Private Division looks for a Community Manager for KSP!

UomoCapra

29 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It all depends. Did you send your resume in via email or did you send it by Post Office? 

If you send to by email you should also send another copy by mail and then follow that up a few days later with an email asking if they received it and ask if there is interest.

VuDWqBo.png

It was by their online form service. this was the auto confirmation. I"m just not sure what to expect/hope for.

Edited by Lupi

2 hours ago, steuben said:

Merchandising, where the real money from the game is made. While cafepress level stuff would be cool. Anybody with skills should be able to do more.

Indeed and I’d love to get the KSP store back to its former glory. 3D printed craft, plushies, KSP mouse pads, coffee mugs, shirts and stuff was perfect.

19 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Indeed and I’d love to get the KSP store back to its former glory. 3D printed craft, plushies, KSP mouse pads, coffee mugs, shirts and stuff was perfect.

3d printed craft was a third party service that ceased operations like a year or two ago. agreed on some of the other stuff, though. I'm sure private division has ideas.

18 minutes ago, Lupi said:

3d printed craft was a third party service that ceased operations like a year or two ago. agreed on some of the other stuff, though. I'm sure private division has ideas.

I’m aware and it wasn’t the only service that folded. Coffeepress has experienced interest on the forum stating they’d like to resume selling KSP products but need to arrange it with Squad/PD. 

<Yiddish accent>KSP the LEGO(tm)-like but not LEGO(tm) sets.</Yiddish accent> or perhaps the model kits. A series of build it yourself model kits for each of the parts, kind of like what Games Workshop has for the Warhammer series of games. Kind of like garage kits but less legally questionable.

1 hour ago, steuben said:

<Yiddish accent>KSP the LEGO(tm)-like but not LEGO(tm) sets.</Yiddish accent> or perhaps the model kits. A series of build it yourself model kits for each of the parts, kind of like what Games Workshop has for the Warhammer series of games. Kind of like garage kits but less legally questionable.

Totally love this idea. It’ll have to wait until after the parts overhaul is completed but this is genius.

7 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Coffeepress has experienced interest on the forum stating they’d like to resume selling KSP products but need to arrange it with Squad/PD. 

Cafepress would sell a tshirt with a dead squirrel on it if they thought it would sell.  I've never been impressed with the quality of their stuff, I'd prefer another vendor. 

15 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Cafepress would sell a tshirt with a dead squirrel on it if they thought it would sell.  I've never been impressed with the quality of their stuff, I'd prefer another vendor. 

Perhaps. Quality of vendor is always open to discussion. If I were in charge of it, i certainly would consult my colleagues and others

I’d also ask for a sample and make sure it’s worth it. 

My earlier comment was rushed. There’s a lot more than that when actually working at it.

Edited by ZooNamedGames

23 minutes ago, Lupi said:

I'm sure a company as big as Take Two knows who to work with and has suppliers in mind already.

T2 maybe. But if they leave Squad to the merchandise side, then maybe not. The person who’s hired on will probably know. *shrug*

1 minute ago, ZooNamedGames said:

T2 maybe. But if they leave Squad to the merchandise side, then maybe not. The person who’s hired on will probably know. *shrug*

Have you heard anything back? I'm gonna be up front and say I have

Edited by Lupi

Considering TTI owns the branding, Squad probably can't do any merchandising.

If TTI thought there was money in it I'm sure they'd be selling merchandise. The fact that they're not tells me they don't.

And based on past KSP merchandise I can't blame them. I was never really impressed with any of the physical objects they or others sold.

13 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Considering TTI owns the branding, Squad probably can't do any merchandising.

If TTI thought there was money in it I'm sure they'd be selling merchandise. The fact that they're not tells me they don't.

And based on past KSP merchandise I can't blame them. I was never really impressed with any of the physical objects they or others sold.

Yeah, past merch wasn't exactly stellar. The best stuff I've gotten was stuff I received as a gift for doing KSPTV, and that wasn't all exactly high volume.
I don't think it's for a lack of interest, i mean, look at all the stuff they had at PAX. They evidently wanna make stuff, they just might not know what.

That papercraft Val was cool.

(oh cool tweets embed)

1 hour ago, Lupi said:

Have you heard anything back? I'm gonna be up front and say I have

*emotions deflated*

No I haven’t. 

Granted that shouldn’t be a surprise considering my exceptionally lacking experience and the no existent training, education or work in community management (outside of personal activities, events and whatnot

22 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

*emotions deflated*

No I haven’t. 

Granted that shouldn’t be a surprise considering my exceptionally lacking experience and the no existent training, education or work in community management (outside of personal activities, events and whatnot

Hey, they're hiring for at least 3 other positions if you click on the banner at the top of the forums! There's probably still room to apply for -something.-

Edited by Lupi

If we're trying to be optimisitic, I guess it's always plausible their just talking to each applicant one by one and with over a hundred (maybe even thousands!) of applicants, they may just take a while to get to others like myself. But fingers crossed. Working with Squad would certainly be a highlight in my career.

On 4/5/2019 at 7:05 PM, 5thHorseman said:

You obviously never had the Shapeways figures. They're pretty sweet. Expensive AF but worth it.

6 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Actually the Shapeways figures was what I was thinking of when I wrote that. And the plushies.

It's all about managing expectations.   Whether it's a plushie you bought off a random internet site, or a job you're applying for that you have no real qualifications for, it's usually best to keep your expectations low so you won't be disappointed.  That way, I'm always pleasantly surprised at any outcome.