History and Parts Pack and Free Update Delayed

UomoCapra

I may be wrong, but crucial that the guys gets it right cus for us console players, ksp is the only true simulator for consoles. Specially space simulator. I wasted my time on elite dangerous and those developers makes squad look like Santa. The last 2 years in elite all they got was a different color on a ship. Totally waste of time. I'm not going back to that's stuff. 

I agree, guess im just a bit excited for new parts. Any tips or tricks for the current console version.

40 minutes ago, Lein Armweek said:

You think this update should have been a beta? BTW what's the thing in the update you people are looking the most forward to?  I saw something that looked like a soyuz. That's Awsome. 

I really just want it not to in any way ruin the existing game. 

If that's means the update could never come out, that's a good deal if it means the current game is staying intact and working. But I know it's gonna be releases and gonna be fine, just saying if that were to 

Yeah lol, I did not know that if u press R1 and keep it pressed while pressing L2 and E2, you can translate with out needing to change to docking mode, guess it is similar on Xbox.. I wonder if the update is gonna have some changes to key le layout 

6 hours ago, Jebediah Kerman Jr. said:

It would be nice if I could just get the full KSP experience. I live in fear of command seats and EVAs because of bugs that have not been fixed (what kind of life is that?). I've decided not to play KSP again until they've released the update; there's nothing new I can do anyways, living in fear of command seats and EVAs. I guess I'll just binge Portal 2 for a couple of weeks.

True

1 minute ago, Lein Armweek said:

Hmm what is this about Eva? I never had a problem, what is the problem? 

A common bug that often makes KSP nigh impossible for me to enjoy. I click the EVA button on the crew portrait. The Kerbal gets out, but no options like

(A) Let Go

(B) Board

show up. The Kerbal is trapped. Switching back to the vessel and trying to shake the Kerbal off does nothing. Cannot activate time warp, as the Kerbal is still technically "on the ladder." Sometimes I can defeat this bug by restarting KSP, but I usually have to revert the flight or quickload before the EVA and skip it altogether. Do you ever have problems with command seats?

9 minutes ago, Jebediah Kerman Jr. said:

A common bug that often makes KSP nigh impossible for me to enjoy. I click the EVA button on the crew portrait. The Kerbal gets out, but no options like

(A) Let Go

(B) Board

show up. The Kerbal is trapped. Switching back to the vessel and trying to shake the Kerbal off does nothing. Cannot activate time warp, as the Kerbal is still technically "on the ladder." Sometimes I can defeat this bug by restarting KSP, but I usually have to revert the flight or quickload before the EVA and skip it altogether. Do you ever have problems with command seats?

Never happen to me. But I believe you. Command seat is the same problem? If not then I haven't experienced this eighter. Did a clean install not fix it eighter? 

2 hours ago, Djjosh8488 said:

I agree, guess im just a bit excited for new parts. Any tips or tricks for the current console version.

I'm excited for a mun launch site and new parts plus being able to change the color of things unless im reading the wrong info 

2 minutes ago, Slay3r_fire said:

I'm excited for a mun launch site and new parts plus being able to change the color of things unless im reading the wrong info 

The changing colour thing is also apparently coming, and allows you to switch between part variants. 

On 3/20/2019 at 10:55 PM, UomoCapra said:

Dear KSP community,

We have experienced some technical issues with the release of the History and Parts Pack DLC for Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition and the free content update for both PS4 and Xbox One. These issues would have hindered our players’ experience, so we have decided to hold back this release until they can be addressed. We realize that many of you were truly excited about tomorrow’s release, but we believe that making this decision was the right thing to do in order to launch with the best experience. As soon as we have confirmed the new release date we will share it with all of you.

Thank you,

-The KSP Development Team

I guess there is still no new date yet for history and parts pack and the new update?

3 minutes ago, Budman said:

I guess there is still no new date yet for history and parts pack and the new update?

On 3/21/2019 at 8:55 AM, UomoCapra said:

As soon as we have confirmed the new release date we will share it with all of you.

4 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Should get a release date sometime this week or next week. :P

Edited by KosmoNot79

On 3/21/2019 at 11:55 AM, UomoCapra said:

These issues would have hindered our players’ experience, so we have decided to hold back this release until they can be addressed.

Wait, what, delaying a releasee to deal with bugs? Bravo.
Please do this whenever you feel a release needs more work.

If only it happened more often for the PC release, think of all the stupid bugs and hotfixes we could have avoided.

16 hours ago, Jebediah Kerman Jr. said:

A clean install? What do you mean and how can I do that?

Make sure your save games are secured in the psn cloud or whatever system u use and after  that u just delete the game from your hard drive on the ps4 u downloaded it again and reinstall it. That's it.  I had several problems with fall out and rdr2 and after I clean install them, they run fine.  Remember to Secure your progress on a USB pen or a cloud system for ur console system or you may loose your progress/ game saves forever.  

Sorry my faulty lenguage,  getting used to android phone again. 

I wonder how good that soyuz like thing in the update is.  Looks preety good. 

Edited by Lein Armweek

4 minutes ago, Lein Armweek said:

There are three versions of that pod, one holds one kerbal, the next holds two, and the third holds 3. They're actually based on the Vostok and Voskhod capsules (which were precursors to Soyuz).

1 hour ago, Lein Armweek said:

They're a mixed bag.  They are re-entry modules, and have very strange custom drag cubes.  In career, you get access to the single seater very early, before you get the requisite fairings they need to be covered with at launch. Trying to launch with them not in a fairing is not advisable.

That being said, they have a nice interior and IVA view, and rounded roundness that is spacey and round.

As mentioned, they are Vostok and Voshkod capsules and unfortunately not Soyuz, though a reasonable approximation can be made:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1418126978

21 hours ago, Lein Armweek said:

Really?  Are u sure this is true?

Based on a quarter century of doing this for a living, and many years of amateur dabbling before that?  Yes, pretty sure.

So most of the time you do a transaction your either get it late, in poor quality or you just leave the features you want out???

Exactly!  You've grasped the concept perfectly.  :)  That is, indeed, the message I was attempting to convey, yes.  That's how it works.

Where do you get this theories?

Not "theory", it's simply direct personal observation, daily, over multiple decades, at a variety of companies from little dozen-person startups to giant multinational corporations, not to mention writing code for fun in free time.  My own observations, and those of the many friends and coworkers I've had who deal with the same sort of thing.  It's how it works, everywhere, always-- whether the software project is a lone-nerd-in-a-basement thing, or a major corporate OS launch that has literally thousands of people working on it.

It's the universal constant of software development.  Everyone in the industry understands this, since we all need to work around it on a daily basis.  The need to juggle this how-long-will-it-take uncertainty is often the dominant force in our lives.    It's just how things work.

I read Phillips Kotlers entire library a can't not find what you are talking about.

Probably because Philip Kotler's shtick is marketing, not software engineering.  Difficult though this may be to believe, marketing and software engineering don't work the same way.  ;)  Reading a marketer to try to understand the practical realities of software engineering would be about as relevant as reading poetry to understand bridge construction.

Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against the gentleman, simply that what he's talking about has nothing whatsoever to do with what I'm talking about.

Off course this is not true. It would not be possible for branding to happen if this was the case or a newspaper. Guarteeing it is often one of main features.

Sorry if I wasn't sufficiently clear:  I'm talking about commercial software development.  And of course it is true, talk to any software developer.  Don't feel too bad, you're not the first person to have trouble grasping this concept-- like any profession requiring technical expertise, it's hard to understand the details if you haven't done it for a living.

Other industries, such as newspapers, have very different semantics.  It may come as a surprise to learn that publishing a daily newspaper (like marketing) bears very little resemblance to software development.  ;)  The challenges are different.  They don't work the same way, because they're optimized to meet very different requirements.

In "commercial software development", the commercial context imply most of the time to be the first on the market, and therefore to minimize the conception time by all means.

So, this is why this is not uncommon to get bugged firmware into newly released computers/peripherals/technical toys/phones/... whatever.

And what to think about recurring windows updates?

Edited by DfA-DoM

At some point in the future Squad is going to be releasing an update and there'll be an internal discussion

"Should we announce the launch date ahead of time? All the players bug us incessantly about launch dates".

Followed by "ummm...maybe not, you know what happened last time we gave out a launch date"

6 hours ago, Lein Armweek said:

Make sure your save games are secured in the psn cloud or whatever system u use and after  that u just delete the game from your hard drive on the ps4 u downloaded it again and reinstall it. That's it.  I had several problems with fall out and rdr2 and after I clean install them, they run fine.  Remember to Secure your progress on a USB pen or a cloud system for ur console system or you may loose your progress/ game saves forever.  

Oh, I use Xbox One. Is it the same for Xbox one?