[1.12.x] Engine Lighting Relit

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, TriggeredSnake said:

Okay. How do I get a log file? To be honest it's probably a mod conflict as it's just parts from my mod, OldPartsRedux, and KWRocketry that emit glitchy lights.

Read my signature for a link to learn how to get a logfile

@Joker58th 

New release, 1.6.1

• Fixed initialization so that the SRBs in SSTU have the correct lighting
    • Changed OnStart to Start
    • Changed OnUpdate to Update
    • Changed check for flight mode to  use HighLogi

Please note that while the version of the mod is 1.6.1, it has been recompiled against KSP 1.7.2.  To get builds for earlier versions, go to the Github release page and download the file appropriate for  your game version

• 4 weeks later...

My log is littered with exceptions of the following type:

[EXC 23:02:44.143] TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ModuleDecouplerBase' from assembly 'EngineLightRelit'.

For reference, at the time my rocket had a single Procedural Decoupler.

Hi @linuxgurugamer(I think you're the one to ask here)

For some engines, the mods works great, and I absolutely love it ! However, for other engines like the Vector and Rhino, the light seems far too bright and the general result is very contrasted (for example, I get close-to-white spots [that the engine plume is directly shining at] and the rest doesn't seem lit up at all [that should I believe have some kind of emissive lighting]). Is this just a config fix or is it more complex ? 

Thanks in advance ;)

Edited by Mopoii

On 7/25/2019 at 5:01 AM, Mopoii said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer(I think you're the one to ask here)

For some engines, the mods works great, and I absolutely love it ! However, for other engines like the Vector and Rhino, the light seems far too bright and the general result is very contrasted (for example, I get close-to-white spots [that the engine plume is directly shining at] and the rest doesn't seem lit up at all [that should I believe have some kind of emissive lighting]). Is this just a config fix or is it more complex ? 

Thanks in advance ;)

Just downloaded the mod but should be all config edits. Config applies blanket settings to all engines but has some exception parts due to your exact problem, too bright or not bright enough. Here's an example.

// thuds' emissive is too bright by default
@PART[radialLiquidEngine1-2]:FOR[EngineLight] {
	@MODULE[EngineLightEffect]
	{
		%engineEmissiveMultiplier = 0.9
		%lightFadeCoefficient = 0.6
		%lightPower = 1.2
		%lightRange = 7

%emissiveRed = 0.1
		%emissiveGreen = 0.0
		%emissiveBlue = 0.0

%emissiveLogRed = 0.2
		%emissiveLogGreen = 0.0
		%emissiveLogBlue = 0.0

%emissiveQuadRed = 0.6
		%emissiveQuadGreen = 0.2
		%emissiveQuadBlue = 0.0

%emissiveOffsetZ = 0.7
		%exhaustOffsetZ = 1.1
	}
}

You just to use those as a template and add your own.

2 hours ago, SwissArmyKnife said:

Just downloaded the mod but should be all config edits. Config applies blanket settings to all engines but has some exception parts due to your exact problem, too bright or not bright enough.

Right, I'll edit the config then, thanks for your insight ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi all, getting this rather persistent issue (at every launch). KSP v is 1.6.1 (RP-1 play through) and installed ELR is 1.6.1.1 per CKAN, so I'm not sure if this is the issue (should it be v 1.6.0??):

It's basically throwing a bunch of ''Exception: TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ModuleDecouplerBase' from assembly 'EngineLightRelit'. 

Logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fkrbiavx1c3g8u0/AABvgUGRlOCNWEzt5vZUNJ_4a?dl=0

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2019 at 8:41 PM, Calvin_Maclure said:

It's basically throwing a bunch of ''Exception: TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ModuleDecouplerBase' from assembly 'EngineLightRelit'. 

If you don't care about the decoupler effects you can just delete GameData/EngineLightRelit/MM_Configs/decoupler-configs.cfg to fix this.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Endless [DecouplerLight] Error onUpdate: Object reference not set to an instance of an object  log spam in flight & editor. Version 1.7.2-1.6.1.1 sourced from GH release.

Is there a workaround?

Edited by nepphhh

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting a bug where the engine lighting effect is lighting up planets in orbit, like the spotlights in this topic 

Tested in 1.8.1 with JNSQ/scatterer as well as stock system with no visuals, and the engines were lighting up planets each time. Also with and without Realplume

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Amilianus said:

Are there any mods this is known not to work with?

Edit: NVM I figured it out, for some reason I downloaded a version without the plugin folder. Duh!

That'll do it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Using this in KSP 1.9.1, and RSS with the component space shuttle I got HUGE performance drop, from standard 60 average down to 7.5fps during launch, weirdly no impact while on the ground or low down but as soon as I began gaining height more rapidly it tanked, I've removed mods one by one and found it to be this, the logs were spammed with errors, sorry I don't have any I can link here

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.