VAB Size

Why is the VAB so small I need to build a ship with a bit of height, but it seems the vab is too small.

So we have a discrimination against tall people have we. <smirk>

Also I want to make some changes to my ship. Like oh dear forgot the RCS but it keeps seting them to 3 not 4. So have to STRIP ship down to the start build then do it all again. which took nearly an HOUR.

THIS IS A DAMM, pain. The Sub assembles saves are of only help in certain situations . Grrrrr.

1 hour ago, Lankspace said:

Like oh dear forgot the RCS but it keeps seting them to 3 not 4. So have to STRIP ship down to the start build then do it all again. which took nearly an HOUR.

The editor sets the symmetry quantity according to the part that the cursor is hovering over. If you don't want that number to be three, then just avoid putting the cursor on top of the part that's set to three.

If you can't get the cursor where you want it without touching something that's set wrong -- then set the symmetry to ONE, move the cursor where you want it, and hit the X key three times to set the symmetry to four.

1 hour ago, bewing said:

The editor sets the symmetry quantity according to the part that the cursor is hovering over. If you don't want that number to be three, then just avoid putting the cursor on top of the part that's set to three.

If you can't get the cursor where you want it without touching something that's set wrong -- then set the symmetry to ONE, move the cursor where you want it, and hit the X key three times to set the symmetry to four.

Yea thanks for the tip I was aware of this. I had made the ship so complex it was difficult to get into the guts.

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

There is this mod which hides the VAB, so you can build big:

Don't worry that it says it's for 1.5.1, it should work fine in 1.6.1.

Oh what oh great forum this you get answers really quick.

Thanks people. I will try out mod. as to my clumsy RCS fault fixed it...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.