History and Parts Pack and Free Update Delayed

UomoCapra

11 minutes ago, Tyko said:

At some point in the future Squad is going to be releasing an update and there'll be an internal discussion

"Should we announce the launch date ahead of time? All the players bug us incessantly about launch dates".

Followed by "ummm...maybe not, you know what happened last time we gave out a launch date"

Indeed, I'd be astonished if they haven't already had that conversation, and probably not just once, either.

Folks who have been around here a long time may remember that it used to be that Squad never gave out dates ahead of time.  And the users complained bitterly, back then, about not having any information about it.

So, as I said before, it comes down to a question of which you'd rather have, as a player:

On 3/22/2019 at 10:07 AM, Snark said:
  1. Squad announces a date.  Then releases, with a problem that causes grief for players.
  2. Squad announces a date.  Then discovers a problem.  Then announces a delay, while the problem is addressed before releasing.
  3. Squad doesn't announce any date at all, until it's actually released.

...Personally, I prefer #2 myself, though I can live with #3.

3 minutes ago, Snark said:
On 3/22/2019 at 10:07 AM, Snark said:
  1. Squad announces a date.  Then releases, with a problem that causes grief for players.
  2. Squad announces a date.  Then discovers a problem.  Then announces a delay, while the problem is addressed before releasing.
  3. Squad doesn't announce any date at all, until it's actually released.

...Personally, I prefer #2 myself, though I can live with #3.

I love when you quote yourself...Do you refer to yourself in the 3rd person often too?  :P  

Seriously, I agree with you. I do hardware development and my product just slipped. You SW guys have it rough, but at least you don't have to worry about trucks full of physical inventory moving across the country.  :) 

3 minutes ago, Tyko said:

You SW guys have it rough, but at least you don't have to worry about trucks full of physical inventory moving across the country.

We absolutely do have to worry about that, when online services are involved, as is so often the case these days.

But let's not dive into that, since it's getting significantly off-topic from what this thread is about, which is the fact that Squad's release has been delayed.

59 minutes ago, Jebediah Kerman Jr. said:

Oh, I use Xbox One. Is it the same for Xbox one?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is. As long as you make 100% sure that your progress is secured, you should give it a try. 

It's (very very very) e11  Hard to simulate astrophysics and then to integrate it into something graphical must be a living nightmare. 

It's a cool update, but honestly, the only thing SQUAD did wrong was to set a date on that update Hahahahha, if they had not, this thread would not exist.  Maybe we are spoiled.  If they treat us [snip],  like Rockstar treat their player base, we would be more humble.  This date setting is actually a very transparent thing to do.  Judging from the game Squad created (ksp), I 100% give them the benefit of the doubt.  It's just that some times [snip].    Ones I used the wrong calculator on a exam and got discualified lol. It happens

Edited by Starhawk
redacted by moderator

3 hours ago, Snark said:

Not "theory", it's simply direct personal observation, daily, over multiple decades

Same experience in the Civil Engineering/Surveying business. It's even in our contracts, "This is our estimate for time and effort; we might go over; we'll let you know if we think we will, and it shouldn't be more than 20% anyway."

If engineering were easy, it wouldn't be a profession.

And also an other time in I was playing soccer and while I waited for my turn I sat on a small fence, when I tried to jump out to the field, my shorts got stucked in some part of fence and when I landed I was not wearing anything underneath (like donald duck kind of). This happened in front of my entire class.  When I gathered the courage to go back into class, the teacher told me the principal wanted to talk to me and I got a warning for indicent exposure. The remaining high school years I had the nickname  Donald duck.  So when this happen to Squad that they are late, I get it,   [snip] 

You are an engineer? How much of the work is actually innovating?  I kind of like routines and innovating is very stressful. 

Edited by Starhawk
redacted by moderator

6 hours ago, Nick99898 said:

Sorry but we are all on console and your feedback page is listed fore the PC version. No help Frome me.

Lol, do you not realize the History and Parts pack are the same on PC and console?  Additionally, look closer, thats not my feedback page.  

"It most likely be released sometime this week ;)"that is a message off kerbal space program on messanger. Finally I'm looking forward to it , again. Lol

Edited by Gargamel
Reduced Giant Font

The Cat is right. Take it easy and we all have to remember that this update is something Squad is doing this as a courtesy to us and we are not in the right to demand this of them. It's something nice they are doing, not their obligation. I do understand some of us may want it to be here as soon as possible cus we love their product, but no need to die inside yet guys.  This guys are pro, but we need to let them work and to work some to one need to be calm. Also to enjoy the work it's crucial. I think it's worth waiting if you are waiting for something this good. 

We know that they make amazing product right?   We must agree on that or else we would not be here I think.  They are making one more good product, but we need to let them do it.

Om

14 minutes ago, sicko kerman said:

I know..... It's just taking 

Good stuff takes effort and time, and when we get it, imagine all the hours and hours of silent quality game hours we will have with it. Then the wait will be minimal in comparison 

Just now, Lein Armweek said:

Om

Good stuff takes effort and time, and when we get it, imagine all the hours and hours of silent quality game hours we will have with it. Then the wait will be minimal in comparison 

Exactly! :D

I think what made a lot of people mad is they gave a decisive date and then delayed at the last moment. I've actually read a few people say the exact thing I planned on doing when it released. I got off work and cleared my night of all activities and had the next day off, so I was pretty excited and cleared a day and a half of stuff just to play. I didnt know it was actually delayed for a few days because I figured they would update the original KSP Loading post like they did when they announced the release date and kept checking that post.

In my opinion I think it's best to leave the date open, but announce the release. If they hadn't given an exact date and said the update would release near the end of March or beginning of April, that would've been fine. I would've just kept looking for news on the release near this time. We've all pretty much learned basic rocket science and engineering to play this game, that's a staple to how great of a game it is. So I guess that just adds to it as well. My PC(toaster attached to a hamster wheel) runs the game the worst out of all of my systems and I own 3 copies of the game, so it just sucks that I've had to choose between performance and quality. But that guy who compared it to a shuttle launch being delayed is a genius and made me less angry.

8 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Agreed

Heck, by them delaying, one of the issues might've been the ladder bug, which they are hopefully fixing

Yeah. I never had that, maybe that is a fault on the platform or user mistake. I'm on ps4 and none of my peers have had it.  I see that's it's is an issue on utube dough. 

Just now, Jebediah Kerman Jr. said:

Does no one else have the EVA and command seat bugs?

Did you try the reinstalling after securing your saved games? I Rockstar programmer told me that from time to time some data may become corrupted and can cause changes in the codes, idk what it means but the solution was to do a clean install.  On ps4 we also have the option to restore data, I also don't know what that means, but when I do it, the ps4 runs much smoother. 

Just now, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I do. It's why I stopped playing Enhanced Edition, and I'm only going to play it when they tell us it's been fixed

You suffered from those bugs too? I feel for you. The command seat bug makes rovers unusable, which really sucks.

1 minute ago, Lein Armweek said:

Did you try the reinstalling after securing your saved games? I Rockstar programmer told me that from time to time some data may become corrupted and can cause changes in the codes, idk what it means but the solution was to do a clean install.  On ps4 we also have the option to restore data, I also don't know what that means, but when I do it, the ps4 runs much smoother. 

No, I haven't tried yet. I will, though.