Enhanced edition and the cheat menu

Topher420247

Do not open the cheat menu on the console edition on a good save it is now permanent and will continue to block achievements even if you revert to launch. I just don't want someone to screw up their save file because this was how i was testing different stages of the rocket without having to completely rebuild it in another save. I could load the lander set its orbit around whatever planet and make sure it could land and get back to orbit. then i could revert to launch which was before the cheat menu was activated turning achievements back on, and build a stage that could get it there, stop it, and get it back. then you have a rocket that works and doesn't take you 400 launches to get right. Just frustrated they changed something i used so much and wanted to make sure no one got screwed by it

Edited by Topher420247
Typos

6 hours ago, Topher420247 said:

Just frustrated they changed something i used so much and wanted to make sure no one got screwed by it

They haven't changed it, it's been disabling achievements since it was implemented as a way for people to legitimately earn Achievements and Trophies 

You could revert to launch or the hangar and it would go back to a point before the cheat menu was active. Cause you activated it after launch it didn't count if you revert to launch. I just don't understand how it could have been abused to a point that they felt like it needed to be removed. Like i almost don't want to play because i got so used to building things in this manner that i don't want to just cobble something that i think will get there together only to find out im just shy of the delta v i needed

I can confirm that this method will work. Can't tell you how excited i am that this is still a possibility. So just to clarify you must save the game on the pad or runway before you activate cheats then you can test your craft and load your on the pad/ runway save to reactivate achievements. Thanks for the idea can't believe i didn't think of it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.