matt lowne vs scott manley

Stormpilot

Okay...I'll risk getting smacked down here...

I think they have different styles - I see Scott as an educator first. Even when he's doing some of his crazier builds he usually has a strong educational focus and tends to stop and explain things more. 

I like Matt's stuff and it can be very entertaining, but I learn more from watching Scott's vids.

It's something as asking who's is better, Jerry Lewis or Carl Sagan. :P 

Lowne is way more fun on the videos (who don't like craziness?), Manley is usually way more interesting on tech and science background (at least, when he was not enjoying some beverages while broadcasting - when then Lowne have some serious competition! :P ).

If I had to choose only one of them, I would end up in a really, really, really bad mood.

31 minutes ago, Deddly said:

Matt can't pronounce Mün. Scott wins.

Technically there isn't an umlaut... afaik.

Scott is cool and Matt is cool. I've watched a lot more Scott Manley videos though, and I think his effect on the community is a lot greater.

I like them both for KSP-related stuff, but Matt is more a typical YT game creator with his style of videos, whereas Mr. Manley does a lot more broad science and space-related stuff. I think Matt takes more creative changes with his various series.

Scott Manley's channel in the last few years has a LOT less KSP actual gameplay, but his KSP videos from 3 or 4 years ago are honestly practically required viewing if you want to learn how to play KSP well.

1 minute ago, scottadges said:

I like them both for KSP-related stuff, but Matt is more a typical YT game creator with his style of videos, whereas Mr. Manley does a lot more broad science and space-related stuff. I think Matt takes more creative changes with his various series.

Scott Manley's channel in the last few years has a LOT less KSP actual gameplay, but his KSP videos from 3 or 4 years ago are honestly practically required viewing if you want to learn how to play KSP well.

Matt is good for entertainment, Scott is good for tutorials

1 hour ago, Green Baron said:

Now i play this game for years and - as somebody who has Umlaute built-in in the firmware - always pronounced Mün like Mün, not like Mun or Moon. Tell me that wasn't all that wrong ?

:-)

I'm pretty sure that there just isn't an umlaut (at least in-game) in the name. I mean, just about everyone will understand what body you're referring to regardless, but still.

I miss the days when Scott played games, and I don't just mean his illustrious KSP series, but other games like Papers Please, Take On Mars, Surgeon Simulator, etc etc; he used to be a gamer and he had a very unique style of play and commentary. Something I don't get from my other YouTubers. Although I know he has a life, kids, wife, job, house, dogs, family, YouTube channel, social media platforms, collaboration with other YouTubers,  occasional conventions, going to rocket launches, and so on.

Wait I was supposed to say which is better? Well uhh... I really haven't watched Matt but I never really caught onto his style of videos when I did watch his content... so... yeah. Scott win's my vote.

Edited by ZooNamedGames

4 hours ago, KerbolExplorer said:

I prefer Matt since he is made the first video of KSP i wached

Let’s see, the first KSP video I saw was, ummmmm... I think it was hazard-ish. It was some kind of large passenger plane. But I can’t really remember since that was like 4 years ago.

Edited by STORMPILOTkerbalkind

15 hours ago, Bill Phil said:

Technically there isn't an umlaut... afaik.

Scott is cool and Matt is cool. I've watched a lot more Scott Manley videos though, and I think his effect on the community is a lot greater.

Technically it's also not "Kerbol" and yet we refer to the sun that way. The wreckage on the KSP menu screens says "Mün or bust" so it's not coming out of nowhere.

3 hours ago, Kerbart said:

Technically it's also not "Kerbol" and yet we refer to the sun that way. The wreckage on the KSP menu screens says "Mün or bust" so it's not coming out of nowhere.

Yeah but the menu screen wreckage is likely a reference to the umlaut version being used and not the originator of the umlaut version.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.