Apollo 15 in KSP (v.03)

schwank

XjGMzwc.png

Hey all

This is an update of this post to v3!

The objectives get a little messy but its all there, it's working all the way through with points for medals now.

The only mod needed is Kerbal Engineer because I added the tape recorder MechJeb part to the CSM.  I think a lot of you use MechJeb so maybe this is a positive, let me know if that's a negative and I should make one completely stock.

APOLLO 15 v.03 on KerbalX LINK HERE

Thanks, and please send out some feedback if possible!

Apollo 15 launched from KSC on 7/26/1971, on a scientific expedition to the Hadley-Appennius region of the Lunar surface. The first 'J-Class' mission, Apollo 15 had more advanced capabilities than previous flights, including a LM equipped with the Lunar Roving Vehicle (LRV), and an orbital science kit stowed in the Service Module.

Recreate this historic mission in Kerbal Space Program by launching a Saturn V rocket to a precision landing in the Munar Midlands! Once safely on the surface, you'll unpack the MEM and commute via rover to collect samples in several biomes. Setup the Surface Experiments (AMSEP) package while the CSM performs orbital science collection. Once surface operations are complete, you'll rendezvous and dock in orbit, deploy a subsatellite, depart Munar orbit, perform a spacewalk en route to Kerbin, and land safely (hopefully...)!

All in a days work for the crew of Apollo 15!

IMGUR for a few highlights -

cK5mCc9.png

4ZMMW5c.png

Edited by schwank
Updating mission

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 6:19 PM, schwank said:

Hey all

This is the first mission I'm posting. It took me a while and it seems to work pretty well up till the ending.  When you land, you might not get a Success.  (You will still know you did great), but can you guys help with that?!  I do want to finalize this mission so everyone can enjoy it issue-free.  I kinda hit a wall there.  Anyway please let me know what you think, I hope some people will play this.  It's featuring a really cool J-Class Saturn V Rocket I built.

The only mod needed is Kerbal Engineer because I added the tape recorder MechJeb part to the CSM.  I think a lot of you use MechJeb so maybe this is a positive, let me know if that's a negative and I should make one completely stock.

APOLLO 15 BETA.01 on KerbalX LINK HERE

Thanks, and please send out some feedback if possible!

Apollo 15 launched from KSC on 7/26/1971, on a scientific expedition to the Hadley-Appennius region of the Lunar surface. The first 'J-Class' mission, Apollo 15 had more advanced capabilities than previous flights, including a LM equipped with the Lunar Roving Vehicle (LRV), and an orbital science kit stowed in the Service Module.

Recreate this historic mission in Kerbal Space Program by launching a Saturn V rocket to a precision landing in the Munar Midlands! Once safely on the surface, you'll unpack the MEM and commute via rover to collect samples in several biomes. Setup the Surface Experiments (AMSEP) package while the CSM performs orbital science collection. Once surface operations are complete, you'll rendezvous and dock in orbit, deploy a subsatellite, depart Munar orbit, perform a spacewalk en route to Kerbin, and land safely (hopefully...)!

All in a days work for the crew of Apollo 15!

IMGUR for a few highlights -

ok, I will try it! Sounds interesting.

Edited by Johnster_Space_Program

16 minutes ago, Johnster_Space_Program said:

Yes I did. I got stuck at the part where you go the edge of the ridge with the rover. After I did that I went in the lem and redocked with the csm but it didn't say that I completed the docking objective.

Thank you! Good feedback.

Going to the edge of the ridge, you should then take a surface sample at the "canyons" biome. It should then give you a message saying to run back to the LEM and plant the flag. After that you should be cleared to re-dock (or do a side mission).

Did it seem like the ridge surface sample node was busted?

Edited by schwank

20 hours ago, schwank said:

Thank you! Good feedback.

Going to the edge of the ridge, you should then take a surface sample at the "canyons" biome. It should then give you a message saying to run back to the LEM and plant the flag. After that you should be cleared to re-dock (or do a side mission).

Did it seem like the ridge surface sample node was busted?

yes. when i got there i did a surface sample, a eva report, some science experiments on the rover and transmitted them all back. after that i still didn't get the message.

1 hour ago, Johnster_Space_Program said:

yes. when i got there i did a surface sample, a eva report, some science experiments on the rover and transmitted them all back. after that i still didn't get the message.

Ok I will check that! As soon as you do the surface sample at the canyons within eyeshot of that "munley ridge" rover destination, that node should fire saying something cool and then saying to get back to the "falcon" and plant a flag. Thanks I will try this mission again, it's been a week so I'm not burnt out on it anymore. 

On the latest craft I removed the science experiments from the rover because the intention is to use the ALSEP package.

On 4/2/2019 at 1:27 PM, Johnster_Space_Program said:

OK sir and thank you for helping on this.  I've updated the file to "Beta.02".  I think I know what happened to you there.  I changed all the things you need to do to "Objectives", and I turned all the things that were previously the Key Mission Objectives, are now both "Objectives" and "Events".  So I think this will make it ultimately very clear what you need to do to progress. 

The end node is still broken.  I have a "catch all" node which I added to be a 'failure' if let's say you aborted or didn't go to Mun. Its a catch all that says if you had less than 5K score, you lose.  I think this is interfering with the end landing nodes.  I have to test that specifically, but I think this .02 will work better as far as you at least getting through it all save for the Success at the end. Thanks again!

On 4/3/2019 at 11:59 PM, schwank said:

OK sir and thank you for helping on this.  I've updated the file to "Beta.02".  I think I know what happened to you there.  I changed all the things you need to do to "Objectives", and I turned all the things that were previously the Key Mission Objectives, are now both "Objectives" and "Events".  So I think this will make it ultimately very clear what you need to do to progress. 

The end node is still broken.  I have a "catch all" node which I added to be a 'failure' if let's say you aborted or didn't go to Mun. Its a catch all that says if you had less than 5K score, you lose.  I think this is interfering with the end landing nodes.  I have to test that specifically, but I think this .02 will work better as far as you at least getting through it all save for the Success at the end. Thanks again!

thanks. I will try it and hopefully it will be fixed like you say.

Don't, I fixed it and am about to post a fixed revision 3 but I just have some quick fixes to make it a bit neater. The objectives thing worked though. You'll get finished mission tomorrow! 

Edit - uploaded now.

Edited by schwank

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.