01 (probe core), Rockomax X200-32 (fuel tank), AE-FF2 (fairing), TD-25 (decoupler)

Station: 2 Hitchhikers, Lab, Cupola, Clamp-O-Tron, 4 DTS-M1 antennas, 6 Z-400 Batteries, and 2 Gigantor Solar Arrays.

This left me even 849 m/s to play with a different orbit / de-orbiting the second stage.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.