Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition: History and Parts Pack Grand Discussion Thread!

UomoCapra

22 hours ago, Leopard said:

Curious to know why, having not bought the expansion I'm still offered in game contracts to test the parts I don't have access to

Check the bug tracker or the Console support forums to see if this is a known bug.   If not, start a tracker. 

On 6/4/2019 at 4:49 PM, Gargamel said:

Check the bug tracker or the Console support forums to see if this is a known bug.   If not, start a tracker. 

because then it could be added to a very long list of things to be ignored in the next revision

sorry, if Squad want paying customers to act as bug testers they should stick some sort of reporting thing within the game itself, I'm playing on a console, and generally accessing here on a phone, I did look at the bug forum, and then gave up, given it seems to require registration and so on.

whats the point of having a forum like this if no one is going to check it for problem reports?

why not use the same log in system that is used here?

1 hour ago, Leopard said:

because then it could be added to a very long list of things to be ignored in the next revision

Well it is guaranteed to be ignored if you don't start one.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Leopard said:

whats the point of having a forum like this if no one is going to check it for problem reports?

why not use the same log in system that is used here? 

The forum does not support bug/ticket tracking.   It just isn't designed to do that.   And bug tracking software isn't designed to be a forum.    And those are separate software packages.  

9 hours ago, Gargamel said:

The forum does not support bug/ticket tracking.   It just isn't designed to do that.   And bug tracking software isn't designed to be a forum.    And those are separate software packages.  

Sir is right though, i've had a look there myself and it's not super user friendly for a smartphone. I still wouldn't know how to add a bug to it. Nor am I really interested in that I have to create another account somewhere for something that should take no longer than a minute or two. For what it's worth, if things don't get fixed, people will just stop playing. Can't expect them to come here to report bugs, its not our job to be really honest. 

If Squad or blitzwork needs version testers than they should hire those, or ask people from the community if they would like to help. I'm pretty sure plenty of people would love to help out...

11 hours ago, Gargamel said:

He has a very good point though, most of the ones I reported got simply ignored, I don't even care wasting time there anymore.

We have long reported, confirmed and upvoted bugs that haven't even got any attention, while other bugs never had their progress bar changed by whoever is in charge of maintaing all that mess, even though some were said to be fixed, leaving players even more confused as to what is going on.

Please check the 1:00 mark so you can at least have a clue on the situation: 

Yet, priorities seem to be to launch more DLCs and whatnot so we can quickly duplicate the amount of open bugs in that limbo.

Well, Squad has methods in place for bug fixing.   Yes some don't get much work done on them, for a variety reasons known only to Squad.  But if you never report a a bug to Squad, in the method Squad has asked you too, then there's no chance it will get fixed.   I reported my first bug this week myself.    Took all of 3 minutes to do so.   

5 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Well, Squad has methods in place for bug fixing.   Yes some don't get much work done on them, for a variety reasons known only to Squad.  But if you never report a a bug to Squad, in the method Squad has asked you too, then there's no chance it will get fixed.   I reported my first bug this week myself.    Took all of 3 minutes to do so.   

Lol, all i can say about that is that there are quite a few bugs actually. It's just tedious, just like writing this message with my smartphone is tedious even though I'm used to texting. 

It's often easier to show it with a video or a screenshot, is that possible with the bugtracker? The consoles are great for bugtracking, it's essentially always recording and you can save the last 60 mins at any time.

Just now, Cruss said:

It's often easier to show it with a video or a screenshot, is that possible with the bugtracker?

You can add link to the message in the tracker.  In fact, it's often best to post a thread here on what the issue is, have some discussion to see if there's a workaround, and then submit a bug tracker with a link to the forum thread.  You can easily post screenshots and videos to the thread.  This way there's a chance for the public to discuss the issue, and the devs can easily jump into the conversation, or at least read it.    To post a screen shot or video, just upload it to your preferred video or image hosting service, and link it. 

10 hours ago, Gargamel said:

there's a chance for the public to discuss the issue, and the devs can easily jump into the conversation, or at least read it.

Do Devs honestly ever do that? I've made multiple threads already describing in detail some problems and possible workarounds, asking for Devs opinions or just a confirmation if they read it so we could know those threads weren't for nothing.

I even wasted an hour writing one about how to enhance the trimming system and giving out possible solutions with the limited controls we have. Never a Dev has wasted 1 minute to reply or even say they read it.

Perhaps that's a thing on PC threads, but there's ZERO dev interaction on the console threads. I'm just done with that.

Not to say the interaction on the bugtracker related to suggestions is even lower (if there's anything lower than Zero). They can barely pay attention to the bugs, let alone be able to check the suggestions.

7 hours ago, Arch3rAc3 said:

Do Devs honestly ever do that?

Yes they do.   Right now, they're crawling all over the BG forums, responding to threads about issues.  And when they don't respond, they do read. 

Perhaps the reason you don't see devs on the console threads is that SQUAD devs don't want to comment directly on console versions, since it's Blitwork devs who would be able to answer the questions.  I know they'd hate to have said one thing, and then something else happen.  But that's just a guess on my part. 

13 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Perhaps the reason you don't see devs on the console threads is that SQUAD devs don't want to comment directly on console versions, since it's Blitwork devs who would be able to answer the questions.  I know they'd hate to have said one thing, and then something else happen.  But that's just a guess on my part. 

Maybe it would be a good idea if blitzwork got a voice in this matter. Maybe in the form of a monthly update. 

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 3/27/2019 at 12:02 PM, UomoCapra said:

+++Fixed Bugs * Fixed scroll in crew assignment window after filling all seats * Fixed user not being unable to select the Staging region with the Simplified preset after reverting to the VAB when in Sandbox. * Fixed buildings not being accessible when returning to the main menu while in the flag window * Fixed pause menu failing to have functionality when opening a Contract Complete window and pausing the title during gameplay. * Improved performance in some saving and loading scenarios * Fixed Vessel editing becoming non-functional after transmitting data with the "Mystery Goo Containment Unit"

Yay! Bug fixes!