matt lowne vs scott manley

Stormpilot

6 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I don't know. That screen has been in the game a long time.

Well sure, but the use of the umlauted version in the community has been around a long time as well.

Anyone else remember when we used to call Kerbin "Kearth"?

I've been with Matt since he's still 55k, i'm a bit feeling sick to hear speeches (since i'm no native english and my basic language isn't english too), i learn KSP quite quickly (around 2 Years overally) from watching how the "more experienced" bunch do it, started when i was First year Mid School, where i made a Stayputnik with an SRB below it, got my KSP like 2 years afterwards, where i developed until Tylo conquering (and anything easier) in my first half year, and Eve 3 Months afterwards, all direct ascent, Scott really need to "re-upload" his videos because KSP is "nothing like before" now...

23 hours ago, STORMPILOTkerbalkind said:

Let’s see, the first KSP video I saw was, ummmmm... I think it was hazard-ish. It was some kind of large passenger plane. But I can’t really remember since that was like 4 years ago.

Mine was in late 2014...(?) It was one of the Macy's Dream videos, I don't remember anything about it except the title. It might've been one of @Xacktar's, the Kerbal Catapult. I'm not sure.

Scott Manley, hands down.  I watched that Lowne dude's Making History release stream and he didn't know which capsule was Mercury and which was Gemini.  That pretty much told me what I needed to know.

See I dont watch that guy either. 

Like, I have my own imagination, I can build cool ships. I'm not terribly interested in others' designs to the point where I'll watch a video of it.  I can also make the game physics break and that too is not something worth spending time watching someone else do; I'll just do it for myself.  Manley delivers physics, space and general science knowledge I do not have and mixes it with gameplay that exemplifies it.  I wont be ageist, but I'm sure thats got something to do with it too. I'm old and I'm just not interested in watching kids play videogames I guess. #offmylawn

It's like comparing apples to oranges I guess. Scott Manley has a lot more on the actual engineering stuff, the other is purely for fun and entertainment.

I'll admit - I don't watch either.

IMHO Scott Manley wins hands down.  While I don't pretend to be any good at the game, what little I can do is all because of Scott's videos.

I've watched a few of Matt Lowne's videos, but to be honest, there's something about his style I find wearisome, indeed the only one he did which I really enjoyed was when he give his girlfriend a go at playing the game.

I do understand Scott has other commitments these days, but his videos have now got rather dated.  Wouldn't it be great if he should ever decide to redo them with an updated version of KSP?

One guy I highly recommend on YT is ShadowZone, some of the things that guy cobbles together and missions he pulls off are truly amazing!

Edited by The Flying Kerbal
I added the last sentence about ShadowZone

On 3/28/2019 at 1:33 PM, The Flying Kerbal said:

One guy I highly recommend on YT is ShadowZone, some of the things that guy cobbles together and missions he pulls off are truly amazing!

ShadowZone is not Scot Manley! :)

Spoiler

On 4/2/2019 at 10:36 AM, Lisias said:

Scott Manley is the one that likes beer! :)

And is Scottish !

idk, but oddly it's only now that I noticed that Manley's accent seems to have gone extra Scottish...

6 hours ago, YNM said:

And is Scottish !

idk, but oddly it's only now that I noticed that Manley's accent seems to have gone extra Scottish...

As a huge fan of Doctor Who, his accent was one of the first things I noticed.

It took me some time to get used to it, as my ears were used to the Yorkshire's that was usual on the show (it's some time since I attended one, dunno how things are now)

12 hours ago, Lisias said:

As a huge fan of Doctor Who, his accent was one of the first things I noticed.

It took me some time to get used to it, as my ears were used to the Yorkshire's that was usual on the show (it's some time since I attended one, dunno how things are now)

I watched almost all the Shenzhen I/O videos that Scott Manley made, quite a while ago - and at the time I didn't notice the accent, I thought it's only the intonation.

I suppose a few more Burnistoun, Citation Needed and Fred Dibnah, now I can reeally distinguish accents... at least noting that it's different, probably not very accurate.

Either that or his recording has gone more sensitive.

9 hours ago, YNM said:

Either that or his recording has gone more sensitive.

Or myself spending too much time watching shows in "Yorkshire", and none in any other English accent. :) 

I'm not a native English speaker, and for almost an year, the only foreign show I was attending was Doctor Who. To tell you the true, KSP videos caught my attention right after finishing the last season on the local TV - some big player secured exclusive rights, I think, so no more Doctor Who form me. Right after that I found Manley.

And to tel you the true, I can't understand the Texas ascent even nowadays. :D 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.