Kanadian Space Agency - A Beyond Home Science Career

Kanadian Space Agency

BjftjJg.png

"Have Timbits, Will Travel"

In the decades that passed since the death of the Kerbol system, the Kerbals have lost their drive to launch things into the unknown, save for one group of intrepid survivors. The brave Kanadian Kerbals have banded together to explore their new home, finish the colonization efforts started by the first survivors to this new system and eventually return to Kerbol in tribute to those that came before. As Kerbal Society has evolved past the need for money, this will be a Science playthrough.

Mission Goals

• Establish full communication networks and survey the celestial bodies around the new Kerbal Homeworld.
  • Establish a stable and reliable industry to support sustained exploration of the bodies around the new Kerbal Homeworld and its moons. This includes fuel and food production for spacecraft (Via TAC Life Support)
  • Finish the colonization efforts that were attempted when the system was first settled. (Via Pathfinder and OSE Workshop mods).
  • Construct a reusable exploration craft, along with reusable exploration landers for both Atmospheric and Non-Atmospheric planets and moons, that can mine its own fuel and resupply itself, and head off into the rest of the system and explore, establishing outposts and mining colonies to further support goals of the Agency.
    • Once outposts are established, construct a single-use craft to send new colonists to those new outposts and mining stations.
  • Once exploration and construction of communication and industry to support a mission to Kerbol are complete, construct a vessel that can make the long journey to the original home of the Kerbal people, and find out what's left.

I've been planning on doing this for a long time, but with the recent update to 1.6, the mods that I use regularly weren't updated to support a playthrough like this. Then along came the Beyond Home mod that basically became the definition of awesome in the KSP community and is, IMHO, one of the best mods that's been produced to date with the exception of the Restock and Restock+ mods.

To be completely honest, this is going to be pretty difficult for me, to date the only things I've really done in KSP is build an LKO space station and send landers to Mun and Minmus, and I've never left the Kerbin system to even go to Duna. So wish me luck.

I will be streaming my attempts on my Twitch/Mixer channel, which will be cross-posted on my Youtube channel as well, those videos will be posted here as well along with copious amounts of screenshots.

Mods Used:

• Beyond Home (and required mods) (also duh...)
  • TAC Life Support
  • Restock & Restock +
  • Pathfinder, OSE Workshop Reworked (and all required mods)
  • Universal Storage II
  • (more will be added once I get this playthrough set up and mods locked in)

Self-Imposed Rules:

While this will be a Science Playthrough, It will be played in Career mode, but simply ignore funds. Reputation will still be rewarded at the default rate, but penalized at a significantly higher rate, as 'Kanada' is the sole group of Kerbals actually willing to go back into space, and the rest of the world isn't supporting them. If Reputation falls to low, the rest of the nations on the new homeworld will step in and stop Kanada's activities. Game Over.

Since Kanada's basically starting from scratch, Scientifically, science rewards will be limited to 75% of the normal rate. 

Until a specific contract pack is released for Beyond Home, assuming one is going to be made, Contracts will be ignored. 

Attempt to recover vessels as much as possible, as science rewards are reduced, every little bit helps. 

Attempt to land as a close to the Space Center as possible (again, because you need those science points).

Use of Life Support mods, in this case, TAC life support. If Kerbals run out of Food, Water or Air, they die. No 'hibernation'.

Use of Quick-Save to save a Kerbal is Forbidden. If they die, they die.

All attempts to complete challenges issued by users of this forum for this playthrough will be given the highest priority if it is possible to complete it.

Maintain a record of all missions, Kerbalnauts, and vessels in this thread.

Screenshots of all Save Settings Changed:

Spoiler

kODj68a.png
z86hkko.png
Mmln6XF.png
1dEAv8o.png
All other settings are default.

KSP Forum User Issued Contracts/Challenges:

If you have a Challenge you'd like to see me try and complete, issue it here in this thread. Include what you want me to do, how much Reputation you feel I should get for completing it, how much Science points (if any), and how much reputation to be removed if declined. Be reasonable, any joke contracts will be ignored.

Edited by aceman67
Adding Rules, Mods used and instructions for User issued Contracts

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.