[1.12.x] Engine Lighting Relit

linuxgurugamer

5 hours ago, Dick_Kerman said:

Hey, I'm having an issue where on loading I get the error, EngineLightRelit 1.6.3.0 GameDate/EngineLightRelit/Plugins/EnglinglightRelit.dll is not compatible with the current version of KSP. I'm Running 1.10, and the mod link says that the current version of the mod. Am I doing something wrong here?

@Dick_Kerman  In your post on Github, I pasted in the following and told you to read it.  I'll paste it again here:

Before you post, read this:
Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

Essentially, no logs, no support

Thank you for the thorough and now public education on protocol, I moved the question where you asked me to...

"First, this is not an issue, it's a support question, as such, you should post these messages on the forum, where others besides myself can answer.
Second, it's a warning..."

I don't know about logs, I'm just trying to play a game. I'm sorry to have inconvenienced you.

Edited by Dick_Kerman

2 hours ago, Dick_Kerman said:

Thank you for the thorough and now public education on protocol, I moved the question where you asked me to...

"First, this is not an issue, it's a support question, as such, you should post these messages on the forum, where others besides myself can answer.
Second, it's a warning..."

I don't know about logs, I'm just trying to play a game. I'm sorry to have inconvenienced you.

Sorry for rubbing you the wrong way.  If you read the link, you would know how to get the logs which we need in order to diagnose your problem.

A bit of education:  The game writes a lot of information to two log files, one is KSP.log and the other is Player.log.  You mentioned that it stopped loading at that point, which means that (obviously) something is wrong.  Now, I can't begin to guess what happened, but if you were to find the Player.log (you can find it in this folder:   %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program   , select and copy the bolded text, then paste it into the windows search field on the taskbar), you would find something which looks like this:

NKBOtqP.png

Copy the Player.log file to a reliable file-sharing site (or use Dropbox) and paste a link to the file in here.  Once you've done that, then anybody (including myself) would be able to look at the file and probably tell you what is going on and how to fix it.

Nobody will be able to help you until you do this.

It somehow works on 1.10.1 - but

1. the vessel surfaces flicker in a weird way *
  2. after decoupling a stage the engine above the decoupler is still lightened from the already gone decoupler, like a steady phantom light

* Edit: this seems to be the issue of another mod(s) or even stock - I can't tell as I just came back from hiatus a few days ago

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 1 month later...

Hi -  i have a fresh install of KSP and tried using this mod. It keeps freezing on initial app load saying a certain mod DLL is not compatible. In the last line of the log it says:

[LOG 21:11:46.991] [ModuleManager] Intercepted a ReflectionTypeLoadException. List of broken DLLs:
EngineLightRelit 1.6.3.0 GameData\EngineLightRelit\Plugins\EngineLightRelit.dll

The game will not load past this line. Is this mod working for anyone else on latest KSP version?

10 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

Hi -  i have a fresh install of KSP and tried using this mod. It keeps freezing on initial app load saying a certain mod DLL is not compatible. In the last line of the log it says:

[LOG 21:11:46.991] [ModuleManager] Intercepted a ReflectionTypeLoadException. List of broken DLLs:
EngineLightRelit 1.6.3.0 GameData\EngineLightRelit\Plugins\EngineLightRelit.dll

The game will not load past this line. Is this mod working for anyone else on latest KSP version?

A line by itself is not too helpful.  Really need to see the complete Player.log

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 11:32 AM, kerbalxploder said:

Hey, I make pretty sophisticated crafts in KSP, and I noticed the lighting going through fuel tanks and projected onto the upper stages. Is there a fix for that? 

Edit: Hello, anybody there?

Sorry for the late reply.

No fix, sorry

• 1 month later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer, first of all, thank you for maintaining the mod !

Now, I'm having a small issue with it, while in-flight above 20km, I get this weird bug each time the engine is turned on. I'm only using Restock+ and EVE (plus KER but that would not cause that, I guess). Any idea where I might look to solve the problem?

https://imgur.com/H7ipuce

https://imgur.com/aUg5jcW

https://imgur.com/gEwQf1m

It happens only above water, only above 20km and only when the current stage engine is burning...

Thanks !

5 hours ago, LetMePickThat said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer, first of all, thank you for maintaining the mod !

Now, I'm having a small issue with it, while in-flight above 20km, I get this weird bug each time the engine is turned on. I'm only using Restock+ and EVE (plus KER but that would not cause that, I guess). Any idea where I might look to solve the problem?

https://imgur.com/H7ipuce

https://imgur.com/aUg5jcW

https://imgur.com/gEwQf1m

It happens only above water, only above 20km and only when the current stage engine is burning...

Thanks !

Pretty sure that's a Scatterer issue, and fixed in the latest beta(s). You can confirm it by switching on/off the secondary light reflection in the ocean settings to see if it goes away.

• 2 months later...

@linuxgurugamer, could we see the implementation of pressure and engine mode controllers in the future? Right now, engines can only have one configuration per engine, which causes problems with newer versions of RealPlume as well as Waterfall, where most engine's plume color varies with atmospheric pressure. As well, many engines have different plume colors for different fuel modes, such as the VASIMR engines from Near Future Propulsion.

• 5 months later...

I have Kerbalism and Engine Lighting Relit installed.

When an engine fails or get defected  because of Kerbalism's failure rates  the  engine light for that specific engine will stay on even when it's not working anymore and shutdown.

Is it possible to fix this?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I uninstalled this mod and now all my craft in the SPH and VAB says they are unable to load due to missing part module enginelighteffect and tjs_decouplerlight...if I knew this mod worked this way, I would have never installed it...how do I recover my craft without having to reinstall the mod? Im actually super choked about this...

Edited by Oshen

9 hours ago, Oshen said:

I uninstalled this mod and now all my craft in the SPH and VAB says they are unable to load due to missing part module enginelighteffect and tjs_decouplerlight...if I knew this mod worked this way, I would have never installed it...how do I recover my craft without having to reinstall the mod? Im actually super choked about this...

Are you actually unable to load the crafts?  I also uninstalled this recently (because I think Waterfall provides lighting effects of its own) and the craft loading window says "unknown part modules" in red on each file, but it doesn't prevent opening the file; the game just ignores the data for the unknown modules.  And then if you re-save the craft, that ignored data won't be included in the new version of the file, so the warning will go away.  (The game's craft-loading window is quirky, though: you have to open it, close it, and open it again to actually see the warning go away after re-saving a craft.)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.