NESD's warehouse (9 oct 22 - New mod "SpikeX")

NESD

Now it's my new place for all mini mods, betas, previews e.t.c., to collect it all in one place, so let's begin

Internal RCS (KSP 1.4+)

Updated to V1.2

TOY7mn8.jpg

This mod add RCS thrusters that can be placed inside base part

1 - Monopropellant and Lf+Ox RCS thrusters and Engines with adjustable nozzle cut ( 90,75,60,45,30 and15 degrees ) .

Available with single nozzle and in clusters (up to 5 in row)

2 - Small internal SRB, for stage deorbiting (also small decoupler to use it as JATO booster )

3 New - A tiny G-Mini RCS based on Gemini`s Reentry Control System

4 New - "OmniThrust" modules that provide movement and rotation in all directions, available as single block

or in assemblies for all stock KSP sizes ( except Mk-2 )

zHPg33r.png

supported TweakScale and Restock`s part holes

Restock and Waterfall effects now supported

(Waterfall patch made by  @snkiz )

Unnecessary RCS and Engines can be hidden with MM patches, you can find it inside (KSP folder)/GameData/InternalRCS/Patches/HideIt.zip

Download here:

- - SPACEDOCK - -

Surface Attachable Control  ( KSP 1.4 +  )

qkciHIm.jpg

Another my small mod, that help you launch asymmetrical vessels like USA Shuttle with thrust vector not aligned to main control axis.

Now you can freely change control direction to any angle (not only front-top-back, like in new KSP1.7 cockpit settings) and fly exact to prograde at any strange vessels

Just place small, surface attachable control node everywhere on your vessel, rotate it to any position and then select it as control point

Control part have 6 variants for 6 sides, and can be placed almost on every side of vessel,

also it simple and very cheap so you can place it as many as you want, for every stage of flight and switch it via hotkeys or external mods

Even if you don't make strange and weird rockets, this part is a simple and cheap remote control module

so you easily can add control to any vessel that don't need SAS abilities like rovers or aircrafts,

or add self de-orbiting abilities to dropped rocket stages

9EI5ylR.jpg

This mod also have SAS module, Reaction wheel, Battery and Science recorder in similar style

so you can make full featured satellite from almost every part

( Note!  for better aligning of control part, place it on UPPER surface of vessel, then chose variant and move it to desired position )

Download here:

- - SPACEDOCK - -

KeR-7

KC30BGb.png

This mod add some parts to expand Making History DLC:

Two upper stage engines, central tank and control wing.

Both engines have grid support with fire shield as fairing, similar to original one,

fuel tank can hide decoupler on upper side for better view

tIysJaM.png

Color schemes compatible with reStock mod, and slightly different than stock one

nesxF3N.png

Update 1.1

New parts for Vostok spaceship + RK111 engine with its own launchpad

IK6snxj.png

Download here

- - SPACEDOCK - -

Stock TKS

Sqix93s.png

This mod add some parts and modify stock Mk1-3 pod  (it`s copy, off course)

bky0m4n.png

So you can make TKS style reentry pods with bottom crew access and without built-in RCS

Connected Living Spaces supported

ReStock supported, any other model/texture replacers NOT !

-- SPACEDOCK --

ASSET Mk-1

fKLdtC3.png

It`s a crewable version of ASSET test vehicle, that built around stock Mk1 pod IVA.

only 2 parts with 3 color schemes and some switchable details

if you don`t like landings on mountain slopes

Update 1.0

Parachute and ablator

download

-- SPACEDOCK --

KDSS docking ports

WXQ94dt.png

1.25m docking ports with physical alignment petals (not decorative)

plus two aero caps, launch escape system with adjustable side force and rear plate

download

-- SPACEDOCK --

SpikeX supersonic project

K6mq0GI.png

6-seats, 1.25m cockpit with modern "Glass and plastic" SpaceX-ihs style interior

Set of wings, some of them have flat area, that can be used to attach wheels, engines and other stuffs

Tiny airbrake that have variants to fit 1.25, 1.875, 2.5 or flat surface

two engines for monopropellant or dual fuel (because Thud and Puff not working well in SSTOs)

Small solar panel and antenna, that looks much better on aircrafts than stock one, and have less air drag

Modular 0.625 nacelle that can be used as dual tailbooms

And two attach rings for stock 1.25m docking ports, that add them additional attach node on top (even for shielded one)

version for simple port have small fairing around it that give them better visual style

lT04SLd.png

Tweak scale, Connected living spaces and Waterfall supported

This mod also support various fuel switchers, B9 by default but you can find other variants

inside Other_Fuel_Switchers archive in Patches folder

Download

-- SPACEDOCK --

Edited by NESD
new mod

I see that the engines give increased thrust as more nozzles are added (e.g. LF1 engine gives 2KN thrust and LF2 gives 4KN thrust) but the RCS thrusters only give a flat thrust (e.g. LF1 RCS and LF2 RCS both give 3 TP).  Can you make it so that the higher nozzle count RCS thrusters give more thrust?  Right now it's just for looks to use a multiple thruster part.

2 hours ago, Hemco said:

I see that the engines give increased thrust as more nozzles are added (e.g. LF1 engine gives 2KN thrust and LF2 gives 4KN thrust) but the RCS thrusters only give a flat thrust (e.g. LF1 RCS and LF2 RCS both give 3 TP).  Can you make it so that the higher nozzle count RCS thrusters give more thrust?  Right now it's just for looks to use a multiple thruster part.

Can you double-check that?  I know at one point in the VAB KSP would report a number for the RCS - but that number was per-thrust-transform.  So a multi-nozzle would report the same number, but if all the nozzles were in the same direction that you'd get that number*number of nozzle.

2 hours ago, DStaal said:

Can you double-check that?  I know at one point in the VAB KSP would report a number for the RCS - but that number was per-thrust-transform.  So a multi-nozzle would report the same number, but if all the nozzles were in the same direction that you'd get that number*number of nozzle.

Ah.  I didn't actually check the thrust (stupid me), I just assumed the item description in VAB was accurate, based on the number of outputs like the engines.  KSP does some weird things.  It actually does increase.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@sibaar  unfortunately Squad's part switcher can't rotate thrust vector so it's only way to pack all angle variants to one part,

also aligning rcs to part surface is not good idea, better check its rotation in Absolute mode and align it to 3 axies and then move to desired position,

otherwise your  vessel be like new Nertea cokpits :).  Don' know about plume, stock one looks very small compared to real

look here  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scGc1NS_IV8      after 3.00  Soyuz RCS working at full thrust due misaligned approach and plumes longer than whole ship

@Scialytic  yes, confirm it, will be fixed

@DriftedCougar  Just create APUS thread

"Swift" WITH nose not exist, if you search them, in command section must be only 2 cockpits and tail

Edited by NESD

10 hours ago, NESD said:

@sibaar  unfortunately Squad's part switcher can't rotate thrust vector so it's only way to pack all angle variants to one part,

also aligning rcs to part surface is not good idea, better check its rotation in Absolute mode and align it to 3 axies and then move to desired position,

otherwise your  vessel be like new Nertea cokpits :).  Don' know about plume, stock one looks very small compared to real

look here  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scGc1NS_IV8      after 3.00  Soyuz RCS working at full thrust due misaligned approach and plumes longer than whole ship

Already align in absolute mode and move it on 3 axis manually. Works best this way.

Regarding the plumes, I meant it would be nice for consistency if you used the same rcs plumes as stock.

Thank you for that video btw! RCS shots irl are magnificent!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I seriously like the Surface Attachable Control parts.  They really work, especially with satellites, when you want to keep them low-profile, like a cubesat.  My only wishlist item/request is for the face plates to actually do something functional.  No matter what, the displays don't change.  Turn off the SAS module, it still says active.  The battery indicator never changes.  Maybe you could figure out a way to integrate with the Indicator Lights mod to add some functionality?  

Nonetheless, this is a definite keeper in the collection!  Thanks!

• 6 months later...

@Vince_K  Update for IRCS almost ready, just need some bugfixes.

Added support for part holes from Restock and Depth mask (auto adjusted via MM, depending on installed, or not,  mods)

also included new parts:  Tiny RCS thruster based on Gemini`s Reentry Control system (not clustered),

and single part omnidirectional movement and rotation system for all stock sizes (except Mk2 and 5 meters)

Wik4z9r.png

And yes, Hello everyone and sorry for long time not being here and not writing anything

3 hours ago, NESD said:

@Vince_K  Update for IRCS almost ready, just need some bugfixes.

Added support for part holes from Restock and Depth mask (auto adjusted via MM, depending on installed, or not,  mods)

also included new parts:  Tiny RCS thruster based on Gemini`s Reentry Control system (not clustered),

and single part omnidirectional movement and rotation system for all stock sizes (except Mk2 and 5 meters)

Wik4z9r.png

And yes, Hello everyone and sorry for long time not being here and not writing anything

ho yeah! they are beautiful now! Thank you! I really like this little mod.:D

• 1 month later...

UPDATED TO 1.2

New OmniThrust and G-Mini modules + minor redesign of other parts

zHPg33r.png

Restock and Depth Mask now supported, mods auto detected,

so if you don`t have it, you can see black cap, if installed you can see internal nozzles (MM required)

M64xKtm.png

OmniThrust modules available as single block or as assemblies for all stock KSP diameters (except Mk-2)

0.625 and 1.25 also have small version. Single module have Left and Right version

so they must be placed in two pairs to compensate each other

(unfortunately I still can`t deal with KSP mirroring, so you can better use Radial simmetry instead of Mirror)

9VRtLXY.png

New tiny G-Mini RCS based on Gemini`s thrusters and can be used on very small satellites

UXNJztk.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the internal RCS thrusters.

Is there any specific reason for their (comparatively) high Isp? Stock monopropellant RCS have 240, versus yours at 270–I don't have a problem with having to write my own MM patch to fix it for my own instance, just wanted to know the rationale behind it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.