Threads Of The Month: April Fools 2019

Gargamel

It's yet again time for our

Threads of the Month Awards, for April Fools 2019!

i41B0iL.png?1

In this edition of TOTM, we'll take a look at recent postings that have shaped our forums in a positive manner.  We'll start off these awards by looking at @JPLRepo's take on how flat should your runway be?  He takes a deep look at the workings of level runways, and how it is a myth that one is required.  Continuing this vein, he delves into how bumpy the KSP runway is, and the efforts to fix that:

Then we move onto the wonderful release of KSP version 1.2.1!  @UomoCapra here shows us all the new and exciting features that were added in this update, listing off the thousands hundreds dozens of changes in the change log:

Now we move onto the modding section, where @TriggerAu brings us this glorious new mod, Kerbal Alarm Clock.  It's rife with features that every kerbonaut should have:

Following this up is another classic thread.  This one really doesn't need an introduction, you've all seen it, loved it, enjoyed reading it:

n3LqdCL.jpg

And we round out this months awards with a post from our venerable poster, @SQUAD.  In this thread, Squad goes over what the team has been working on recently, from new fairings, to bug squashing, to 4 new landing gears!  They even communicate directly with Elon Musk!

And once again, a thank you to @adsii1970 for the creation of our wonderful TOTM badges.  TOTM winners can place these badges in the thread, in their signatures, under their beds, wherever they'd like. 

If you find a thread that you feel is of such quality that it should be featured in our TOTM, then click that "report" button in the OP of the thread, and let us know you nominate it!  We, as moderators, don't get to see every thread out there, and without your input, these awards can't happen.  So nominate those threads!

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

In this edition of TOTM, we'll take a look at recent postings that have shaped our forums in a positive manner. 

Hmmmm, okay

I mean I'm not knocking the threads for their weight in importance to the community... but like, this is not relevant news.

Spoiler

you-got-me_o_1891513.jpg hqdefault.jpg ayyyyyyyyy-you-got-me.jpg

I mean, its still 31st of March at this point, but its a good troll.

Edited by Poodmund

3 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Depends on where you are, eh? :)

@CobaltWolf just told me that "euros are barely even people so it doesn't count" so I have that on good authority that it starts in a few hours time.... as a 'euro'.... I don't know if I should be offended.

I redact that statement.

Edited by Poodmund

38 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

No mention of the the easter egg...... disappointed.

13 minutes ago, airtrafficcontroller said:

I did'n find anything. But I'm a noob...

You're not the only one. Though my powers of observation are legendarily awful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.