NCC-1701-A/USS Enterprise

20 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@ZZYZZY

Fascinating! 

Is it purely stock parts? How many parts are there? 

I've just crashed my game:cool:. I don't know how many parts on it. I am building the launch device. I can't count the parts on the ship. And yes, it is all stock parts.

Edited by ZZYZZY

8 hours ago, ZZYZZY said:

How do you think about it?

The nacelle struts are wrong for the NCC-1701-A.  The original Constitution class had the straight version, but those were replaced by the angled ones for the refit.

But it's still cool.

I spent an hour trying to build a launcher for this 852 part beast.  I think the biggest issue is that there's an insane amount of parts in the saucer section, which causes all kind of drag issues.  I finally got it stable enough to do two full somersaults before it would finally crash back down.

Nice ship though.  I haven't F12ed it into orbit yet to see how it does in space.

5 hours ago, ZZYZZY said:

And yes, it is all stock parts.

Caveat on that - it does require MH.

5 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I spent an hour trying to build a launcher for this 852 part beast.  I think the biggest issue is that there's an insane amount of parts in the saucer section, which causes all kind of drag issues. 

It should be done using the Extraplanetary Launchpad mod to build a spacedock to build the ship in orbit.

19 hours ago, Geonovast said:

I spent an hour trying to build a launcher for this 852 part beast.  I think the biggest issue is that there's an insane amount of parts in the saucer section, which causes all kind of drag issues.  I finally got it stable enough to do two full somersaults before it would finally crash back down.

Nice ship though.  I haven't F12ed it into orbit yet to see how it does in space. 

I have adjusted the angle of the booster. It can fly well in space. But I can only use "Set Orbit" to move it to space.

@razark You're right. I did it very superficially. I watch this to build.

k4dQr5C.png

Just look the English and the picture, you don't need to understand those Chinese.

Edited by ZZYZZY

15 hours ago, Geonovast said:

I want to launch two, but my computer can't load thousands of parts, and it can't keep itself stability.

Damn jet lag, I need to wait for about greater than five hours.

Grammarly is so good. It helps a lot to talk with you.

Edited by ZZYZZY

I want to launch two, but my computer can't load thousands of parts, and it can't keep itself stability.

It's not that great even on a good computer.

I tried, again.  This time with two.  At the pad it was almost 1,800 parts.

Launch didn't happen until 5 minutes after I hit the space bar.  This probably would have been better if I had gone into a stock + KJR/KER game instead of my main modded install though.

There is just too much drag in the saucer section from the sheer number of parts.  The solution here may be to launch the thing upside down.  I  might give that a try later today.

screenshot271.png

screenshot272.png

Notice the navball - I apparently irritated the game so much launching this thing that it changed the control point when I launched.

screenshot274.png

screenshot277.png

Uh...

49escreenshot279.png

Well, crap.

62fscreenshot280.png

Grammarly is so good. It helps a lot to talk with you.

Your English is a little broken, but I can understand you just fine.  Stick around here and you'll get a lot of practice. :)

In China, we can't watch Star Trek TV series. We can only watch Movies... 

That really sucks!  Not that the movies aren't great (except 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, & 13)... but there is so much to all the TV shows!

17 hours ago, Geonovast said:

It's not that great even on a good computer.

I tried, again.  This time with two...

You are right. The head is too heavy so the ship will somersaults.Don‘t foget the solid booster, it can make a lot of thrust to help you to overcoming resistance and acting as a counterweight.When my rocket somersaults, I usually make a long rectifier cover and a big wing to increase the resistance of somersault.

Can you understand my words? These sentences have many words I don't know.

Chinese:你是对的。火箭翻跟头是因为头太重了。不要忘记固体推进器,它能制造许多推力来克服空气阻力并充当配重。当我的火箭翻跟头时,我通常会制造一个较长的整流罩并添加机翼来增加阻力。

Edited by ZZYZZY

• 2 weeks later...

n8AFuBS.pngQrm500P.png

Pulled the Lifter used for the version of NCC-1701 I built around 2 years ago, mind you I had the same problem, spent many hours working it. Your ship was close to size and weigh as my old version so it fit into the Lifter very well, after some tweaking and tuning of the lifter I was able to achieve orbit although it did consume used all the fuel in Enterprise as well as the lifter, had some weird contortions at the end of the burn too.

You can have the Craft file with lifter when finished to do with as you want, was fun playing with it today needs a couple more tweaks.

Give me another day and it should be fine tuned and maybe have some fuel left for a voyage to somewhere.

6fn0pwo.png

Edited by Kerbalwerks

On 4/6/2019 at 5:02 AM, Kerbalwerks said:

n8AFuBS.pngQrm500P.png

Pulled the Lifter used for the version of NCC-1701 I built around 2 years ago, mind you I had the same problem, spent many hours working it. Your ship was close to size and weigh as my old version so it fit into the Lifter very well, after some tweaking and tuning of the lifter I was able to achieve orbit although it did consume used all the fuel in Enterprise as well as the lifter, had some weird contortions at the end of the burn too.

You can have the Craft file with lifter when finished to do with as you want, was fun playing with it today needs a couple more tweaks.

Give me another day and it should be fine tuned and maybe have some fuel left for a voyage to somewhere.

6fn0pwo.png

Ha ha!Great work! :D

On 4/6/2019 at 5:02 AM, Kerbalwerks said:

n8AFuBS.pngQrm500P.png

6fn0pwo.png

I saw your USS Voyager in kerbalX. It looks very good!

On 4/9/2019 at 3:05 PM, Vanamonde said:

I wouldn't worry about launching this build from the pad. The lore is that the Star Trek ships are built in orbit anyway. 

Looks cool, by the way. :D

For the most part but then there is this: at Riverside ship yard ( Iowa ) :

RlJJutX.jpg

14 hours ago, Kerbalwerks said:

For the most part but then there is this: at Riverside ship yard ( Iowa ) : 

You're imagining things. There have been no Trek movies since 2002. (And nonsense like the concept in that image is why.) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.