Jump to content

History and Parts Pack and Free Update Delayed


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Lein Armweek said:

I Rockstar programmer told me that from time to time some data may become corrupted and can cause changes in the codes, idk what it means but the solution was to do a clean install.

Rockstar and SQUAD are different (I know they're both part of TTI but that's NOT what I mean). Different games, different code and software. Better to wait for a fix I reckon

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Rockstar and SQUAD are different (I know they're both part of TTI but that's NOT what I mean). Different games, different code and software. Better to wait for a fix I reckon

Honestly, I don't know my way around programming and that stuff.,but u probably right .  I did not know that TTI stuff. Sounds like one should buy some stock in it heheheh

Link to post
Share on other sites

But what if it works?    Did I read something about it being three different Russian style capsules that are gonna be included I. Update can that be right? Or just wishful thinking?  Is there any list of all the stuff that is gonna be in the update/dlc? 

3 minutes ago, Lein Armweek said:

But what if it works?    Did I read something about it being three different Russian style capsules that are gonna be included I. Update can that be right? Or just wishful thinking?  Is there any list of all the stuff that is gonna be in the update/dlc? 

Found it. https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Category:Making_History_parts

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lein Armweek said:

It's  so much stuff, almost like 1/3 or 1/2 more the stuff we already got. 

By my count there are 301 stock parts and 65 History and Parts Pack parts; slightly less than 1/4.

Edited by klesh
Link to post
Share on other sites

Which do you guys think I should do, buy the History and Parts pack for 10 dollars, or get a Making History and PC Edition bundle on Steam for 50 dollars? I've been considering getting the PC Edition because mods, frequent updates, fewer bugs, better performance, but it would be a very large investment for a video game. On the other hand, I could spend $10 for the History and Parts pack, and not get PC. I've got to choose one or the other.

I'd love to "support the devs" as much as the next guy, but I'm practically broke. :P

Edited by Jebediah Kerman Jr.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

I know we're all excited for the potential for bug fixes and all, but some of the discussion here has been straying into a technical support discussion.  Which is fine, in the tech support forums.   If we continue the discussion here, other users who might find good info in it will probably never get to see it.  So let's take that type of discussion over there please, and keep this thread on topic about the upcoming DLC.

In particular, we already have this thread, started by @The_Cat_In_Space a bit ago, on this very tech support topic:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jebediah Kerman Jr. said:

Which do you guys think I should do, buy the History and Parts pack for 10 dollars, or get a Making History and PC Edition bundle on Steam for 50 dollars?

Wait for a sale on the PC edition. They're pretty frequent and are about a 40-60% discount.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some posts have been removed. Please stop attacking each other over differing opinions about the game. We would not like to close the thread to further discussion, but we will if the alternative is to start issuing warns to people who will not give up on the arguments. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk if im correct or not but heard from a source on Twitter it should be this week for the dlc still but don't kill the messenger if im wrong please 

On 3/24/2019 at 5:33 PM, Djjosh8488 said:

I agree, guess im just a bit excited for new parts. Any tips or tricks for the current console version.

 

 

On 3/24/2019 at 5:33 PM, Djjosh8488 said:

I agree, guess im just a bit excited for new parts. Any tips or tricks for the current console version.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Slay3r_fire said:

Idk if im correct or not but heard from a source on Twitter it should be this week for the dlc still but don't kill the messenger if im wrong please 

 

 

Do you have a link or screenshot of the message? If you do It'd be great if you could share it!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just cant wait for this update to drop so i can stop coming to these tense forums where everyone is arguing about pc VS. Console, or weather or not it was the right choice for squad to delay an update, that honestly they didnt have to make. so before you criticise the delay of this patch, know that squad could have just cut their losses when they delivered the working "Enhanced edition" to cosoles. Everything from here on is just gravy :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, sicko kerman said:

Yes dude!! That's so boss let's hope this is real

 

12 minutes ago, pooplol629 said:

Its likely thats thier twitter

It's what I sent on here saying I got that message off KSP on messanger. So fingers crossed. :sticktongue:

 

17 hours ago, Budman said:

"It most likely be released sometime this week ;)"that is a message off kerbal space program on messanger. Finally I'm looking forward to it , again. Lol

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KosmoNot79 said:

Hopefully, it wasn't faked (although the chances of it being faked are 10/10).  Fingers crossed! :P

It isn't fake I got the same message.

 

17 hours ago, Budman said:

"It most likely be released sometime this week ;)"that is a message off kerbal space program on messanger. Finally I'm looking forward to it , again. Lol

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KosmoNot79 said:

Do you have a link or screenshot of the message? If you do It'd be great if you could share it!

I found it on the facebook page kerbal space program enhanced edition console also the info came from a Twitter message that someone asked and a dev responded saying this week 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Tyko said:

At some point in the future Squad is going to be releasing an update and there'll be an internal discussion

"Should we announce the launch date ahead of time? All the players bug us incessantly about launch dates".

Followed by "ummm...maybe not, you know what happened last time we gave out a launch date"

You know, maybe they should not announce the update release date, and just fix the game in reasonable time instead?

To compare, when No Mans Sky or Kingdom Come were released, there were also many bugs and complains. But these companies (in case of NMS also very small indie studio) released more updates per week, than KSP EE had in year. And you could feel the game improving under your hands. They didnt need to announce the release dates of these updates. They just released them.

That is the way to do it. Most of the people are not annoyed because there is a delay. But because it is taking so long (actually over 2,5years since initial release) wiht basically no communication during this time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...