History and Parts Pack and Free Update Delayed

UomoCapra

Dear KSP community,

We have experienced some technical issues with the release of the History and Parts Pack DLC for Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition and the free content update for both PS4 and Xbox One. These issues would have hindered our players’ experience, so we have decided to hold back this release until they can be addressed. We realize that many of you were truly excited about tomorrow’s release, but we believe that making this decision was the right thing to do in order to launch with the best experience. As soon as we have confirmed the new release date we will share it with all of you.

Thank you,

-The KSP Development Team

Welp... guess I'll binge Unturned rather than KSP on Friday night. But better to fix things rather than release a buggy update! I'm still happy that we're getting content though :)

15 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Dear KSP community,

We have experienced some technical issues with the release of the History and Parts Pack DLC for Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition and the free content update for both PS4 and Xbox One. These issues would have hindered our players’ experience, so we have decided to hold back this release until they can be addressed. We realize that many of you were truly excited about tomorrow’s release, but we believe that making this decision was the right thing to do in order to launch with the best experience. As soon as we have confirmed the new release date we will share it with all of you.

Thank you,

March 21st 2019....... A day witch will live in infamy 

Edited by sicko kerman

Just now, sicko kerman said:

Really? Sad...... This is so rarted 

It's better for them to delay it and fix things rather than release it with bugs and glitches

I think this is an excellent decision as the commitment to release sooner than later is there, but they found bugs that are difficult to squash.

Or... some of the devs have been unwell and the release has to be delayed S work flow got behind.

Whatever, great work Squad.  It'll be here when it's ready.

Peace.

4 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Dear KSP community,

Thank you,

Either way does anyone know because I have only played KSP for 6 month and been in the forums for less than a month does anyone know how long the delays usually are? A couple weeks a week a couple days idk

26 minutes ago, sicko kerman said:

Either way does anyone know because I have only played KSP for 6 month and been in the forums for less than a month does anyone know how long the delays usually are? A couple weeks a week a couple days idk

No we don't. They said 

5 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

As soon as we have confirmed the new release date we will share it with all of you.

So just wait I guess

As the German I am, I will let you kerbal developers know that my disappointment in your efforts on the console version is total. I do not care about your effort, only about the results.  The excuse is vage to the point that it makes me wonder if u ever had a ready update at all. It sounds to me like u put a all-nighter in to it just to realize that you was not gonna make the timeline.   Actually, I'm not disappointed. Looking at your previous efforts, I can't understand why anyone would expect more from you. Your work on the console has been a failure for a long time. Statistically we should have expected this. Expect more than mediocre results from your self and do it within the timeline. 

Unfortunately this does seem like a reoccurring theme, maybe in future, you should just let us know when it's available, rather than building anticipation, only to disappoint with ETAs.

Idk about anyone else, but the current version seems to be running quite well for me at the moment, so I'll carry on playing, and the update/DLC will get here when it gets here.

But please Squad, no more ETAs

Well. Who is actually surprised?

9 hours ago, sicko kerman said:

Unfortunatelly in case of console KSP, the "soon" usually ment months or even ever whole year. So who knows this time. :-(

welp see you all in 5 months and now i have demands

1. all those who have bought the game get either full refund for the game or the dlc for free when it comes out

2. stop giving pc 10 updates between console updates so this doesn't happen 

and 3. actually be ready to go to release instead of pulling a number out of a hat and calling that a release date 

11 hours ago, T1mo98 said:

[snip]

except they can test things before hand instead of assuming it'll be ok this is a case of they were not ready from the get go and are showing that they are being incompetent 

Edited by Gargamel
Portions Redacted By Moderator.

18 minutes ago, klesh said:

What are the "technical issues" you discovered the day before releasing the DLC?

wasn't done most likely and they realized they gave themselves an unrealistic deadline so we won't see an update or dlc for another 7 months  

10 hours ago, Lein Armweek said:

As the German I am, I will let you kerbal developers know that my disappointment in your efforts on the console version is total. I do not care about your effort, only about the results.  The excuse is vage to the point that it makes me wonder if u ever had a ready update at all. It sounds to me like u put a all-nighter in to it just to realize that you was not gonna make the timeline.   Actually, I'm not disappointed. Looking at your previous efforts, I can't understand why anyone would expect more from you. Your work on the console has been a failure for a long time. Statistically we should have expected this. Expect more than mediocre results from your self and do it within the timeline. 

at this point console should be free to play

2 hours ago, Avalanche7788 said:

What a joke. Get our hopes up and at the very last minute pull the update and DLC. If Squad was one of my students, they would get an F. Clown shoes, freaking clown shoes. DLC should be part of the free update whenever it comes out. 

at this point they should cut their losses and make the dlc free as compensation 

11 hours ago, Lein Armweek said:

What does this mean in time measure? "until it can be addressed"? Your aren't addressing it immediately?  Or did you mean " until we solv it"?? 

we're not gonna hear anything for a minimal of at least 5 months to max of a year