Colonizing EVE

We should start a challenge... Let's see how many people can colonize Eve WITHOUT MODS! RULES: 1. NO MODS 2. YOU MUST HAVE A COLONY OF ATLEAST 10 KERBALS THERE 3. YOU MUST SEND THE KERBALS BACK TO KERBIN 4. YOU MUST SHOW PROOF!      I am doing this in memory of the Reddit Challenges! :)

Welcome to the forum, @Oliver Kerman.

One of the rules for posting challenges is that you must attempt do it yourself.  Note: that doesn't mean you have to succeed because a 10 kerbal Eve return is a really hard challenge.

Just as a side note: the comic sans font hurts the eyes and offends the hearts of some internet users.

Good luck.

Going to come right out and say that this isn't much of a challenge...returning ten Kerbals from Eve isn't hard if you brute-force it. If there was scoring, or other constraints, or a more stringent definition of "colony" then it might prove more enticing.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:12 AM, James Kerman said:

Welcome to the forum, @Oliver Kerman.

One of the rules for posting challenges is that you must attempt do it yourself.  Note: that doesn't mean you have to succeed because a 10 kerbal Eve return is a really hard challenge.

Just as a side note: the comic sans font hurts the eyes and offends the hearts of some internet users.

Good luck.

I've tried, I keep failing

but I know its a good challenge

Getting the Kerbals there, is no problem.

Building a nice base is only slightly problematic, mainly due to the difficulty of getting docking ports to adhere with greater force than the gravity's bending of everything.

Also longdistance rovers are not very practical. Not when they are portaging base components from miss-dropped landing sites, over mountains and lakes.

Supplying them with a mean to get home?  AY CARAMBA!

I will be skipping this one, thanks.

On 3/30/2019 at 12:40 AM, Oliver Kerman said:

We should start a challenge... EVE...

YOU MUST HAVE A COLONY OF ATLEAST 10 KERBALS THERE ...

YOU MUST SEND THE KERBALS BACK TO KERBIN

noun: colony

a country or area under the full or partial political control of another country and occupied by settlers from that country.

plural noun: settlers

a person who moves with a group of others to live in a new country or area.

Ok, so you want us to demonstrate a *FAILED* colony of 10 Kerbals to Eve?

Edited by MarvinKitFox

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.