How can i get to the Mun or get out of orbit?

Recently I've been constantly going through different types of rockets using loads of solid fuel boosters and they just end up getting sent over to the side and spinning out. I then try to use the liquid ones but I seem to have to use the tanks full of liquid fuel on the side so I can actually use them with the "Yellow pipes". could someone help me out here?

Welcome to the forum, @Deestroh.

You can use the fuel hoses - they have arrows on them that indicate the direction of flow.  If the outer tanks are connected with decouplers - right click on them in the VAB and enable fuel crossflow (by default they don't allow fuel transfer).

Also this thread has been moved to Gameplay Questions and Tutorials.

Oh! I forgot to add, when I do what you're telling me to do, It's always seems to make me move over to the side a bit. And if I try and control it early flight it just spins out even from the slightest tap. I have a pretty good setup too.

There are lots and lots of tricks to making a rocket that flies nice and straight. Basically, we need a picture of it -- but I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions for improvements, and important design notes that you didn't know before.

The forum does not host images so you will need to upload them to a storage service.  I use imgur but you should be able to use any image hosting service.  Once you have uploaded your image, you click the 'insert other media button' in the bottom left and link you should see your image embedded in the post.  So far as I know, however, posting albums from imgur do not work so it's best to link to the images individually.

Edited by James Kerman
edited for grammar

So, you shouldn't need the fuel lines for fuel to flow between tanks stacked vertically.  Do you get any fuel on your core engine at all without them, or does the engine fail to work?  You  don't have enough fuel for your main engine to get the most out of it, but you should see something without the lines.

As far as stability problems, the biggest issue is that you have a lot of drag at the front of your rocket.  Draggy parts naturally want to be at the back of an object, so this will make your thing want to flip.  Other than the fuel lines (which you should be able to get rid of once that issue is solved, your biggest issue is changes in the width of the parts.  KSP's aerodynamic model really penalizes those, so it's pretty important to use parts that are the same width, and use adapters and the like when you need to change.  Two main culprits here:

• The bottom of the two-man capsule is designed for 1.875 meter tanks, but you've got it attached to a 1.25m stack.  That extra bulge at the bottom is probably causing a lot of drag.  
  • That XL parachute on top is designed for capsules with a 1.25m top size, like the 3-man capsule.  For the 1 or 2 man capsule, you'll do better with the smaller parachute.  If you need more chutes to avoid crashing, you can add a couple radial parachutes to the sides (they're actually much better in terms of mass and drag relative to how well they slow you down). 

26 minutes ago, Deestroh said:

ASwftrN.png

OK,   it looks like you in career mode,   

I can't see which SRBs or fuel tanks  you have unlocked, but first off i would suggest using a smaller parachute, or 2 flat mount parachutes. 

build an upper section,  

1) the command capsule

2) an FL-T-400, 

3) A Terrier engine

Put a 2ND stage under that, using a Swivel engine and 3-4 fuel tank Check your TWR to makesure it is above 1.

If needed and add booster stage on the side,  try to keep the TWR low. 

If i had to guess I think you spin out because  you are running the boosters at a high thrust,

then when they cut out the high  drag at the front end cause the rocket to spin around. 

Here is a good tutorial:

1 minute ago, Tweeker said:

OK,   it looks like you in career mode,   

I can't see which SRBs or fuel tanks  you have unlocked, but first off i would suggest using a smaller parachute, or 2 flat mount parachutes. 

build an upper section,  

1) the command capsule

2) an FL-T-400, 

3) A Terrier engine

Put a 2ND stage under that, using a Swivel engine and 3-4 fuel tank Check your TWR to makesure it is above 1.

If needed and add booster stage on the side,  try to keep the TWR low. 

If i had to guess I think you spin out because  you are running the boosters at a high thrust,

then when they cut out the high  drag at the front end cause the rocket to spin around. 

Here is a good tutorial:

Alright, the most helpful person I've found yet. Thanks! I will be on my way to meet the rest of you all in space :)

The right pod and parachute (the starter chute set for 750 ASL is plenty unless you're coming down on a mountain) and it's all good.  You might consider turning on angle snaps, click on the circle and it turns into a hexagon, restricts radial part placement.

18 hours ago, Deestroh said:

ASwftrN.png

Like @Aegolius13 has mentioned, you should only need the starter parachute on the 0.625 m node.

As for the drag on the back of the capsule, in the Advanced Rocketry node (which has the Terrier) there is a 1.25-1.875m adaptor (FL-A151S), and in General Construction there is the TD-18 decoupler for that size. You’ll want those two parts to effectively use that pod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.