Nyan cat???

Hey so i've recently updated my mod list on my 1.4.5 install and all of a sudden I've got this nyan cat thingy on my loading screen (that is like 15 minute, "20,241 modules loaded"), I hate all those internet viral stuff, does anyone know what mod adds it?, how to disable it?.

I think I can see the changes in CKAN and check mod by mod but I hope somebody already knows the answer to this.

Edited by OutlawFarmer

14 minutes ago, OutlawFarmer said:

does anyone know what mod adds it?,

Module Manager

14 minutes ago, OutlawFarmer said:

how to disable it?.

You can't, not without pretty much disabling every mod you have.

It only shows up two days a year.   It's tolerable for that time frame. 

10 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Tolerable? Nyan Cat is wonderful! ^_^

And yes @OutlawFarmer, it appears on April 1st (as an April Fool's joke). It doesn't affect any of your mods or anything, just the loading screen

45 minutes ago, OutlawFarmer said:

how to disable it?.

:-D

It's awesome, but if you want to disable it, either don't play today, set your computer clock to another date, or recompile ModuleManager yourself..  I can't remember whether or not there's a hidden config setting somewhere to disable it.

13 minutes ago, micha said:

It's awesome, but if you want to disable it, either don't play today, set your computer clock to another date, or recompile ModuleManager yourself..  I can't remember whether or not there's a hidden config setting somewhere to disable it.

There's a command line option to it (you add it to the KSP command line), what's a bit cumbersome but doable.

But I choose to recompile it. :) 

Oh I see, lol.

I don't mind it in that case, I was just sure it was something I've installed just now that's gonna appear every time.

Come to think of it, I think it's not the first time I've seen it...

3 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

Ah the annual Nyan cat thread.  I almost forgot about this.  Such awesomeness.

;)

It is the 1st day, of the 4th month of the year. Which means it's time for a little square pink rainbow cat spewing rainbows out of it's rear is going to be flying across many modded players screens today, and undoubtedly there will be the resulting onslaught of post asking "Why is there Nyan Cat?!?" and all variations there upon the question.

15 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Module Manager

You can't, not without pretty much disabling every mod you have.

So if I had the Nyan cat yesterday and 8 days ago I got a lucky streak?

42 minutes ago, Jestersage said:

I am trying to fork it. once I figure out how to compile it, I will put up the MM-continue.

Give a peek on https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/ModuleManager and check how I managed to do it on a UNIX machine (didn't bored to migrate the.unit tests yet).

It would be interesting to have a more orthodox fork, as mine is somewhat customized and not all people would need/want such customizations. :)

Edited by Lisias
tyops. as usulla.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.