History and Parts Pack and Free Update Delayed

UomoCapra

Hey guys,

Some posts had to be edited or removed.  It is fine if you guys want to complain about Squad and their efforts to produce a quality product.  They are professionals, and can handle the comments.  But let's keep those comments civil at least.    What is not fine is aiming your anger and frustration at other forum members.  We are all players of the game, customers of Squad, and have to go through the same issues.  So please, respect the views of your colleagues.

I came home today expecting to download the latest patch and DLC, but then I heard the news and now I'm sad lol :P. No worries though @SQUAD I would rather it release when it is ready and the experience is what is to be expected. Really I wish more devs would go by this rule actually.

Great job team on bringing these updates and content to console so far! Can't wait to see what else the team is developing for the future of KSP.!

1 hour ago, Slay3r_fire said:

I am also curious as to what happened with the console update that was said to be out on march 21

See here:

(But don't read too far into the thread.  It ain't pretty.)

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

Hey guys,

Some posts had to be edited or removed.  It is fine if you guys want to complain about Squad and their efforts to produce a quality product.  They are professionals, and can handle the comments.  But let's keep those comments civil at least.    What is not fine is aiming your anger and frustration at other forum members.  We are all players of the game, customers of Squad, and have to go through the same issues.  So please, respect the views of your colleagues.

I agree that the anger is out of hand. I understand that it's frustrating that they pulled out at the last second but an update of this size would be greatly appreciated no matter the wait. Keep up the great work @SQUAD;)

Just now, Slay3r_fire said:

I havnt been able to find it anywhere for my ps4 but you can buy dlc for PC all over steam

Yes, PC has Making History DLC, console has History and Parts Pack. They're different

Farewell

A short eulogy for Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition

Ladies and gentlemen, we’ve gathered here today in anticipation, disappointment, and some confusion. Today’s terrible news of the delay of the long awaited Update and History and Parts Pack. I think we all know how long it may be before its release, whether it be months, or years. 

For Squad, saying that you have skimped on KSPED is an understatement. We have long awaited a change to our beloved game. We were ecstatic at the announcement of an update. We were left wondering what the “technical issue” was/is. 

Goodbye Kerbonauts, goodbye friends, Goodbye Kerbin

Edited by Anticipation

58 minutes ago, Anticipation said:

Farewell

A short eulogy for Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition

Ladies and gentlemen, we’ve gathered here today in anticipation, disappointment, and some confusion. Today’s terrible news of the delay of the long awaited Update and History and Parts Pack. I think we all know how long it may be before its release, whether it be months, or years. 

For Squad, saying that you have skimped on KSPED is an understatement. We have long awaited a change to our beloved game. We were ecstatic at the announcement of an update. We were left wondering what the “technical issue” was/is. 

Goodbye Kerbonauts, goodbye friends, Goodbye Kerbin

Hopefully it'll just be a few days, maybe a week or two at most. I'm still happy that they're doing this though. At least they're trying to update the game, rather than just abandon it. 

I see Squad taking a lot of blame here, and I guess they must be involved somehow, but I don't actually know how much Squad are involved in the console release. The company hired to work on the console release is Blitworks. 

1 minute ago, Deddly said:

I see Squad taking a lot of blame here, and I guess they must be involved somehow, but I don't actually know how much Squad are involved in the console release. The company hired to work on the console release is Blitworks. 

Does anyone know who's responsible for the update and DLC for console? Would love to know.

2 minutes ago, KosmoNot79 said:

Does anyone know who's responsible for the update and DLC for console? Would love to know.

If I recall correctly, Blitworks were named in the original announcement. 

5 minutes ago, Deddly said:

If I recall correctly, Blitworks were named in the original announcement. 

So the hate that Squad is getting is directed to the wrong person/group? I'm just curious.

Edited by KosmoNot79

3 minutes ago, KosmoNot79 said:

So the hate that Squad is getting is directed to the wrong person/group?

Well, that depends on how much Squad is involved. I guess management must be involved in the partnership, and maybe QA, but I don't think any of the KSP developers working on the PC/Linux/Mac version are directly involved. I could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Deddly said:

Well, that depends on how much Squad is involved. I guess management must be involved in the partnership, and maybe QA, but I don't think any of the KSP developers working on the PC/Linux/Mac version are directly involved. I could be wrong.

Ok, thanks! :P

1 hour ago, KosmoNot79 said:

So the hate that Squad is getting is directed to the wrong person/group? I'm just curious.

That is the question. Blitworks should be responsible for porting the game (making sure it runs on the consoles, changing the tutorials to reflect gamepad controls, makings sure trophies are working correctly on the platform and taking care of the certification process). I dont believe the "porting job" should include fixing the source product.

And considering the KSP has been ported by two different companies (at least one of them really experienced) and both of them were released broken, it makes you think that the troubles may be caused by the code they are asked to port.

You know - if someone pays you to move the furniture to a new house, and they have a broken fringe, you are not responsible that the fringe will be still broken after you move it to new locaiton.

Edited by Agarwel

7 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Yes, PC has Making History DLC, console has History and Parts Pack. They're different

Basically the same thing with less content.

Look, I would greatly appreciate finally getting new content, but I feel we've been neglected for so long, we should be Squad's top priority at this point. What was the last time you saw a PC update delayed? Even if you have, they still hadn't waited nearly a year for new content!

Edited by Jebediah Kerman Jr.