NESD's warehouse (9 oct 22 - New mod "SpikeX")

NESD

2 hours ago, Fabled_Mike said:

The asset mk-1 says it has a parachute but I can't find it. can someone help me?

It's called "ASSET Parachute", and it's in "utility" category. The mod is 3 parts, so if you use Filter Extensions and search by mod it's impossible to miss unless, for some reason, it isn't loaded.

Yes oh my god yes finally inline, small and with both kerbals facing forward!

You are my hero. You don't know how much i wanted this.

My guess is four.

I wouldn't be surprised with six, honestly, but it would be very cramped, and no place for anything except passengers, so four.

Edited by nothingSpecial

@nothingSpecial  Unfortunately not a inline.

It`s still a front cockpit with changeable fuel noses (like in Apus project), for better fuel balance and heat protection

7ZWzU6z.png

Also it`s not a only cockpit project, this is a small pack of parts for hypersonic aircrafts, small "space taxi" SSTOs and spaceships.

Everything, except stock and Internal RCS parts on both pictures, is a this mod. Still need some work but almost ready for release.

BTW, not so cramped, nice "glass and plastic" SpaceX-ish style, fairly comfortable cockpit for short range flights (compared to real Soyuz reentry pod :D)

Also Inline cockpits and passenger modules still possible

• 3 weeks later...

Great mods, thanks for making these!

The plume from the separatron only shows from behind parts of the craft. It appears to not be waterfall (being a solid rocket engine) but also not real plume either? Is there any way to correct this?

I absolutely love using these to separate stages, their nice and clean/flush.

@1FingerSalute  Looks like it caused by Restock`s Depth mask module, that supported in my mod

Zo1cDW0.png

Upper left SE-PR engine patched for restock support, right one not.

This bud found only in Solid fuel booster, all other engines and RCS have same patch

and work fine (with their own bugs :D )

---------------------------------------------

if you wish, you can go to KSP folder -> GameData -> InternalRCS -> Patches

find IntRCS_DepthMaskRestock.cfg or IntRCS_DepthMask.cfg depending on mod that you use

open it in simple notepad (with backup first)

find string  @PART[nesdIntRcsSep]:NEEDS[ReStock]

and change it to something like @PART[nesdIntRcsSeppppppp]:NEEDS[ReStock]

this will remove Restock support and glitch on this part

Edited by NESD

• 2 months later...
On 7/15/2022 at 2:54 PM, NESD said:

@nothingSpecial  Unfortunately not a inline.

It`s still a front cockpit with changeable fuel noses (like in Apus project), for better fuel balance and heat protection

7ZWzU6z.png

Also it`s not a only cockpit project, this is a small pack of parts for hypersonic aircrafts, small "space taxi" SSTOs and spaceships.

Everything, except stock and Internal RCS parts on both pictures, is a this mod. Still need some work but almost ready for release.

BTW, not so cramped, nice "glass and plastic" SpaceX-ish style, fairly comfortable cockpit for short range flights (compared to real Soyuz reentry pod :D)

Also Inline cockpits and passenger modules still possible

In which mod is this cockpit?

On 10/9/2022 at 2:09 PM, Alpha512 said:

In which mod is this cockpit?

This one :D

SpikeX supersonic project

K6mq0GI.png

JaNoW3X.png

vQBAnUl.jpg

Yep, it have six-seater cockpit with fancy SpaceX-ish style,

3 sizes of wings, one of them have 3 variants (all-moving, fixed and extended),

two engines, modular nacelle, antenna and solar panel.

Also this mod include two attach rings, that allow you place

rear docking ports on top of rocket ( even shielded port)

SEuIFQS.png

this mod support Waterfall, Tweak scale, CLS and some fuel switchers

B9 by default, but in Patches folder you can find other variants

On 7/15/2022 at 2:54 PM, NESD said:

Still need some work but almost ready for release.

"almost ready" took 3 months, but I make some more parts, finish painting my first IVA

and waste time trying to make in cockpit live fly cams, only by Unity tools ( unfortunately without success)

Internal cockpit model have screens in separate models, so if anyone want to make RPM cockpit its will be easy

Edited by NESD

It's positively beautiful. With some tweakscaling tested it in a more inline fashion for smaller biconic-style spacecraft, will test its spaceplane potention in next day. A very capable crew shuttle. Also I like that KDSS perfectly works with inline docking covers.

@nothingSpecial Even without tests I can tell you,  it have too heavy nose and big vertical COM shift during fuel consumption,

but it don`t matter until you play without Mandatory RCS.

And maybe short nose for this cockpit is a good idea

@Forked Camphor  Looks like the offspring of Kliper and Dreamchaser . . . more like grandpa of both, named BOR

KSP has gone too far :D  - While playing any Lego game you never can say "I make something ridiculous",  because tomorrow

you can see something created by other people that can be really weird ( for me it was proven even before KSP, in Besiege )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Well  It more thanks to you and all restock team for your great work

btw. its possible to make a quick mod or Restock+ addition with unmanned Bion and Zenith science pods based on current models ?

Spoiler

Only two parts, same textures, minor mesh adjustments, no deploy animation for easier work

4CLrwkO.jpgjFpWLg1.jpg

Zenith for "Was there - Saw that" spy/geophoto contracts over ground spots,

It output Samples instead of pure data and must be returned home to get science points.

Bion for situation contracts(bioms, landed, splashed, low, high etc) for any planet,

with long term researches (if it possible in stock KSP contract system).

2 hours ago, NESD said:

btw. its possible to make a quick mod or Restock+ addition with unmanned Bion and Zenith science pods based on current models ?

It is. Per the (usual) licensing on the textures and models of a mod, be careful not to actually release models that contain chunks of Restock's models, neither textures that start out as basically edited Restock textures.

Spoiler

Stock contract system and stock experiment modules are not enough. Your experiments would need to have a plugin written for them in order to work properly. There are a few mods that enable the consumption of resources (and indirectly, time...or directly require time) or requirement of the presence of specific other parts on the vessel to generate science but I only know Kerbalism among the mods that may let you bring back the sample resource itself and get science per unit of resource.

3 hours ago, NESD said:

Reveal hidden contents

Only two parts, same textures, minor mesh adjustments, no deploy animation for easier work

4CLrwkO.jpgjFpWLg1.jpg

Zenith for "Was there - Saw that" spy/geophoto contracts over ground spots,

It output Samples instead of pure data and must be returned home to get science points.

Bion for situation contracts(bioms, landed, splashed, low, high etc) for any planet,

with long term researches (if it possible in stock KSP contract system).

Sadly i'm out of modding, and i don't think the team would want to extend the part list of restock+

2 minutes ago, NESD said:

I don't like use someone's property in my projects, especially if I can make my own.

I fully expected that as I feel the same. It may be possible to get someone who can write plugins to create and test one for just your mod. This has happened for some popular mods already.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.