NESD's warehouse (9 oct 22 - New mod "SpikeX")

NESD

@Corax  Relative to stock one, this monopropellant thrusters have higher ISP  because they more related to space operations and have lower ISP on ground,

while LfOx RCS more focused on rocket steering and work better inside atmosphere

anyway, your game - your rules, if this too high for you change it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also if anyone want new mod idea I can give you one,

about mod that control RCS nozzles and disable it like on this scheme

Q9L7Itr.jpg

This mod must control each nozzle separately, not a whole part, and have two settings sliders for both modes.

I don`t know how it can be better, maybe change stock cosine thrust function or something else.

If it hard to do, maybe just make a mod that swap settings of all RCS on active vessel ( fore/aft <---> dorsal/ventral   roll <---> yaw ) automatically

depending on direction of control part, or just by buttons in mod window.

If someone make one of this mods, or both, I`m first to load :D

That would indeed be a cool mod, but for now I’ve found a better way to toggle rcs thruster activations is the mod Part Commander. It can toggle options on all rcs ports in symmetry at once, to at least save you searching for each port individually by eye and changing the settings on each one.

btw, I’m really loving internal rcs! Especially the use of the depth mask :cool:

@Rodger  Thanks for point to this mod, just test it now, looks really useful with some additional info that help me with my mods,

but even with PC I have more than ten RCS pairs in list in not to complex shuttle

Also this mod don`t change KSP problem with using EVERY rcs port, even it they just at few degrees turned to movement direction

8 hours ago, NESD said:

@Rodger  Thanks for point to this mod, just test it now, looks really useful with some additional info that help me with my mods,

but even with PC I have more than ten RCS pairs in list in not to complex shuttle

Also this mod don`t change KSP problem with using EVERY rcs port, even it they just at few degrees turned to movement direction

sounds like something you could politely ask @linuxgurugamer to write a mod for.

On 3/25/2020 at 9:46 AM, NESD said:

@Corax  Relative to stock one, this monopropellant thrusters have higher ISP  because they more related to space operations and have lower ISP on ground,

while LfOx RCS more focused on rocket steering and work better inside atmosphere

anyway, your game - your rules, if this too high for you change it

I don't think I follow your reasoning there–how can they be more related to space operations than other RCS? I would argue that the main use case for any RCS, stock or otherwise, MP or LFO, is space use, not atmospheric use.

Because your parts are more efficient than essentially all other RCS parts that are either stock or balanced against stock, they make those parts insignificant to the point of obsolescence.

Anyway, your mod, your rules ; ) –as I said, I'm fine with adjusting them on my end, but maybe you'd want to reconsider your balancing. Either way, I really appreciate the work you put into it.

NEW MOD ADDED

In last weeks I`m stuck home, like many other people, so I can find some (a lot of) time

to do something with all unreleased parts, that laying on my harddrive for months or even years

so this is first thing

KeR-7

Small pack of Soviet/Russian parts to expand MH DLC

KC30BGb.png

two upper stage engines, central tank and triangle wing

iUynAF2.png

Engines have tube fairing and upper end of main tank

5gNuJOb.png

Part colors compatible with Restock mod (and not look so good in pure KSP),

but unfortunately restock`s version of side booster slightly shorter than original

and don`t fit perfectly to main tank "upper nodes" , maybe later I`m ReReStock it

@HebaruSan  oh yes, seems to forget braces for Part block

This mod not strict depended to MH DLC, just add some parts for 1.875 size that not exist in pure KSP,

but it don`t use any new effects or textures (if i remember), so anyone can use it without MH with every

mod that add more 1.8m parts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Do you think you could make the rcs plumes stock like or have an option to switch to it? I use this mod to add forward and reverse thrust on the 3 crew capsule as it lacks those axis but the different plume animations makes it looks really weird.

• 1 month later...

Today is my 100th post . . . 100th . . . in FOUR YEARS

Yep, I'm unbelievable communicative and easy-to-contact person :D (especially on non native language)

to celebrate this milestone I bring you not one, but two mods

Stock TKS

Sqix93s.png

bky0m4n.png

First one from Soviet side. It`s a set of parts to build a TKS style spaceships, or any other vessels with rear crew access

This mod make a copy of stock pod and add heat shield and some attach parts to it`s top

also add stabilization cone with built-in RCS, de-orbiting engine, nose cone, attach base, fuel tank and small antenna

It work with stock pod and ReStocked one, also support Connected Living Space for bottom node and passable decoupler

ASSET Mk1

fKLdtC3.png

Another from USA. This is a crewable version of ASSET testing vehicle. Basically is a sawn off nose from Dyna Soar project (known as Moroz in Kerbal universe)

It`s a only have 2 parts with some colors, and it`s not a spaceplane, only winged pod with slightly improved aerodynamics

that gives you better control during reentry and some kilometers of correction after entering to lower atmosphere,

but sometimes it`s much better than rolling down from mountain

Main part can be used without stabilization tail, but better place it together

Edited by NESD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.