Dumb ways to die (KSP Edition)

Wildcat111

The rules are simple: list as many dumb ways, no matter how big or small, your KSP missions have failed

I'll start it off...

Confusing retrograde with prograde. You can probably guess what happened next...

I. Accept a rescue contract:

kPb7Uot.png

II. Descend close to the profit source kerbonaute desperately waiting for assistance.

fND49ob.png

III. Light your engine to make the client's capsule flying away.

Xiuw3WA.png

IV. Enjoy the failure of the contract.

1hPqOdM.png

euCgoDu.png

6 hours ago, GRS said:

Physical Timewarp while flying an Unstable Monster Craft

oh... done that too! It was named the Nova... and it was an absolute PAIN to fly! It was supposed to be a Direct Ascent to the Mun, but I way over engineered it. I'll get a VAB picture in a couple hours

• 2 weeks later...

Once I separated from my Mun station, plotted a return trip to Kerbin for the next orbit, and after I hit the engines I said, “Oh look, I’ll be flying right past the station-“ Blam! Right into it. Think I killed a kerbal in the Cupola (rocket was unmanned delivering science back to Kerbin), but I was so freaked out I immediately reloaded the last save. 

1. Starting descent burn too late and ended up impacting the Mun.
  2. Putting a Kerbal right next to a Vector engine nozzle in a Liauid Fuel Rocket Cannon and fired the engine just to see a hopeless Kerbal launch.
  3. Install a Life Support mod (e.g TAC Life Support. I use this currently) and forgot to upgrade your Mun base to adapt with this mod (I built a Matt Lowne-inspired massive rover using Stock build in mind even I have @Nertea's Station Parts Expansion Redux installed. Quite a dumb choice)
Edited by FahmiRBLXian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.