Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition: History and Parts Pack Grand Discussion Thread!

UomoCapra

On 4/1/2019 at 4:05 PM, Cruss said:

Edit: 

Btw you don't have to trail your falling kerbal, you can use the AG/action menu which is dpad left or right, then select the chute there. I can only assume PC version has similar systems in place, either by keybind or also a radial menu of some sort. 

You do have to trail your falling Kerbal, there's no working radial for the chute with Radial controls preset (ironically).

19 hours ago, Arch3rAc3 said:

Just received a 654.07MB update on the Xbox today (2th April, 2019), but couldn't find any announcements about it.

Anyone knows the changelog?

Thanks.

Hello there, we have just released a new patch that fixes some bugs in consoles. Please let us know if you encounter further issues.

Patch Notes for 01.05
•    Addressed an issue where users using a French regional setting could experience a crash on load.
•    Addressed an issue where users could lose access to their save when loading during gameplay.

9 minutes ago, St4rdust said:

Hello there, we have just released a new patch that fixes some bugs in consoles. Please let us know if you encounter further issues.

Patch Notes for 01.05
•    Addressed an issue where users using a French regional setting could experience a crash on load.
•    Addressed an issue where users could lose access to their save when loading during gameplay.

Thanks.

There are a couple of issues still open, two of them being "the sun brightness/blinding effect being absent" and the "Test HAMMER Solid Fuel Booster at launch site not completable". They both - along with some other issues - have been reported already in the console's technical issues forum section, hopefully it draws some attention from the Devs.

Thanks again.

Edited by Arch3rAc3

On 4/3/2019 at 6:26 AM, KosmoNot79 said:

the only "bug" I found in the console update was if you go into IVA, the speedometer (velocimeter?) is written straight down instead of across the screen its meant to be down.

ex:

m

/

s

Yeah I noticed that. But I have noticed a lot of bugs in the last few days.

Like when I was going to bring bill kerban back from my station brought him back to kerban but then i went back to my station but some how he was still at the station. Then I done an Eva with Bill then went to see who was inside my station and there was another bill inside so i done an eva with that bill. So I had 2 bills. Plus it's been lagging so bad and im only im up to day 23 ive only got 1 station and about 6 satellites out there so I'm wondering how it's lagging that much.

I have noticed a lot of bugs in the last few days, like when I was going to bring bill kerban back from my station brought him back to kerban but then when i went back to my station some how he was back in the station. Then I done an Eva with Bill then went to see who was inside my station and there was another bill inside so i done an eva with that bill. So I had 2 bills. Plus it's been lagging so bad and im only up to day 23 ive only got 1 station and about 6 satellites out there so I'm wondering how it's lagging so much. 

On 4/3/2019 at 4:29 PM, Arch3rAc3 said:

You do have to trail your falling Kerbal, there's no working radial for the chute with Radial controls preset (ironically).

I checked this out last night, I don't know where you've been looking but there is a radial preset, left on the d-pad to open radial menu then R is RCS D is plant flag U is sas(I think) and L is parachute

5 hours ago, Broke dead dogg said:

I checked this out last night, I don't know where you've been looking but there is a radial preset, left on the d-pad to open radial menu then R is RCS D is plant flag U is sas(I think) and L is parachute

That's for PC, no?

I'm talking about the Xbox version with the radial control preset specifically.

18 hours ago, Arch3rAc3 said:

That's for PC, no?

I'm talking about the Xbox version with the radial control preset specifically.

left on the d-pad and put the joystick (left one i think) on the chute symbol then press a

On 4/7/2019 at 1:45 PM, Leopard said:

has the atmospheric model changed?

used to launching pretty un-aerodynamic  rockets before the fairings are available and while not that efficient they work, except now the same designs flip over a lot more easily

The atmo model was replaced in version 1.0. Is that what you mean? Only minor tweaks since then. 

On 4/9/2019 at 1:19 PM, Vanamonde said:
On 4/7/2019 at 1:45 PM, Leopard said:

has the atmospheric model changed?

used to launching pretty un-aerodynamic  rockets before the fairings are available and while not that efficient they work, except now the same designs flip over a lot more easily

The atmo model was replaced in version 1.0. Is that what you mean? Only minor tweaks since then. 

The Aero model hasn't changed, but I believe the aerodynamic qualities of many parts has changed. I recall there were issues with engine variants, cargo bays and other parts not working properly. Is it possible that's what's causing the problem?

On 4/7/2019 at 11:49 AM, Broke dead dogg said:

This is Xbox enhanced edition. Are you sure you're on radial presets?

Edit:

I have just tested again. I was in cursor mode, not radial.

Cursor mode has no radial functions specific for the Kerbal while in EVA, only general radial options with the Y button.

Radial does work as you say though. It only feels like it's less intuitive and harder to use if compared to cursor mode. But you are right, my mistake, radial preset soes have a open parachute function in a radial.

Edited by Arch3rAc3
Correction

On 4/11/2019 at 7:41 PM, Arch3rAc3 said:

Radial does work as you say though. It only feels like it's less intuitive and harder to use 

Its just what you're used to, when EE was first released, I had a go at all the presets, and settled on radial. Once you figure out where everything is, it's more intuitive than it first seems, the most commonly needed functions are available without needing to use the cursor which can be awkward.

10 hours ago, Broke dead dogg said:

Its just what you're used to, when EE was first released, I had a go at all the presets, and settled on radial. Once you figure out where everything is, it's more intuitive than it first seems, the most commonly needed functions are available without needing to use the cursor which can be awkward.

I don't use the cursor for everything in cursor preset though. There is a radial menu by pressing Y still, and even the D-Pad while flying opens the other set of radial - just not during EVA for an unknown bad design choice, since the D-Pad is not even used for anything else while in EVA, so I can't see why they wouldn't have it implemented...

The 2 main problems I have with the radial preset are the throttle control - you simply can't (for another unknown bad design choice) move the throttle in small inputs without having to hold a modifier key (LB/L1), unlike in Cursor mode;

The second problem is the time warp. While in Cursor I can just press LB+B or LB+X while flying, in radial I have to go all the way through a radial option, selecting time warp, having my controls focused on the timewarp window (forbidding me from flying the craft and leaving it uncontrollable while I'm dealing with timewarp) and then choosing to increase or decrease timewarp.

It's a lot less intuitive and a lot more unnecessarily complicated, not just a question of getting used to. With proper design thought and more customizable control option for the players, this could easily be fixed.

So rather than talking about mouse and keyboard in a History and Parts Pack thread, allow me to ask you guys how you like the new parts?

How are the shrouds on the service modules treating you?  How do you like the engine plates?

Loving the new engine plates. Makes for some cool looking rocket builds.

The service module shrouds are bugged ,I think. If you put solar panels / experiments inside the service module and launch without the shroud enabled , then the game thinks they are still blocked by aero forces. Kind of annoying. Does the pc version also have this problem?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2019 at 7:41 AM, mikey117 said:

Loving the new engine plates. Makes for some cool looking rocket builds.

The service module shrouds are bugged ,I think. If you put solar panels / experiments inside the service module and launch without the shroud enabled , then the game thinks they are still blocked by aero forces. Kind of annoying. Does the pc version also have this problem?

Have you tried launching with the shroud and the jettisoning it once in orbit?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/16/2019 at 2:41 AM, mikey117 said:

The service module shrouds are bugged ,I think. Does the pc version also have this problem?

Yes it does.  The service modules are very buggy indeed.  Upvote so they get some attention, please.  Apparently not enough people care for it to get a simple confirmation.

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/21878

Edited by klesh