Which One of these mods are outdated and should i remove them?

alright, so uh yeah i keep getting the unexpected Mono.dll Crash from KSP,

so can someone tell me which mods are outdated and should be removed?

Mod List:

click through blocker
toolbar controller
B9 Part Switch
Doctor Jet's Chop Shop
Community Category Kit, Resource Pack and Community Tech Tree
KerbalX Craft Manager
Decoupler Shroud
Grounded Modular Vehicles
Janitors Closet
Jatwaa Demolitions Liquid Fuel Cell
Junk Systems Inc, Raster Prop Monitor
Kerbal Attachment System (doesnt support 1.6 yet)
Kerbal Engineer Redux
Kerbal Foundries
Kerbal Hacks (from CKAN)
Kerbal Historical Institute
Kerbal Konstucts
Kerbin City Restored
Kerbonov
Kerbal Inventory System
kOS
KSPWheel
Lunamultiplayer
MechJeb2
Mk2 and Mk3 Expansions
Near Future Construction, Electrical, Props, Propulsion, Solar And Spacecraft
Old Parts Redux
Probe Control Room (From CKAN)
Ram Air Turbine Pack
Retractable Lifting Surface
RLA Stockalike Reborn
Semiotic Standard For Kerbal Vessels
Solid Propulsion Industries
Soundtrack Editor
Space Tux Industries Recycled Parts
Station Parts Expansion Redux
Superfluous Nodes
Surface Experiment Package
Stock eXtension Continued
TweakScale
Universal Storage 2
Vessel Mover Continued
Vessel Viewer
M.O.L.E.
Module Manager

thanks!

43 minutes ago, BlocklandRunner said:

alright, so uh yeah i keep getting the unexpected Mono.dll Crash from KSP,

Yep, probably a mod.

43 minutes ago, BlocklandRunner said:

so can someone tell me which mods are outdated and should be removed?

Probably not.  Specific problems result from specific version interactions, and it's not as if people are going to know all the specific details around your specific installation (including the versions of everything).

First thing to do is to check your log file and make sure there aren't any obvious errors showing up there.  It may be that the culprit will announce itself right there.  You should also check that you're not running out of RAM or something.

If neither of those answers the question, then you basically just need to figure out the answer yourself by process of elimination.  Try running with just half of your mods installed, and see whether the problem goes away or not-- that would cut the number of possible culprits in half.  Then, once you know which half contains the problem, try running with just half of those, and so forth.  Cutting the list in half each time, you'll converge on the culprit in just a few iterations-- should only just take a few minutes of your time.

Once you know specifically which mod is causing the issue, then you can go to check whether you have the most recent version of it, and/or post your question in that mod's release thread-- then you might find folks who could answer your question.  ;)

right, so i found some mods that werent compatible with 1.6, so i removed them.

but it didnt help, the game would still crash.

Mod List (copied from KSP-AVC)
ClickThroughBlocker - 0.1.7.1
TexturesUnlimited - 1.3.6.20
ToolbarControl - 0.1.6.20
B9 Part Switch - 2.6
Community Category Kit - 4.1
Community Resource Pack - 1.1
CommunityTechTree - 3.3.6
DecouplerShroud - 0.6.1
DynamicBatteryStorage - 1.4
HullcamVDSContinued - 0.1.11
JanitorsCloset - 0.3.4.6
RasterPropMonitor - 0.30.6
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.5.7
Kerbal Foundries - 2.3.7.17
KerbalKonstructs - 1.4.5.59
Kerbonov - 2.0.1.1
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.18.6971.42939
kOS - 1.1.6.3
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.2.0.7
KSPWheel - 0.14.12.31
NearFutureConstruction - 1.0.6
NearFutureElectrical - 0.10.6
NearFutureLaunchVehicles - 1.1.10
NearFutureProps - 0.5
NearFuturePropulsion - 1.1
NearFutureSolar - 0.8.15
NearFutureSpacecraft - 1.0.3
Old Parts Redux Beta - (version number missing)
ProbeControlRoom - 1.2.2.4
RATPack - 0.4.2.5
RetractableLiftingSurface - 0.1.5.5
RLA_Reborn - 0.15.1.7
Soundtrack Editor - 4.6
StationPartsExpansionRedux - 1.1
Surface Experiment Package - 2.7
SXTContinued - 0.3.26
TweakScale - 2.4.1
WildBlueTools - 1.72.1
Kerbal Actuators - 1.7.1
Mark One Laboratory Extensions - 1.17.2

19 minutes ago, BlocklandRunner said:

right, so i found some mods that werent compatible with 1.6, so i removed them.

...And you base that assumption on what?  Did you follow the suggestion of actually diagnosing where the problem is, in a few simple steps that take only a few minutes of your time?  Or did you look at their published info and saw that it said some number <1.6, and assume that means it doesn't work on 1.6?

If it's the latter... very high chance it's a red herring.  Bear in mind that the vast majority of mods are not at all affected by most KSP updates.  If some modder created a mod during KSP 1.5, say, and their mod release thread says "1.5"... and then KSP updates to 1.6... then the mod probably still works, even if the mod author hasn't had time or inclination to go update their thread to say so.  This is really, really common.

In other words:  Looking at mods' "compatible with KSP version such-and-such" comments is often not useful.  That's why I didn't suggest it in the comment above.  ;)

The only way to know that a mod "isn't compatible" with some KSP version is to try it and see if it works.  (Or, if you're reading a thread and someone specifically asserts that it doesn't work, then that could be accurate, depending on how trustworthy you deem the source.  But the gold standard is always "try it and see".)

but it didnt help, the game would still crash.

Right.  So I guess that means that those mods weren't the problem, and (per the explanation above) removing them wasn't relevant to your problem.  ;)

Mod List

<long list of mods, with version numbers>

Glad to see that you know what version numbers you're running.  ;)  You'll need that info... after you've narrowed down the problem to which mod it is.

However, as described earlier, telling the community about a long list of dozens of mods is generally not going to get you an answer-- it's not as if everyone magically knows what's going on with your computer.  As described in my last post, here's a simple technique that ought to efficiently determine where your problem is, in just a few minutes of your time:

19 hours ago, Snark said:

First thing to do is to check your log file and make sure there aren't any obvious errors showing up there.  It may be that the culprit will announce itself right there.  You should also check that you're not running out of RAM or something.

If neither of those answers the question, then you basically just need to figure out the answer yourself by process of elimination.  Try running with just half of your mods installed, and see whether the problem goes away or not-- that would cut the number of possible culprits in half.  Then, once you know which half contains the problem, try running with just half of those, and so forth.  Cutting the list in half each time, you'll converge on the culprit in just a few iterations-- should only just take a few minutes of your time.

Once you know specifically which mod is causing the issue, then you can go to check whether you have the most recent version of it, and/or post your question in that mod's release thread-- then you might find folks who could answer your question.  ;)

So, what happened when you did that simple thing?  Which mod did it turn out to be?  And what did you see in the log file?

40 minutes ago, BlocklandRunner said:

I Still Don't Know.

i did look through KSP.log and apperantly saw nothing related to Mono.dll access violation

but im probably thinking that its crashing because i dont have enough RAM to run the game.

which means i would have to buy myself a couple more RAM Sticks.

Running out of RAM would definitely cause a problem... if that is indeed what's going on.

How much RAM do you currently have in your system, and how much RAM is KSP using at the time of the crash?

Then you should have plenty of "head room"-- RAM shouldn't be your problem, there.

The simple, quick thing to do is to do the process-of-elimination (described above) to determine which mod is causing the problem, then work from there.  Should only take you a few minutes, then you've got your answer right there.  :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.