XBOne X, KSP Enhanced, Update & DLC 28.03.2019, Graphics Issue

Hi,

I udated KSP Enh. on my XBO-X today and bought the DLC. Since then the Sun Glare completely disappeared in no matter what mode (4k, 1080p, enhanced HDR, normal HDR). I took some screenshots to explain what exactly I mean:

That´s what I get from the current version of KSP Enhanced Edition incl. DLC (But also without and either after complete new installation and deleting the savegame on the console and in the cloud):

Pic1 Pic2 Pic3 Pic4  :mad:

And here´s what I get from the current KSP (normal version without DLC and Update? don´t know because I just reinstalled after a very long time again)

Pic1 Pic2 Pic3  :cool:

I guess we don´t need to argue about which one looks awesome and which one is a ridiculous joke, so please fix it because since KSP isn´t a beauty after all those light effects are pretty much the only joy, beside the pure gameplay mechanics, this game has to offer.

rgrds

Daniel

Edited by HUG
Insert some screenshots of how it´s supposed to be

17 hours ago, HUG said:

Hi,

I udated KSP Enh. on my XBO-X today and bought the DLC. Since then the Sun Glare completely disappeared in no matter what mode (4k, 1080p, enhanced HDR, normal HDR). I took some screenshots to explain what exactly I mean:

That´s what I get from the current version of KSP Enhanced Edition incl. DLC (But also without and either after complete new installation and deleting the savegame on the console and in the cloud): 

And here´s what I get from the current KSP (normal version without DLC and Update? don´t know because I just reinstalled after a very long time again) 

I guess we don´t need to argue about which one looks awesome and which one is a ridiculous joke, so please fix it because since KSP isn´t a beauty after all those light effects are pretty much the only joy, beside the pure gameplay mechanics, this game has to offer.

rgrds 

Daniel 

The same with the PS4 console without DLC...

24 minutes ago, Atroner said:

The same with the PS4 console without DLC...

Same but I also had bought the dlc on the my old *original Xbox one* and even though I bought it didn't give any of the parts so I thought ehh I bought an Xbox one X and everything works now so idk

11 minutes ago, Kalidor23 said:

I think its a question of point of view here, for me I prefer the first one! 

the problem is not the image itself ... it is the effect of light ... simply disappeared ah, have you been in space in orbit and see how the sun rises over the horizon? There is no longer that. The sun seems only a sticker in the background

1 hour ago, Atroner said:

the problem is not the image itself ... it is the effect of light ... simply disappeared ah, have you been in space in orbit and see how the sun rises over the horizon? There is no longer that. The sun seems only a sticker in the background

xactly what I mean. I´m sure there´s maybe some hardcore people out there who might be even happy about not being distracted by all the shiny bling bling anymore. But for me it´s an important part of the joy to have stunning coronas and sunrises in space.

2 hours ago, sicko kerman said:

Same but I also had bought the dlc on the my old *original Xbox one* and even though I bought it didn't give any of the parts so I thought ehh I bought an Xbox one X and everything works now so idk

Actually shouldn´t make a difference what XBox, I´m not even sure if KSP really supports One X. Between 4K and 1080p settings I don´t see any difference. I just mentioned it on here because I´m not sure. Some games do allow different settings depending on which Box it is and others don´t even improve the fps based on the system. I guess it has a lot to do how a game is programmed and not necessarily everything is better with a One X as it would be true for PC when it comes to better hardware. In general there´s not allowed by Microsoft to have any game on One X not running either on the One-S or One. So this parts issue you describe must have been a bug or other issue. Reinstallation for example fixed the heavy lags I had with the DLC missions. That´s actually always a good idea if something doesn´t work as it´s supposed to.

On March 29, 2019 at 1:35 PM, HUG said:

Actually shouldn´t make a difference what XBox, I´m not even sure if KSP really supports One X. Between 4K and 1080p settings I don´t see any difference. I just mentioned it on here because I´m not sure. Some games do allow different settings depending on which Box it is and others don´t even improve the fps based on the system. I guess it has a lot to do how a game is programmed and not necessarily everything is better with a One X as it would be true for PC when it comes to better hardware. In general there´s not allowed by Microsoft to have any game on One X not running either on the One-S or One. So this parts issue you describe must have been a bug or other issue. Reinstallation for example fixed the heavy lags I had with the DLC missions. That´s actually always a good idea if something doesn´t work as it´s supposed to.

Idk I just noticed after I bought the one X the frame rate seemed a lot better

Have they even tested the game before releasing though?

It's pretty likely that 100% of the people who updated the game are having this bug, with or without the DLC.

They were either to lazy to fire up the game and look at the sun before releasing the update or they didn't even care.

Edited by Arch3rAc3

On 3/31/2019 at 7:03 PM, Arch3rAc3 said:

Have they even tested the game before releasing though?

It's pretty likely that 100% of the people who updated the game are having this bug, with or without the DLC.

They were either to lazy to fire up the game and look at the sun before releasing the update or they didn't even care.

Nah excrements happens. Since they answered I´m confident it will be fixed soon. If you want an example for impudent patching I can tell Eurofishing from Dovetail wasn´t playable after an XBO patch for not only weeks but over a month until the fix came out and they stopped answering in their Forum after a couple of days so you had weeks of uncertainty when or if you will ever be able to play the game again. That was the moment I was wondering what this whole Microsoft certification system actually is for because in this case it´s impossible they did anything at all during this process. In comparison to this such a minor graphics issue and a prompt answer is absolutely ok for me. 

28 minutes ago, HUG said:

That was the moment I was wondering what this whole Microsoft certification system actually is for because in this case it´s impossible they did anything at all during this process

True, this ridiculous wait time developers have due to Microsoft certitication feels like a handicap!

Yet, I'm quite certain that the developers can test their game out before launching the update to the public, no? They don't have to launch the update and only then find out the problems, I believe.

The Long Dark is an example of this, most bugs that would show up after an update were relatively difficult to be found. I don't ever remember finding out a bug so easily noticeable in TLD like this one in KSP, where simply looking at the sky would be enough to notice it.

Yet, nice to see they are already working on it. Hopefully it's fixed soon, although the actual patch launch will probably take a more while due to the certification process, again.

Edited by Arch3rAc3

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2019 at 12:42 AM, HUG said:

xactly what I mean. I´m sure there´s maybe some hardcore people out there who might be even happy about not being distracted by all the shiny bling bling anymore. But for me it´s an important part of the joy to have stunning coronas and sunrises in space.

I've been told that it was purposely introduced to make the game more "realistic". I'm not sure if this is true though. 

5 hours ago, KosmoNot79 said:

I've been told that it was purposely introduced to make the game more "realistic". I'm not sure if this is true though. 

I hope this wasn´t an official statement because it takes no more but a look up into the sky on a bright sunny day to easily falsify it. Next question would be why they didn´t get this "realism update" on pc though. 

Edited by HUG

Soooo?...I´ll bump this up until it´s fixed or until I at least get any information on what´s the status of ths. It´s 2019 and you will not get me satisfied with graphics downgrades. Whether you can implement some pretty much useless parts without downgrading the whole rest of the game or you leave them out, this thing looks like 1999 now and if there´s just one dev who had the brilliant idea to take the only beautiful thing out of the game for a useless parachute you should fire him or her immediately because this is not how space with cold rock and gas balls in it get´s impressive, ask the guys on the ISS and not Larry from the accounting department about it. I´m looking forward to a proper official information or will push it up in a couple of days again and then again and then again and every time I will be a bit more liquided and let you know about it. Thank you!

On 4/22/2019 at 9:04 AM, KosmoNot79 said:

Sorry, but this is the lamest excuse possible. It's clearly a bug/downgrade.

3 hours ago, HUG said:

Soooo?...I´ll bump this up until it´s fixed or until I [...]

I'm with you. This is getting so ridiculous already!

Edited by Arch3rAc3

On 4/24/2019 at 2:23 PM, HUG said:

Soooo?...I´ll bump this up until it´s fixed or until I at least get any information on what´s the status of ths. It´s 2019 and you will not get me satisfied with graphics downgrades. Whether you can implement some pretty much useless parts without downgrading the whole rest of the game or you leave them out, this thing looks like 1999 now and if there´s just one dev who had the brilliant idea to take the only beautiful thing out of the game for a useless parachute you should fire him or her immediately because this is not how space with cold rock and gas balls in it get´s impressive, ask the guys on the ISS and not Larry from the accounting department about it. I´m looking forward to a proper official information or will push it up in a couple of days again and then again and then again and every time I will be a bit more liquided and let you know about it. Thank you!

I just tried to finally play the game even though it looks crappy but I meanwhile doubt you will ever fix it nor answer again but unfortunately I always start puking when I see the crippled sun and then I start hating you guys. This makes the game unplayable for me so thank you for nothing!

Edited by HUG

On 3/28/2019 at 3:09 PM, HUG said:

Hi,

rgrds

Daniel

Hello there! We did a recent update to XBox with some bug fixes! :) 

1 hour ago, St4rdust said:

Hello there! We did a recent update to XBox with some bug fixes! :) 

I love you! I always did! Just not during the last couple of days but that doesn´t count anymore. I just installed and checked and it´s perfect. :wub:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.