NESD's warehouse (9 oct 22 - New mod "SpikeX")

NESD

4 hours ago, NESD said:

@Dominiquini

check it and found a bug in config

you can make quick fix by your own hands, it`s fast and easy

nDqtDJc.jpg

Open AssetRSS.cfg in notepad ( can be found in - Your KSP folder \ GameData \ AssetMk1 \ Parts \ 2 )

then change AUDIO to AUDIO_MULTI_POOL inside EFFECTS section (case sensitive)

and add transformName = RCSthruster line where it marked on picture

I'll try this, but is not worth a new release for this fix?

Thanks.

On 7/26/2021 at 8:55 AM, NESD said:

@Dominiquini

check it and found a bug in config

you can make quick fix by your own hands, it`s fast and easy

nDqtDJc.jpg

Open AssetRSS.cfg in notepad ( can be found in - Your KSP folder \ GameData \ AssetMk1 \ Parts \ 2 )

then change AUDIO to AUDIO_MULTI_POOL inside EFFECTS section (case sensitive)

and add transformName = RCSthruster line where it marked on picture

It's working!

Thanks.

Edited by Dominiquini

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2021 at 8:17 PM, NESD said:

@snkiz That`s nice (again), but my 16Gb RAM can`t eat more mods to check it

Update for IRCS and some other mods almost ready, so this config being included

Also one more mini mod approaching to release

FJAXmMt.png

Simple, standalone IDSS/IDA style docking ports (not compatible with Habtech)

just need some tweaks for cap and LES tower (that have adjustable in VAB side thrust)

When you write "not compatible with Habtech", it does mean, that it won't dock to the APAS ports (which I would expect) or that it is sized completely different? I would guess I would put this on the PMA of Habtech, similar as it is done on the real ISS?!

51 minutes ago, NESD said:

@chris-kerbal   This docking ports is a kerbalized version of IDA/IDSS/APAS docks and compatible with any 1.25 parts

and also include adapter ring for better attach stock Mk1-3 pod to 1.25 parts (behind docking port) you don`t need it with ReStocked cockpit

SMww1k6.png

Will this include parachutes? I've been looking for a replacement for the SDHI docking port that looks good with the ReStocked pod.

20 hours ago, NESD said:

2 droppable aero caps and adjustable launch escape tower

iPPDpQq.png

Any chance of making a deployable/retractable version of the round aero cap for reusable craft? (just the aero cap so it can be used with other docking ports)

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone, in this day 5 years ago I`m registered here and launch my first mod

7irDoGn.jpg

so now time to do something and celebrate this date

let`s start it with updates

KeR-7

D8b4ISp.png

Lot of parts for Vostok

Manned and Unmanned control units, fuel tank with radiator, antennas

and fairing with thin base that can be placed between two cones

IK6snxj.png

Also RK-111 (rd-111) engine from R-9 rocket with its own launch pad

This is not R-7 engine, but it more powerful than rd-107 and being planned to use in "Super R-7" (unfortunately not built)

Also upper stage of R-9 later become a prototype of 3rd stage of Voschod and still alive in modern Soyuz

mppO83p.png3ycnOqW.jpg

so now you can make your "3 - 5 tonnes to LKO" launcher with only few parts

(or protect your kermunist country from evil capitalists)

Restock and Waterfall effects now supported

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some info for those who think about Vostok parts as a

"One shot things that must be forgotten after first historical launch"

Its wrong!   Vostok is a cheap, big, pressurized and returnable platform

that being used as spy/geophoto satellites Zenit/Kosmos until 90s

and as bio laboratory Bion it used even in modern days

2pOZu95.jpg

Internal RCS

Now have small version of standalone OmniThrust modules (left and right)

and support Restock and Waterfall effects

oBbqHGg.png

Waterfall support by @snkiz

Asset Mk1

Di7MV9r.png

Now have parachute with switchable colors of cover and ablator in main part

Parachute have cable attach node moved closer to one side, so you can use it in tight places

Waterfall and Restock also here, in rear module

And NEW MOD

KDSS docking ports

WXQ94dt.png

As I`m show it before, it have kerbalized IDA - IDSS - APAS  Active and Passive docking ports

with working alignment ( so no dock rotation feature),

two caps, with and without small "kick-out" engines and Launch Escape Tower with separate base

so you can attach it to everything. This tower also more powerful and have adjustable side thrust

so you  can use it on heavy pods. And opposite plate for active dock to place it on top of rocket

tvtuMgB.pngQWi6olF.png

Passive dock also have detailed target, so you can use it with KURS and other camera mods for realistic docking

Both, active and passive docks can be used as primary but for simulation the lack of Soft Collision System on passive side

it can`t align and pull ships together, so you need to do it manually and VERY slowly ( but it`s possible)

@nothingSpecial   Its a opposite part for KDSS-A port, if you wish to place it on top of rocket

BYI3ud4.png

because petals on docking port can collide with "flat" decoupler and stuck or unpredictable kick parts away

and I`m just find small bug in this part, it don`t have fuel crossfeed blocker like all other decouplers

• 2 weeks later...

Kerbal%20Space%20Program%20Screenshot%20

I have a request.  can you add the ability to use this red stripe, and other colors, to the tail section, cockpit, streamline engines, etc.  So when building an airplane like this the red stripe can extend the full length.   and for that matter can you make more options for this idea?

Also, this cockpit does not have an option for "Crew report", or if it does I cant find it.

19 minutes ago, Bit Fiddler said:

Kerbal%20Space%20Program%20Screenshot%20

I have a request.  can you add the ability to use this red stripe, and other colors, to the tail section, cockpit, streamline engines, etc.  So when building an airplane like this the red stripe can extend the full length.   and for that matter can you make more options for this idea?

Also, this cockpit does not have an option for "Crew report", or if it does I cant find it.

might could do that conformal decals?

• 2 weeks later...

Not bombs, science probes

Could you make the stripes on the other parts just as decorative?   not a big deal I guess, just wanted that stripe to run the full length.

Oh, and while I am here...  If you install JSI Transparent Pods along side this mod, it seems to have an issue.  Basically the Pilot is rendered on a layer above the craft structure, and thus is visible through the parts.  I did not spend much time looking into this, I just removed JSI, but this might be something that could be fixed.

@eberkain wow thanks for the conformal decal tip.  While not perfect, it is close.  If I can figure out the custom decals, I may be able to replicate this stripe perfectly.

Spoiler

Kerbal%20Space%20Program%20Screenshot%20Kerbal%20Space%20Program%20Screenshot%20

Edited by Bit Fiddler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.