How to stabalise rocket?

I have a problem that when i launch my rockets and have the SAS turned on it is as if it is not doing anything and even when its on and i manually try to orient the rocket is moves as if the sas is off. I don't know how to fix it, i have added an advanced sas module as well as having no sas module at all and i still get the same results, anyone know what im doing wrong, help would be much appreciated.

SAS is a gyro that exerts forces itself to correct the course while ASAS co-ordinates other control mechanisms on the vehicle (canards, thrust vectoring, SAS modules) so to the same job.

It sounds like the rocket is either not balanced (you've got more engines or more weight on one side) or it's got so much wobble/instability that it's simply overwhelming the control mechanisms.

Multiple SAS modules will help strong-arm the rocket back on course but it may be easier to fix the design fault, but as Sal says we'd need some idea of the layout of the rocket if you want some more specific idea on what it could be.