Fuel scoop?

For those that don't know what a fuel scoop is: https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Fuel_Scoop

So, my idea would be to add a similar system to KSP, either as a way to make a refuelling station next to Kerbol, or to fuel a craft passing by Kerbol. This would logically only pick up liquid fuel though, which means it'd only really be useful for nukes, although I'm willing to discuss it scooping up different fuels if people want it to.

Thoughts?

29 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

As soon as I read the title I knew it would be about Elite. But, getting that close to the star as in E:D is basically impossible in ksp.

Aren't drills enough? They're a bit further from science fiction than scoops. I 

I just want more reasons to visit Kerbol. I guess I just like stars.

3 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Hmm, it would be cool, but I don’t think it should directly pick up LF. Maybe it should instead collect a raw resource which could then be converted via an ISRU to fuel.

Maybe it could serve two purposes. Function to the idea in the OP and be a Xenon collector/distiller. At a very low rate only on static groundstations (bases) when active on the vessel while having a xenon tank to store it to. Or through the atmosphere on a plane at a faster rate. Besides that you could have the scoop on any vessel you intend to aerobrake with or when leaving Kerbin. The idea being so you can collect small collections and store them at depots or other ships in the solar system.

On 3/31/2019 at 5:30 PM, The Aziz said:

As soon as I read the title I knew it would be about Elite. But, getting that close to the star as in E:D is basically impossible in ksp.

Aren't drills enough? They're a bit further from science fiction than scoops. I 

On 3/31/2019 at 6:01 PM, M_Rat13 said:

I just want more reasons to visit Kerbol. I guess I just like stars.

Could totally work for scooping jool, laythe, or eve's atmosphere tho. You just get a really low concentration of ore.

Maybe not ore. But, as I suggested in few threads YEARS ago, getting xenon from Jool atmosphere might be fun. Let it have a purpose of being so close, since you can't legally land on it. Don't let it become just big green gravitational well forever.

I like more the idea @The Aziz said.I just see scooping from Kerbol to boring and most players dont even go there....

Like you know how close you need to go to a sun in Elite to scoop fuel?!A bit to close and you go BOOM and a bit to far and you dont get anything.For a game like KSP that doesnt have the kind of "ficional movement"Can make scooping fuel to tedius and eventually makes it a better choice to just go to an asteroid or to a small planet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.