Pretty Good Test Thread

Vanamonde

5 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbYvyRfpEzA/

Is there some trick to getting Instagram to embed properly? I thought i saw some Instagram links properly embedded here before....

I don’t ever recall seeing IG embeds here.   

Any interaction with IG I’ve ever have requires a login, which I refuse to get. 

• 1 month later...

test test test test test test test test test

test test test test test test test test test

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, CFYL said:

@Elon Musk

@Elon_Musk

Sorry, I was trying to check if THE Elon Musk is actually on the forums. I think he doesn't have the time. But maybe his team could run an account for no reason... Seems impossible to me...

I highly doubt it's them, and since they haven't been on in 8 years or so, I don't think they'll even notice.     But we do ask that you don't unnecessarily ping users out of randomness.   We do have a game for that though. 

• 5 months later...
On 4/17/2019 at 12:26 AM, Fraston said:

Stillhere?

Yes.

Test of nested quotes (using one of my quotes) [75 quotes nested. Don't open them! If they look really bad, I'll edit this post.]:

[snipped roughly 75 layers of nested quotes]

Whoa some quotes are missing!

(sorry sorry sorry)

Edited by Nazalassa
Removed nested quotes.

@Nazalassa, I removed your 75 layers of nested quotes.  We don't like that many layers of nesting on the KSP forum for a few reasons.  One, it causes browser issues in some browsers.  And second, it causes problems for us moderators, who have to dig through 75 layers of nested quotes.  None of us enjoys doing that.

For anyone confused by the snipped post above, yes it is possible to nest quotes.  Apparently, as @Nazalassa demonstrated, you can go up to 75 layers deep.  Please don't do that anymore..

1 minute ago, Rutabaga22 said:

I was trying to figure out how people nest a whole chain of quotes

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Before the moderators killed me for teaching you how to do something they frown upon.

9 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Before the moderators killed me for teaching you how to do something they frown upon.

I meant quote the person and who they quoted
like this

Quoted

Edited by Rutabaga22

3 hours ago, Rutabaga22 said:

Quotes nested

Copy-paste one of your quotes into your post, empty it, and then copy it and paste it inside itself, and then repeat with the whole thing.

It's funnier when you nest spoilers inside one quote :D

EDIT: I'm not the one who told you how to make it.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the link to a thread. It's named "never mind this thread -- it's for a test about links to a thread which name changes"

Now this is the experiment.

(second part in a few minutes)

Now the title has changed to "never mind this thread -- it's for a test about links to a thread which name changes [the title has been updayed, let's see if links are broken]"

New link:

(oh, the replies merged)

Oh. The links updated themselves. Let's use text links now, and see if it breaks anything.

Current link: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/210690-never-mind-this-thread-its-for-a-test-about-links-to-a-thread-which-name-changes-the-title-has-been-updayed-lets-see-if-links-are-broken/
Experiment: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/210690-*/

New link: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/210690-never-mind-this-thread-its-for-a-test-about-links-to-a-thread-which-name-changes-the-title-has-been-updated-again-and-typos-corrected/

So all three links work.

That means, you don't need to worry about broken links (at least, not until the forum software updates).

That concludes the experiments.