Huge tracking loading lags in 1.6.1 vs 1.5.1

I took a break for a while, came back, updated everything for 1.6.1, and now my career mode game lags for whole minutes switching between the tracking station and each vessel.

I do have a ton of asteroids tracked (>200) and have been trying to weed these down.  A second test save with only one ship loads fast. The lag is mostly switching from the tracking station to the first ship, switching back to map view isn't bad. From map view, switching to another ship also slow.

I am on a Mac Pro 12 core with 32G RAM and Nvidia GTX-980 4G, in 10.13.6.  Running off a Samsung 850 pro SSD on a PCI-e card.

About 40 mods (see below), but basically the same set as I had in 1.5.1 without the big lag.

Anything I should try first?  Any of these mods a known issue with 1.6.1? Some worked fine in 1.5.1 even tho they were only certified thru 1.4.9999. No major log spam.

Spoiler

000_ClickThroughBlocker
001_ToolbarControl
B9PartSwitch
BetterLoadSaveGame
Chatterer
CommunityResourcePack
CraftManager
DeployableEngines
DistantObject
DMagicUtilities
EditorExtensionsRedux
EngineLight
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
HaystackContinued
JanitorsCloset
Kerbal Electric
Kopernicus
KSP-AVC
KXAPI
ManeuverNodeEvolved
ManeuverQueue
MarkIVSystem
MiniAVC
ModularFlightIntegrator
NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE
NearFutureAeronautics
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
PartAngleDisplay
PlanetShine
scatterer
Squad
StockVisualEnhancements
SVT
TooManyOrbits
TrackingStationEvolved
Trajectories
TriggerTech
WaypointManager
WildBlueIndustries
XenonHallThrusters

Edited by Hangdog

• 3 weeks later...

Manually deleting the excess asteroids I had tracked was the solution. I manually edited the save file to get rid of most. Deleted the VESSEL entry for all the asteroids I hadn't renamed. Load times vastly improved.

A mod to filter the asteroids would be useful: both for size (not known once you are tracking them) and even more important, that they have any encounters with Kerbin.

14 hours ago, Hangdog said:

A mod to filter the asteroids would be useful: both for size (not known once you are tracking them) and even more important, that they have any encounters with Kerbin.

I don't know if this will actually effect the loading times or not, but you can filter by type.  At the top of the tracking station window, you can click the asteroid type button, and it won't show those.   But like I said, I don't know if it doesn't load them, or just doesn't show them. 

My problem was I tracked everything. Only a handful were ‘interesting’ (a Kerbin encounter). Filtering turns off all. Don’t know if that works to speed up the loading  either.

I learned the trick of selecting one, hitting backspace, and checking for an encounter.  Renamed those, and went into the persistent save file and deleted 90% of the rest. 

More than one encounter was actually an impact on Kerbin. No contract to prevent these appeared, but I took it on as a challenge. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.