More planets!

11 hours ago, Kerbart said:

So we'll have more barren planets?

I don't think more planets to visit is really going to make a difference. We'll get more excitement out of planetary features, unlikely as that will be:

• One or more planet with complex ring systems
  • Active volcanoes
  • Vegatation and caves to explore, as in Astroneer
  • Roads and cities on Kerbin
  • Active weather systems
  • Tides and floods

-Sarnus

-Sure

-Vegetation? Maybe not except on Laythe, but yeah sure

-YES

- Sure, but that seems like a huge programming load

- Nah

11 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

Exactly.  We need better planets.  Not more planets.

I don't disagree, but the planets (at least the OPM ones) already exist, so it's minimal work to make them stock

13 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

4) Real moons for Eve

It only seems fair to me that Eve should get at a "real" moon, Gilly being so small it barely counts. I think something about halfway between the sizes of Mun and Minmus in a slightly inclined orbit at about the same relative distance as Mun seems fair.

Venus, what Eve is modeled on, has no moons. So Gilly is a bonus as is.

Well I definitely agree with the sentiment of "the current planets are boring" for a few bodies I think SQUAD has done about as well as they can with the current system

Moho : Mohole. That's about it. Rather lacking

Eve : A unique challenge, but it's really rather lacking in terms of unique terrain. There's no reason to go other than the engineering challenge (or gravity assists, but you get the point)

Gilly : Not much, but too small for any features

Kerbin : Needs cities/roads/train tracks, etc. For the homeworld it's disappointingly bare.

Mun : Interesting (to me at least) craters and lots of easter eggs. The best fleshed out body in the game IMO, and bringing all the other planets up to the Mun's standard would be a good goal

Minmus : Lacking, but would be a bit small to fill up with features and not have it feel unrealistically "full"

Duna : Has a good few easter eggs and some interesting terrain. A bit bare but would not be my highest priority

Dres : Has the Canyon and asteroids but that's about it. Alright but some more terrain features wouldn't hurt

Jool : Nothing really to be done since it's a gas giany

Laythe : Interesting enough on its own. I'd like to see some evidence of simple plants near the interior lakes but not a priority.

Vall : Needs improvement

Tylo : Needs improvement

Bop & Pol - Both too small to really have much by way of features

Eeloo - Fine for what it is but would be better suited as an Enceladus analogue

I actually prefer landings to exploration in most cases, so I'd like more (barren) planets / moons, but that's just me. My only protracted (base building) missions have been to Mun, Minmus and Duna and I do think they need a bit of work. Actual meaning for rovers would be good too, you could see all these new things.

2 hours ago, fulgur said:

I actually prefer landings to exploration in most cases, so I'd like more (barren) planets / moons, but that's just me. My only protracted (base building) missions have been to Mun, Minmus and Duna and I do think they need a bit of work. Actual meaning for rovers would be good too, you could see all these new things.

The Mun has some of that (sights to see, etc) but it's about the only body that does. That said you're entirely right

On 3/29/2019 at 2:16 AM, Blaarkies said:

What proportion of kerbal players have actually left the Kerbin system? I believe a lot of players never leave Kerbin SOI (not intentionally anyway), but i wish we had some stats about this :/

On my way to Jool system and Eeloo for science and exploration. Built a mining and refueling operation on Dress for the purpose. I still have plenty to do with the stock celestial bodies (Eve, Moho haven't been touched yet)...but I can see the darkness at the end of the tunnel. In my wildest dreams a true interstellar KSP, with all the required fictional stuff, like a warp drive, would be awesome but...I also somewhat understand the limitations making this almost impossible. I'm still a happy Kerbal!

Edited by strider3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When I jump into the tracking station, and I scroll between the different worlds of the Kerbol system, there seem to be very few worlds to launch to and explore. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a lot of effort I’d bet to create all the worlds there are in KSP. I’m just saying it would definitely spice up the game, and create a lot more opportunities and challenges for players, including myself.

One suggestion is to give a tidally locked moon to eeloo. Eeloo and it’s moon would always show each other the same face, just like duna and Ike do, just without the wobbliness, if you know what I mean.

Another cool thing would be to put several gilly-sized asteroids in a solar orbit similar to Dres. The sizes of the asteroids could vary, as long as they still have a tiny bit of gravity. This would, to me, make a cool asteroid belt. A good challenge to get an encounter with. 

Another neat thing would be to give Tylo a tiny moon of its own. Having such strong gravity, it’s not a surprise that an asteroid with a little gravity could be captured in orbit of Tylo.

I can’t exactly get mods because of how my internet is at my house, so I can’t download any planet packs. Besides, adding more planets to the stock game would just be so much cooler to me.

I hope you will take some time to think about this.

Thank you.

Even though I don't agree, I understand that you want more planets...

What I don't get is how you're thinking that a stock update that adds more planets would be kinder to your internet than downloading a planet pack mod?

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, Astronaut James said:

I’m on Xbox.

Then you can't get mods anyway, even if you had the best internet in the world.

This:

On 6/22/2019 at 10:53 AM, Astronaut James said:

I can’t exactly get mods because of how my internet is at my house, so I can’t download any planet packs.

Directly implies you're on a computer.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.